Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-19-2007, 09:38 PM   #11
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise
Re: Don't you hate it when......

I myself am not a HUGE fan (Never read any of the Marvel COmics stuff or own any of the original G1s ar G2s and Japanese-only releases) But i do consider myself a larger fan than most of the fanbase, having good knowledge of the Transformers lore. I was also oen of the few that ahd high hopes the movie will succeed, despite many people's protests.

THough i admit, i would love to test someone who proclaims they are a huge fan with obscure trivia (like what series was the Jetfire mold from, and what was his name on the original show, or how many episodes was season 4)
and have a small but hearty chuckle at their expence
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #12
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Ok I gotta take a shot at the trivia challenge. Robotech, Skyfire and 3. Correct me if I'm wrong. Geez we should have a trivia thread. I think Nyghtwynd is onto something here....
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #13
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
really? so what is your truck??
1991 GMC Syclone

And those are, relatively, easy trivia questions. I was thinking Macross instead of Robotech though for Jetfire.

There are much harder ones that I've read here or there on some of the other TF boards that I have no hope in he** of knowing and I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable TF fan.

Last edited by Ozrein; 07-19-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #14
devilsknight
Banned

i've had the same thing while hunting for movie transformers, few guys walk up look at the toys telling eachother their life stories (of course no knowledge of anything outside the movie) then look at a Classics Optimus Prime...and say WTF is that that's not optimus prime...since when did he ever look like that

i reply since the 1980's boys...THAT's optimus prime, this movie guy is nothing like the original...they were like really there was Transformers back then...i looked at another guy bout my age rolled our eyes and encouraged them to visit TFW2005 and wikipedia
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #15
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
1991 GMC Syclone

And those are, relatively, easy trivia questions. I was thinking Macross instead of Robotech though for Jetfire.

There are much harder ones that I've read here or there on some of the other TF boards that I have no hope in he** of knowing and I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable TF fan.
And Macross is indeed right! Though I bet a wannabe fan wouldn't know lol
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #16
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Ok I gotta take a shot at the trivia challenge. Robotech, Skyfire and 3. Correct me if I'm wrong. Geez we should have a trivia thread. I think Nyghtwynd is onto something here....
Well, if i wanna be really anal about it, Macross, but Robotech was the American 3-unrelated-shows-in-1 masterpeice.

And yea, Skyfire and 3 epsiodes.

A Trivia thread would be cool lol
Old 07-19-2007, 11:45 PM   #17
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

And I thought Macross was somehow associated with Robotech, shows what I know. Thanks for the heads up.

You just beat me to the post, Nyghtwynd. I thought they were connected but your still right. Macross was the original.

Last edited by Robimus; 07-19-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: new info
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:55 PM   #18
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
1991 GMC Syclone .
You have a Syslone in Canada? dude, we have to hook up, that is one of the best truck to pimp up. did you mod it? did you put in a V8? please tell me you put in a GM V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
It does not matter what you do in life there will always be the band wagoners. It kills me some of the people who come in the store with the stupidest questions.

'Do you have Optimus Prime? The one that was ALL metal?'
This is a reissue of the original Optimus Prime here *points to Optimus in display case
'No, not that one. I want the one that was THIS big!' - holds hands out about shoulder length apart.

oy.

Spencer.
Spencer, i feel for you man. On top of that, you HAVE TO be nice to those people to sell them things. having to be nice all the time and answer stupid question when the answer is right infront of them. i'm in the same boat, i'm working in the service industry myself.

remember the time at TFCon when some guy asked you "why are these prime black?"

Last edited by chisau; 07-20-2007 at 12:01 AM.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:38 AM   #19
oldskooler

I was in TRU last week looking for Soundwave, and there was this guy there and we got talking, he told me he was a huge transformer fan and was just out looking to see what was in. I told him I was looking for Soundwave and he told me "oh that's an old one they don't sell that anymore" I went on to tell him it was a re-release and he was like oh I didn't know they were doing that. So much for being a huge fan!
oldskooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 AM   #20
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
You have a Syslone in Canada? dude, we have to hook up, that is one of the best truck to pimp up. did you mod it? did you put in a V8? please tell me you put in a GM V8.
Dude? Are you serious?
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote