Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #191
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
There hasn't been a 3D movie yet that has impressed me that isn't animated.

Having said that, I really regret not watching Gravity in 3D. From what I've heard, that movie was a true 3D experience, throughout the whole movie, not just in the beginning and end and sparingly throughout which seems to be the 3D recipe these day.
So true. Although I do feel the 3D seems to help define the picture better (Crisper edges, things standout more) in live action, it's not overly 3D per se. Aside from debris I don't really notice much. 3D is really designed for animated material.

Gravity is also a movie we bought in 3D but haven't had a chance to sit down and watch yet. It's the kind of movie that would probably suit 3D well. Maybe tonight I'll set some time aside for it.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #192
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I think I found a good example of the child like behavior you guys are referring to ...
Quote me, Joshimus:
This idea of "Make live action 86' movie" is stupid. Let it go already. A modern version of the 86' movie isn't gonna be a masterpiece since the 86' movie itself aint no masterpiece. I love it for what it was, but I don't need a full on redo in theatres, or direct to DVD.
How is that child-like behavior? I'm calling the idea stupid, not you stupid for wanting that idea.
There is a big difference between thinking an idea is stupid versus someone calling millions of people as "bottom dwelling, brainless zombies who'll watch anything" stupid. Very big difference.
An 86' movie redone is stupid idea, as was cube forming transformations TF4 has.
Quote:
CobraCommanders quote:
"I understand your point but you fail to see my argument on what I think would make a better movie. The Bay movies have proven that the audience (casuals) just doesn't care what happens as long as they are entertained (which I attribute to shorter and shorter attention spans as generations progress), so I don't see how a G1 remake could do any worse at this point? I personally have no stake if the movie makes $1 Billion World Wide or just $1. I'm just an old selfish bastard, so give me my Geewun and get off my lawn you pesky kids!"
Your assumption is that people that like the TF Franchise have shorter attention spans. I don't think you realize how long these films are. You CLEARLY need an attention span if you are gonna make it to the end LOL!

Last edited by joshimus; 07-01-2014 at 07:20 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #193
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I think some people just have the need, the absolute need, to be "right". And if they need to be right somebody else has to be "wrong". They need somebody to rage against. Also, they think that anybody that disagrees with the way they view the world is an idiot.

It's a pretty self centered attitude.
It's so silly though. It's just a movie. There is no right or wrong. You either enjoy it, or don't. It's not a question of who is right or wrong, it's irrelevant. I don't care for horror films. Doesn't mean I am gonna call people stupid for liking them. I can't get into Breaking Bad. Doesn't mean the show is bad, just means I don't care for it. It's really not an issue, nor are people stupid for liking/disliking it.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #194
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Observaton: HftD Insection returned as part of Megatron's 'infecting' Galvatron. And they were pretty much in classic black and purple Insecticon colours from what I recall seeing. Wouldn't mind a store exclusive repaint of that scout class in those colours.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #195
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Is there going to be a Transformers 5? It's obvious the creator is Primus, or the Quints
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #196
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

I felt sad, my little nephew almost cried when Ratchet didn't wanted to say where Prime was and got killed at the hands of Lockdown
Old 07-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #197
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
I felt sad, my little nephew almost cried when Ratchet didn't wanted to say where Prime was and got killed at the hands of Lockdown
I almost cried too...

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:40 PM   #198
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

But Prime afterwards went apeshit when he saw the footage that Ratchet died. But again we see Ratchet escaping, why did he transform into robot mode and not stay in car mode and keep driving and try to reach some of the Autobots? And Galvatron looks like Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #199
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

It was a tough scene to watch for sure. Tf5 is green lit, but the story is certainly up in the air. I would hope the quints are the creators, but with bay verse, who the f knows?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #200
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Seeing what happened to Ratchet made me really glad I didn't get to see what happened to Sideswipe and Mirage. If I saw all 3 of them get slaughtered in the same movie, I might not be able to handle it.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote