Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-12-2015, 03:04 AM   #31
CAF
Banned
Re: Dumb question: MP Ironhide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Hasui recently stated he's really interested in designing an MP Ironhide and v2 Megatron. Whether that means Takara will do it is another thing. Not in 2015 at least. But yah, I bet it will happen. Lots of potential for repaints.
I kinda wish he did. This just isn't working. The more I look at these designs, the more I feel like they will need to do a redo in the next few years.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #32
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Unhappy Re: Dumb question: MP Ironhide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I kinda wish he did. This just isn't working. The more I look at these designs, the more I feel like they will need to do a redo in the next few years.
I agree, it's so bad that I don't even want to buy MP27 and MP30. I might just wait for KO version.
Usually I pre-order as soon as MP is announced.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #33
CAF
Banned

Masterpiece MUST hire back the dude who had it right. They cannot beat third party competition by releases alone and riding on their good name that was made possible by the good designer. If he wants more money, he earned it. Pay the man. I would gladly pay a few bucks more for MP transformers that don't resemble their initial early designs.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:57 PM   #34
elburrito
Animated

I agree that Shogo Hasui (the dude who did it right) was probably the Wayne Gretzky of transforming toy design. That said, Mr. Kobayashi (MP22, MP11 among others) is no slouch. Ironhide is not like sideswipe or prowl or wheel jack or even bumblebee, but he is still better than anything else out there that resembles Ironhide IMO. Maybe we, as collectors, need to adjust our standards? I don't know, but I've heard that Hasui still works for Takara, but is in a different section now. Maybe we should petition?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:08 PM   #35
nervousviper
Generation 1

I don't understand the hate on MP Ironhide mold. Yes, maybe the designer can do better, but remember, Takara is going for toon accuracy in bot mode and real vehicle form in alt mode. Somewhere along the design one part will be compromised to get the best of both mode. Just my two cents.
nervousviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:30 PM   #36
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Why has no one considered the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine as a repaint?!?
Omg. I want this.

Off topic, at TRU, I see the Scooby doo stuff in the kids section and I'm thinking to myself, why don't they put this in the electronics r zone hahahaha.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:19 PM   #37
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

well your other choices are ugly gross one toe nail looking window feet by Voodo and boxy overly huge shoulders from TFC so in my opinion theses companies are not even close to screen accuracy it is not funny they don't deserve to be on the same shelf as MP. In my honest opinion and I have owned most of the 3rd party MP style transformers and other than MT, FT and now MMC with Sphinx all other companies are not even close to MP style they are just trying to get your hard earned monies before TT does and it works.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #38
Rev
Addict

I am not in love with all the choices made on this design, but considering how much other iterations have struggled to get it right I would bet that the cartoon model is really hard to get to from a realistic vehicle mode. Just look at the G1 toy. Yikes!
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #39
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Looking at this list, I prefer Hasui's work to Kobayashi's. We need to remember that Kobayashi launched the whole series though; that was 12 years ago. Many figures from 12 years ago look outdated now and it's normal. I still hope Takara would have kept Hasui as head designer for this series.
Just my opinion.
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #40
CAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I am not in love with all the choices made on this design, but considering how much other iterations have struggled to get it right I would bet that the cartoon model is really hard to get to from a realistic vehicle mode. Just look at the G1 toy. Yikes!
Transformers is an adaptation. A cartoon based on the Diaclone toys. The toys existed before the cartoon.

I care about cartoon bot accuracy. I could care less if the van looks right. I hate those vans lol.

I think the majority of collectors care about bot mode. Therefore the concessions need to be on the alt mode imo.