Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #41
roballan
Machine War
Re: Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released at Canadian Retail

Super disappointing. Never enough supply. Shouldn't have waited on Takara version. going to end up paying same price for the US one as fast as these are going. Friggin' army of bumblebees all the time and not enough of these to meet demand.

Last edited by roballan; 10-04-2012 at 06:44 PM.
roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #42
shockwave555
Smart Guy

well good thing i got a job because this is a little pricey and will be VERY hard to find
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #43
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Luckily a fellow board member snagged me one of these bad boys while I was at work and unable to hit the burlington TRU, he got the last 2 that were there. I got there at 430 and the stock guy asked me what is all this commotion about "this" prime...I told him that the japanese version was $250+ shipping and he just looked at me with eyes and mouth opened wide, lol. he then pointed to the YOTD Prime and ultimate prime and the deluxe prime with trailer and asked me why these weren't good enough, I chuckled and said that they were horrible fugly figures and i think they'll be there for a while with all those bumblebees. "oh, do you want to buy a bumblebee?" he asks...we both laughed.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #44
halcyon
Generation 2

To confirm, I also noticed the system showing around 480+ units in the warehouse (compared to 1400 thunder rackets and around 800-900 dragon version primes)
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #45
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

^^^So essentially there are far less of these meaning scalpers are gonna screw us however they can?
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #46
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
To confirm, I also noticed the system showing around 480+ units in the warehouse (compared to 1400 thunder rackets and around 800-900 dragon version primes)
Hopefully that is just the initial shipment. TRU has got to know that this will be a popular figure... at least I hope.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #47
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

based on how well all the other "Primes" sell...i don't have high hopes for it to be a huge supply. they have so many primes on the shelves right now. YOTD, Ultimate, Powerizers, Deluxe with trailer, DOTM, FOC...I may be forgetting some but its almost as bad as bumblebee now. If and when I see them I will be grabbing some for board members to screw the scalpers sales.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #48
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
based on how well all the other "Primes" sell...i don't have high hopes for it to be a huge supply. they have so many primes on the shelves right now. YOTD, Ultimate, Powerizers, Deluxe with trailer, DOTM, FOC...I may be forgetting some but its almost as bad as bumblebee now. If and when I see them I will be grabbing some for board members to screw the scalpers sales.
I think for any of us that have the funds we should do that, if for no other reason to keep them out of the hands of scalpers. I did it today for TC's because of the jackass in Woodbridge who has them at Kijiji. If I can grab more of anything at any point and time to help out board members I will and post.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #49
joshimus
Metroplex

The problem with the current on shelves primes is that Ultimate Prime blows so who wants the "Year of the Dragon" version of a crappy figure? Then you have the deluxe with a trailer so boring that you can just buy a better hotwheels one. MP Prime SOLD OUT for a reason. 1: cause they didn't have many and 2: Because collectors really wanted it...and probably scalpers...REALLY glad I woke up early this morning to go to TRU.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #50
ryceball89
Decepticlown

Since it's pretty guaranteed I can sell it at cost to a board member, I wouldn't mind charging it to my credit and worst case, return it! But gotta find one first ...
ryceball89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
masterpiece optimus prime