Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #11
nervousviper
Generation 1
Re: Video review of MP-25 Tracks!

I don't really mind about the backpack, unless you display them facing backward. I'm not an expert on this but, one thing we need to understand that in order to get the best of both mode one part needs to be compromised.
nervousviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:22 PM   #12
CAF
Banned

I would counter with- To get the best of both modes, one cannot simply say "Good enough, start production."

Compromise isn't the best of anything. it is defined as- to accept standards that are lower than is desirable.

But I see what you're saying. I just feel like because of their track record, they have the capacity to do a lot better.

Like an A student doing the last 2 years with a C average.

Like Iron Maiden putting out Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son, then doing X-Factor. (Once Bruce came back their prior awesomeness was restored) MP probably knows this.

Last edited by CAF; 10-12-2015 at 04:31 PM.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #13
nervousviper
Generation 1

That's true, TT or the designer can do a lot better. But when you're working on a budget there's only so much you can do.
nervousviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #14
insane666
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
No one needs to hear what you think of a particular product, a brand, or a company.
That's what the internet is for! KO all the way!!
insane666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:02 PM   #15
CAF
Banned

The look in bot mode is really good from the front. And I actually like the backback. It's just REALLY weird that he's a big open air hollow shell of a robot. This isn't worth the 110 bucks they want for it. It's a 40 dollar unfinished toy.

It's like a pizza place getting an order for pizza, taking the payment, cooking it and then instead of delivering it, just throwing it out the shops door and saying there, good enough.

It was almost extremely awesome. Almost.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #16
CAF
Banned

lol at least now when ol hollow arms Ironhide puts hollowtracks in a headlock their yelling will be heard again and again in the echo of their great halls of empty cavernous space haha

Old 10-12-2015, 07:28 PM   #17
CAF
Banned

Quote:
No one needs to hear what you think of a particular product, a brand, or a company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane666 View Post
That's what the internet is for! KO all the way!!
I think what it really is, is that he's already invested in it and can't handle the idea that other people are willing to see past the glamorous frontal shots and be more scrutinizing than his comfort level will allow for.

Or he works for TT

Or he doesn't realize we're talking about pieces of plastic. I mean it's not religion or politics. It's friggin toys lol. Toys.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #18
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
If you don't like my opinion, don't read it. No one needs to hear what you think of a particular opinion, a person or such.

But do tell us when you get fired from Takara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
Quote:

I think what it really is, is that he's already invested in it and can't handle the idea that other people are willing to see past the glamorous frontal shots and be more scrutinizing than his comfort level will allow for.

Or he works for TT

Or he doesn't realize we're talking about pieces of plastic. I mean it's not religion or politics. It's friggin toys lol. Toys.
I think what really is, is that you have been expressing your personal opinions over something you have no personal experience with. But you made snap judgement. You are of course entirely entitled to your opinions and whatever dissatisfaction you have.

I don't work for Takara Tomy or Hasbro. I have no personal or financial investment in either company. You've made false assumptions on me without proof, and you have been attacking many people here who have otherwise expressed opinions that are contrary to yours. I am sure many here have read what you've wrote on this board. I will let them be the jury.

I do realise it is a toy. And for that I will take it for what it is. I am not a toy designer and I can't do better. So I won't criticize something I personally can't do better, not without constructive feedback.

But then again you are free to say whatever you like. You are not living in Fascist or Communist state.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #19
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

That was painful to watch.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #20
CAF
Banned

Quote:
I think what really is, is that you have been expressing your personal opinions over something you have no personal experience with. But you made snap judgement. You are of course entirely entitled to your opinions and whatever dissatisfaction you have.

I don't work for Takara Tomy or Hasbro. I have no personal or financial investment in either company. You've made false assumptions on me without proof, and you have been attacking many people here who have otherwise expressed opinions that are contrary to yours. I am sure many here have read what you've wrote on this board. I will let them be the jury.

I do realise it is a toy. And for that I will take it for what it is. I am not a toy designer and I can't do better. So I won't criticize something I personally can't do better, not without constructive feedback.

But then again you are free to say whatever you like. You are not living in Fascist or Communist state.
My level of experience has absolutely no bearing on being able to express a viewpoint on the quality of a product I am in the market for.

I don't care where you work, the point was that the way you hold such bias is that of someone who's got a vested interest.

I haven't attacked any person here. I have expressed opinions about toys, which is what the site is about is it not?

I have addressed the people who have attacked my character when they disagreed with my opinions about toys. lol let me say it again.... TOYS......

I'm not a toy designer either, I'm a consumer, so I'm gonna criticize the fuck out of them. Whatever the hell I want to say about them.

It's funny though how you seem to be dictating what I can or cannot say, then resort to talking about Canada like I'm not fully aware of what the Charter of Rights and Freedoms is all about.

How does this sound- keep it about the toys. If you disagree with someones opinion about them, that's good. Engage in a healthy debate about why you disagree, but ad hominem attacks are ridiculously childish.

Keep it about the toys and quit sniveling when someone offers a different opinion.

Last edited by Dark Rage; 10-13-2015 at 12:17 AM.