Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
skrilla 88
Jackass!
Cool The Wrasslin' Club!!!

Greetings all wrestling enthusiasts! Wrestlemania XXX just finished and I would love to hear anyone's thought on it or wrestling in general. I have made a group in the community section of the site so we can talk wrestling. Whether it's olympic wrestling, backyard wrestling, nude oil wresling, professional wrestling or wrestling to stay awake, we can talk about them all.

The Wrasslin' Club!!!
skrilla 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 AM   #2
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Wrasslin' Club!!!

Should there be a spoiler section for those who haven't watched Wrestlemania??? Here's anyone's warning who hasn't saw it.

Some shockers in it that's for sure, (next bit blacked out for spoiler sensitive eyes look away for your safety this your final warning):THE STREAK IS OVER??? TO BROCK LESNAR??? Kind of glad the streak is no longer going to hang over Wrestlemania but IMO it should have ended two years ago at 20 and 0 or last year to CM Punk at 20 and 1, not to Brock Lesnar a missed opportunity there and the quality of the match really paled in comparison to other 'taker mania matches. I would have even accepted baby face Rocky Maivia to end the streak, not Brock though someone with more of an accomplished high profile. I can see why Punk chose to quit and leave, the politics are silly sometimes and taint what could be really enjoyable entertainment.

Did anyone see Orton land on the monitor when they broke the table with the RKO Bomb? Oops someone forgot to take a monitor out of the way on that one. That could not have felt good! Batista, sorry to say it man you're not main event material anymore or you need to go back to the training centre and brush up a bit and hit the gym for those flabby pecs. I hope you do better in the movies. What's his role in the Guardians movie? Because I think that window will close soon too, I'd have taken Hogan at 60 over Batista at 45 for this one, Hogan IMO looks to be in better shape physically than Batista.

Cena wins again? Yawn! If he's not ever going to be a heel again then at least put him through some adversity or kick him to the curb. I know his toy and shirt sales have got to be the best thing going for him and WWE right now but he or WWE needs to do something different with him, anything would be nice and Bray Wyatt and his creepy story line I think could have been a good tonic if it was played out a little longer. Give him his own show on WWE network for the t shirt and toy sales.

Not the greatest matches I've ever seen but some shocking moments none the less. Any word on when the WWE network will be available in Canada?
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:43 AM   #3
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I loved watching professional wrestling of the 80s and early 90s. I still watch them with my daughter. She loves King Kong Bundy lol. When I was a kid, WWF was on every kid's mind in the playground. Man we used to put full Nelson's on each other. Boston crab, figure 4, and camel clutch. Man we got hurt sometimes lol. Hell I even collected every possible wrestling card I could get my hands on. Have them on my desk in binders. Ah the memories.

Have they announced the Hall of Fame inductees for this year yet? Sorry I never watch today's wrestling so I'm a bit out of the loop, it's just not to my liking. But I do enjoy seeing the HoF ceremony and remembering the good ol days of rasslin'.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:23 AM   #4
Outtsyder
Another 1 Bites The Dust
Cool Re: The Wrasslin' Club!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Have they announced the Hall of Fame inductees for this year yet? Sorry I never watch today's wrestling so I'm a bit out of the loop, it's just not to my liking. But I do enjoy seeing the HoF ceremony and remembering the good ol days of rasslin'.
I haven't watched wrestling in about 15 years, though I still have a lot of memories from the mid-'80s to the late-'90s. As for this year's Hall Of fame inductees, they are:

Razor Ramon (Scott Hall)
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Lita
Carlos Colon
Paul Bearer
Mr. T
and.... The UUUUUUULLLLTIMATE! WARRIOR!

Creative arts page: Scorpion's Heart Overnight Creations
https://www.facebook.com/ScorpionsHeart.SHOC/

Written works on Archive Of Our Own - ScorpionsHeart
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sc...ScorpionsHeart

Feedback thread: https://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=33913

"Study the great, and become greater."
- Michael Jackson
"Who are we, if not measured by our impact on others?"
- Carl Sagan
Outtsyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 AM   #5
King Benny
Generation 1

The WWE Network will not be available in Canada until the end of this year/early next year. But there are services out there to get around this (unblock-us.com).

