Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #21
Jubei
Floor Cleaner at Iacon
Re: Canada Post - RANT! Thieves!?

Having worked with Canada post I can tell you guys the exact system for them and what you should do for shipping.

NEVER EVER, USE ENVELOPES OF ANY SIZE IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE CONTENTS. Standards envelopes get sent through heavy machines and larger ones get folded when sorted by letter carriers. And I mean that, I've seen what it looks like in depos on the final stop before your house and everything is sorted by house number into a small letter size slot, or folded to fit said slot. Padded envelopes aren't too bad but it depends on your letter carrier. Pad the shit out of your stuff if you go cheap.

The slightly thicker parcel, the better. A nice two inch width carries you a long way because it's counted as over sized and is handled separately. Also if you get a huge extra sticker that says "fragile" or "do not bend" they tend to pay attention to it. I'm serious, it's stupid how that works.

Feedback at: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ighlight=jubei

Last edited by Jubei; 10-29-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Jubei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #22
Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubei View Post
Having worked with Canada post I can tell you guys the exact system for them and what you should do for shipping.

NEVER EVER, USE ENVELOPES OF ANY SIZE IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE CONTENTS. Standards envelopes get sent through heavy machines and larger ones get folded when sorted by letter carriers. And I mean that, I've seen what it looks like in depos on the final stop before your house and everything is sorted by house number into a small letter size slot, or folded to fit said slot. Padded envelopes aren't too bad but it depends on your letter carrier. Pad the shit out of your stuff if you go cheap.

The slightly thicker parcel, the better. A nice two inch width carries you a long way because it's counted as over sized and is handled separately. Also if you get a huge extra sticker that says "fragile" or "do not bend" they tend to pay attention to it. I'm serious, it's stupid how that works.
Thanks for the advice.

Like others have said, I always ship with tracking and insurance, it will save everyone a headache in the end.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #23
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaking4Ever View Post
Not sure if you guys remember this, but years ago there was an online store called Link2cooltoys.com, it was the guy Sheraz at Kool Toys bought out I think.

Anyway, I used to order in bulk from him for all the local people in my area so we'd save on shipping and also get a bit of a discount.

One day I come home and on my front doorstep is a box from Link2Cooltoys. This was a big box with over 1000 dollars in Takara Masterpiece Optimus Prime's in it, just sitting where anyone could have taken it and walked off.

Needless to say I wasn't very happy about it and when I confronted the post office about it they got quite a strip torn off them.

They should never leave a package where anyone can take it, regardless of how safe they feel it is to leave it there.
sometimes they assumed there is no body home and they put those item in the 7-11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Thanks for the advice.
Like others have said, I always ship with tracking and insurance, it will save everyone a headache in the end.
the thing is whether the little piece worth for paying extra for tracking and should we trust the north america #1 high shipping price of Canada post...
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote