Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Perceptor
Alternator
PowerCore Combiners mix and match

I know many folks here do not like the PCCs one bit. But for those of us who have grown somewhat fond of these figures over time, what do you think about Hasbro's scheme to keep relaunching repainted "commanders" with different repainted limbs mixed-and-matched from other previous 5pks?

I find the whole "using the same arms and legs from other commander packs in different colours and different factions" rather distasteful (maybe that's a strong word). Anyhow it's disappointing. I guess it's obviously all about making as much money out of the same mold as possible.

Now I wonder how the PCC dinobots could be mix-and-matched and repainted for a future 5pk??
Old 11-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: PowerCore Combiners mix and match

As a non-fan of the PCC 5 packs, a direct repaint with mix-n-match limbs flat out blows. I'd rather see a 4 or an 8 pack of different limbs without the "commander" so to speak than what Hasbro is doing. I mean, I dislike the 5packs but a few of the actual 2 pack figures arent bad.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
astrana
Nexus Maximus

mud slinger limbs looks better with smolder
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

It's a mixed bag so to speak. Some commanders look good as bots and suck as torsos. Some commanders look good as torsos but suck as bots. Some limbs are decent, others just suck. Example. Skyburst, so-so bot mode but a pretty good torso because you can pull his legs down and slim down the combined form's waist. Ledfoot, good bot mode, but torso mode not so good. It like many others have the big, child bearing hips that just don't appeal to me.

I bought the combaticons and arielbots. I won't be bying anymore five packs. The limbs are disappointing to say the least. I just want a regular arm with an elbow and hand. I'm trying to figure away to make custom limbs right now.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

Right now I have Huffer with his minicon attached witht the Rallybots and it don't look too bad.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
Jubei
Floor Cleaner at Iacon

Personally I think the only way this line would really excel is if you got autobots and deceptacons that never had combiner treatment using the drones like Optimus did in Cybertron. For example, Ratchet or Wheeljack using the protectorbot drones or Starscream using the combaticon drones. You need way more famous commander units to make the drones worthwhile. And give the drones special stats and such so that it might be worth it to mix them up.

Feedback at: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ighlight=jubei
Jubei is offline   Reply With Quote