Ok on to the show... spoilers [blacking out]:

The best match of the night for me was HHH vs. Daniel Bryan. I'm not a big 'Yes' movement guy but this was a great WRESTLING match.

The Shield against the New Age Outlaws/Kane was short and forgettable. But the Shield won so that made me happy. Really like all 3 members of the shield - the future is bright with these guys.

CESARO had received a big push tonight by participating in am entertaining fatal 4 way tag match (that the Uso's won) which resulted in him separating from the Real Americans. But the big push came from winning the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal in impressive fashion by BODY SLAMMING the Big Show with EASE over the top rope. WOW. This guy. Fans love him with good reason. This guy will be a world champ in the future.

Undertaker and Lesnar was a real disappointment match wise. Undertaker really showing his age in this match... he just can't do it anymore. The big shocker of course was Undertaker losing! Stunned crowd. I was stunned. I almost thought it was a screw job (aka Hart/HBK).. it was unbelievable. I didn't want Taker to lose the streak... especially not to a part time wrestler. But I gotta say... the WWE shocked all of us and that's not a bad thing.

Divas match. Meh... as expected. The Divas division is just so terrible... makes me sad to see it in the state that it is. Used to be so good back in the Trish/Lita days...

Superhero Cena wins again... sigh. I hate Cena... never lies down for anyone. Wyatt needs the win more than Cena does. The match was alright.

I enjoyed the main event with Orton, Batista, and Daniel Bryan. Good pacing and the HHH/Steph/Ref interference was well played. The powerbomb/RKO combo on the announce table was cool. Great to see Daniel Bryan win... making Batista tap. Great stuff.

Can't wait for RAW tomorrow!

Overall... pretty good Wrestlemania.

The WWE Network coverage of Wrestlemania and all the pre-shows during the weekend were great. Really made the whole event special. I am very impressed with what they did.

I watched the Hall of Fame and man, that was so freakin' long... like over 4 hours. Lita's speech was so long and dull but at least she talked about wrestling. Mr T talked on and on and on about his mom. He really loves his mom. It got to the point where Kane had to come out and tell him time was up. lol Didn't see that coming! The speech of the night belonged to Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. Emotional, brutally honest and straight from the heart. If you haven't heard it... you should. Amazing. Razor Ramon's speech was short but great. Ultimate Warrior... now that guy is something else... his speech went on and on too... he had a lot of stuff he needed to get off his chest and it was cool the WWE let him say his piece.
King Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Without going into details, that was the best Wrestlemania in years. Top-to-bottom quality, well-paced, VERY little filler (no 20 minute Kid Rock concerts or stupid 15 minute rap concert intros). The over-arching story was great. I'd honestly give three of the four proper matches four stars, and Brock/Taker three (it was pretty slow but, well, other stuff). Shield match was quick but hot DAMN did they go balls out with cool shit. The Battle Royale turned into a lot of fun with a holy shit finish. Divas match was a divas bathroom break match but finisher trainwreck~! HHH's best match in years, no overblown 'epic drama' but a good, quality wrestling match with tons of drama. Cena way out of his comfort zone and doing something different, great showcase for Wyatt, and a beautiful clusterfuck of a main event with the best ending since, well, Wrestlemania XX (which is forever ruined by tragedy).

The past year has really challenged my love for WWE wrestling with how shitty the booking has been, but how good stuff like the Shield and Wyatts have been. The booking of Bryan has been bashing-head-against-wall awful post-Summerslam. Batista returning to win the Rumble was a bad joke. In recent years it has just felt like a regular PPV with more fluff; even worse, most of the time the Mania matches are shorter and less good than the rematches the following month.

By contrast, Wrestlemania XXX was momentous, memorable, and historical. Wrestlemania "moments" all over the place. Great wrestling. And a "where were you?" moment that will live forever.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
BluMetalMonkey
Generation 1

I've been slowly moving away from WWE for the last few months. The poor booking and handling of Daniel Bryan's storyline, the mishandling of CM Punk over the last few years, what happened with The Undertaker at WM30(yes I get it, it was Taker's decision but still a poor one) and just plain all around lazy management(Vince, Stephanie, Paul Levesque/HHH) has begun to turn me off of the 'product'. Any time I get some kind of hope for a return to the good stuff of hard working, talented, non-steroidal wrestlers, they shove another muscle-bound mutant into the main spot who can't work at all. I see so much talent and upside to the young hungry talent they have now but management botches it more than Sin Cara :P

Only upside has been Jake The Snake and Scott Hall getting into the Hall of Fame, finally.
BluMetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMetalMonkey View Post
I've been slowly moving away from WWE for the last few months. The poor booking and handling of Daniel Bryan's storyline, the mishandling of CM Punk over the last few years, what happened with The Undertaker at WM30(yes I get it, it was Taker's decision but still a poor one) and just plain all around lazy management(Vince, Stephanie, Paul Levesque/HHH) has begun to turn me off of the 'product'. Any time I get some kind of hope for a return to the good stuff of hard working, talented, non-steroidal wrestlers, they shove another muscle-bound mutant into the main spot who can't work at all. I see so much talent and upside to the young hungry talent they have now but management botches it more than Sin Cara :P

Only upside has been Jake The Snake and Scott Hall getting into the Hall of Fame, finally.
I know how you feel. I quit and came back several times over the horrible booking of Bryan over the fall. The rumble bullshit.

I have to say though that last night was magic. Bryan's story was perfect, wrestling as art and high drama at its finest. Even being able to get the crowd BACK so powerfully after Taker's loss gutted them.

I was stunned by Taker's loss. I was fine with the streak never being broken. Brock is a strange choice. Reflecting, I don't know if an 'up and comer' would have worked at this point. I consider that say a Reigns would have felt like such bullshit after HHH, HBK, edge, punk, Lesnar couldn't.

I also think the utter shock of it works in its favor. Nobody was emotionally prepared they way they may have been if HBK or HHH had ended it. Still a monster gut punch.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Mania 30 felt like a major changing of the guard. The stars of the show were Daniel Bryan (wrestling fifty minutes and going over HHH and Batista/Orton CLEAN, gutsy, looking like an equal and not a fluke), the Shield, Cesaro, and Bray Wyatt. Cena won, but had to dig deep. Taker lost. If that isn't a changing of the guard I don't know what is.

They have me back, at any rate. Bryan winning and celebrating felt like utter vindication of... Everything. For me, at any rate. And a good image to replace the forever shadowed image of Benoit/eddy that closed out mania xx.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I've got to agree that Taker's loss was disappointing. If anything, the streak should have ended at WM31 with Daniel Brian defending the title.
Speaking of Daniel Brian, I am so happy to see him finally win the big one cleanly. He is the champion the WWE needs

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #10
BluMetalMonkey
Generation 1

As happy as I am about Bryan, I'm still drifting away from the WWE overall. I would love to see Triple H and Stephanie stay in the back for a few months and not even be seen on tv. Let the boys carry the show without the constant rehash of Triple H running/ruining things. Vince and H have this idea that 'little' guys like Bryan can't win against muscleheads like Batista. Guess he never saw Bruce Lee =P

I was stunned too by the Taker losing. It should not have ended with Lesner. He's a part timer that doesn't have full respect for the business. That's a reason why I lost some respect for Taker's choice. Punk would have been a better choice or Bray Wyatt. Kane even would have been better as Kane is seguing into semi-retirement. Brock just seems to be there for the money and seems to drop the threat of going back to the UFC every time his contract comes up. All I can hope for is that it leads to a new streak. Would have loved to have seen Undertaker riding into the sunset after beating Sting and undefeated, with all the King's horses and all the King's men bowing on one knee in respect.

I agree that Cesaro is someone to watch. The few matches of his I have seen ROH and now in WWE have been solid and his ability is top notch. The Shield need to stay together. They are the only team I have seen in ages that can equal or surpass the Road Warriors and Freebirds in outright dominance. But Vince will rush breaking them up. Wyatt and his crew remind me of Raven. Hopefully Vince/HHH won't mess them up.
BluMetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote