Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #11
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus
Re: Cyberverse Toys - Thoughts?

I really did not enjoy collecting RID2015. The show had so many original Decepticons but very few got made. And the only class worth getting was Warrior. I have a feeling Cyberverse will be more of the same so I am passing on it.

I am not 100% on my decision and hope I don't regret it for two reasons. Although the animation looks kiddie, the clip shown looks like it had very mature writing. The second reason is that lines always evolve and get better as they run their course. I know Cyberverse is slated for two seasons and a theatrical release movie, what does that mean for the line long term???

So, I am passing because currently the line is too RID2015 for me and I haven't seen the show yet.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #12
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

All of this stuff is an easy pass for me. Just not in my tastes.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #13
BlackZarak
Robot in Disguise
BlackZarak's Ebay Auctions

They definitely are not my cup of tea and clearly geared toward little kids. Whether we like it or not, most young kids (and parents) like easy transformations. I'm sure they'll sell fairly well. RID appeared to sell rather well also, at least in my area. For adult collectors, there's always the Generations and Masterpiece lines. Quite frankly, I'm glad I don't like this line so I can save some money. I'll give the cartoon a shot, since the premise is vaguely interesting.
BlackZarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #14
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

My only opinion is that Shockwave looks nice in his box, that's all.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #15
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
My only opinion is that Shockwave looks nice in his box, that's all.
He is nice outside the box too. The alt mode sucks but thats the same for all Shockwave toys. Its not better or worse than the prime voyager we had. I bought him and he fits fine in a Transformers Nu RID collection.

Will be skipping the rest aside from the Ultra Shockwave toy which looks even better.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:51 PM   #16
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

The only figures I'll pick up are Windblade, Shadow Striker, and Slipstream, since they'll be checklist items in my fembot collection. Beyond that I haven't seen anything from this line that really impressed me.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #17
Crobot91
Metroplex

My son's birthday arrived a few weeks ago; he just turned five. Between my dad, my brother, and I, Luka ended up getting CW Leader Megatron, CW Leader Starscream, CW Leader Skywarp, CW Leader Thundercracker, and TR Leader Soundwave (with Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble, and Buzzsaw).

Suffice to say, he was thrilled since he got all the first season G1 Decepticon figures. No chance in hell was he interested in that Cyberverse crap when I showed it to him on the internet, lol.

He ended up giving me his NuRID Starscream, Skywarp, and Soundwave figures since he had no use for these lame excuses for G1 characters. Time to put them on my B/S/T thread and kijiji.

He's got standards to maintain like me.

Last edited by Crobot91; 07-23-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Crobot91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #18
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Armada, Energon and Cybertron toys were all that too...
Man oh man. Remembering the plastic abominations you could make ‘combining’ the Energon figures... Ah, good times.

Does make you appreciate the effort that went into some of those figures though. Gimmicks were still crap, but some of the figures in those lines themselves were nice. Even great.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #19
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Man oh man. Remembering the plastic abominations you could make ‘combining’ the Energon figures... Ah, good times.

Does make you appreciate the effort that went into some of those figures though. Gimmicks were still crap, but some of the figures in those lines themselves were nice. Even great.
One positive that came from those figures was their durability. You could drop them and ram them against kitchen tables and doors, no chance they would break due to the high-quality plastic used back them. No hollow parts.

But, yeah, the designs were pretty lame, lol...

Except for Energon Megatron/Galvatron; now that's a beast of a toy.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:38 PM   #20
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Opened Cyberverse Warrior Shockwave... his laser arm popped off at the shoulder milliseconds after opening it. It looks warped somehow so while I can get it placed in the socket, it is loose. No major pins anywhere except his knees (unless I missed any?).

It feels like an upsized Legion/Legend size toy with an action feature. He has 2 pink lasers that pop-up in robot mode but the gimmick hides one in alt mode.

I paid $11.66 plus tax after a TRU coupon. I'm not sure if it is even worth that...
chaingunsofdoom is online now   Reply With Quote