Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #61
Autobot_Orion
Beasty
Talking Re: Transformers RoTF Supreme Class Devastator Out Now at Canadian Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

Now on topic. Devastator is IMHO not a $100 figure. For that price he holds no interest from me. Now for say $30, he starts to look a lot better. Each ten dollars dropped is like taking a shot of whiskey, and it gets to the point where you look through the beer-goggles and say, "man that devastator is hot. I'd get that in a second."
lol...it's the liquor talking.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #62
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!
Re: Transformers RoTF Supreme Class Devastator Out Now at Canadian Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Yeah.. Unicron was on sale for 40% off along with all transformers at TRU right before the movie came out. I picked him up for $43 which I think is a good price. Not exactly the cheapest, but I won't complain too much if he goes even lower.

Now on topic. Devastator is IMHO not a $100 figure. For that price he holds no interest from me. Now for say $30, he starts to look a lot better. Each ten dollars dropped is like taking a shot of whiskey, and it gets to the point where you look through the beer-goggles and say, "man that devastator is hot. I'd get that in a second."

From the photos/videos, I really can't see where the money has gone into the figure that justifies the price tag. The figure looks like they could sell it for $50 and still turn a huge profit because they obviously skimped out on a lot of things. Now if there were bot modes, I would say $100 would probably be right.
I doubt that a Supreme figure will cost the same as a Voyager at $30. If it does that is great but I highly doubt it.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #63
Tothemax
Generation 1

why are people bashing this figure so much. When they sell out and people are hunting when value goes up, they'll be crying. I think it's a great figure, if you want accuracy in paint then buy the Frenzy_rumble custom for thousands.

Also why would this change to individual robot mods? I'm sure if possible it would have been done. Also in the movie the individual robots did not form Devastator. Remember Devastator was on the pyramid while Long Haul, Rampage and MixMaster were hunting Sam
Tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #64
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

We should start a poll
Old 07-31-2009, 12:30 AM   #65
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

OK, last post on this one I promise (or maybe not, depends on my mood).

I had a look at a few video reviews - this monstrosity gets panned in what I have seen. The lack of paint is a major issue I do have to say (it is also the same reason I hate the ROTF Ironhide BTW).

And to the people who calls us hypocrites for calling this figure a piece of crap at $100 but opting to buy it for $30 when it goes on clearance, I have one simple thing to say....

It's called consumer's choice, and choosing to use our funds to teach Hasbro a lesson, which keeps them honest. When they make clunkers like this, and the ROTF Ironhide and Demolishor (the great shelfwarmers from the ROTF line), and we don't buy it, good ol' Hasbro has to figure why we didn't buy these crappy toys. They do market research, they learn, they make better products that we like. and they stay in business. It's a hit and miss process, but hey....

It is also about me (and all of us) deciding how much a figure is truly worth. If we decide that Devastator is only worth $30 for being a total piece of shit and that is all we will pay for it and will wait for two years until it goes on sale at that price, that is what we will decide. It's the freedom of the market. Stores can try to charge what they think is fair, but that doesn't mean we have to pay.

Case in point, there is a reason why it is hard to find Human Bumblebee in Wal-Mart but find 20 of them in Toys R Us.

Done ranting.
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:33 AM   #66
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

er, Human Alliance Bumblebee*
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:36 AM   #67
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
DEFINITELY WAITING TILL CLEARANCE TIME...FULLY EXPECT WEST SIDE WALMARTS TO END UP WITH PALETTE LOADS OF THESE THINGS THIS FALL...JC
wow so angry! (capslock)
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 AM   #68
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothemax View Post
why are people bashing this figure so much. When they sell out and people are hunting when value goes up, they'll be crying. I think it's a great figure, if you want accuracy in paint then buy the Frenzy_rumble custom for thousands.

Also why would this change to individual robot mods? I'm sure if possible it would have been done. Also in the movie the individual robots did not form Devastator. Remember Devastator was on the pyramid while Long Haul, Rampage and MixMaster were hunting Sam
Well, it's only rare now because it's not fully released yet. The reason Devastator doesn't have individual robot modes is cost cutting not technological limitations. Finally, I'm not even sure this is movie accurate or not. We're never really told if Devastator parts have individual modes in the movie. This theory is an explanation made up by the fans to explain things as far as I know and is never mentioned in the movie.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:19 AM   #69
SimonMK
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothemax View Post
There was also Demolishor who died at the beginning. Which mean Devastator would be impossible if there wasn't a second set of Constructicons.
SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:33 AM   #70
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
So once it reaches a low price tag, your unadulterated crap will magically turn into a desirable toy worth buying? If it was really crap, you would have absolutely no desire to buy it regardless of the price tag.
I have to agree, there's some stuff that's interesting enough that I would wait and pickup on the cheap, but if I feel it's crap I don't buy it regardless of price.

In terms of Devastator I would not buy this toy at any price, frankly I think Hasbro should be paying me to take this toy off their hands to be honest
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devastator, rotf, sighting, supreme class