Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-22-2019, 10:10 PM   #1
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Walmart is on crack

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000195422574

This thing needs to be liquidated ASAP. I could see the pricepoint if it were sold by the shady 3rd party CMDStore but it's sold by Walmart itself. It's what 3-4 years old now. Come on Walmart. Get rid of this crap already so new stuff can come in.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Walmart is on crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post

This thing needs to be liquidated ASAP. I could see the pricepoint if it were sold by the shady 3rd party CMDStore but it's sold by Walmart itself. It's what 3-4 years old now. Come on Walmart. Get rid of this crap already so new stuff can come in.
Are you angry that they still have it or because of the price?

It might be 3 years old, but if they have stock and it's still selling... heck, there's a few that I'd really love if they'd still have such overstock that they'd still sell at an actual reasonable price such as Metroplex for example as I missed it when it was out and now it's rare to find at less than double/triple the price.

To be honest, I JUST bought a set of KO Aerialbots/Superion a few weeks ago simply because I missed getting him at the time, and came across a great deal which cost me around 50$ for the set, and are as good if not better than the official Hasbro ones. So in relation to your post, should Walmart had made him in a liquidation price that would have been closer to what I paid for the KO, as I would agree that it's a bit much for such an older set/figure, I would have gone with that one instead.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:19 PM   #3
Xtreme987
Metroplex

The price is absurd for a 4 year old set.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:27 PM   #4
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
The price is absurd for a 4 year old set.
Did you bother checking eBay prices? about 190$ to close to 250$ (and shipping can bump another 30-50$ to the price)

So technically, it's a bargain if you're looking for a set.

Heck, at a Comicon last year, I saw it for 150$.

Walmart.ca did have it for 99$ at one point and I almost pushed the button, but missed that lowered price and it went back up...

I understand your point, but I'm just being factual here.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:18 AM   #5
alternatorfan
g1 baby

What's the big deal
Buy or dont buy
Silly complaints.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:40 AM   #6
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I'm starting to wonder about Walmart Canada and it's practices. Don't even get he started on the whole Walmart vs. Walmart.ca debacle. YOU'RE THE SAME COMPANY, DON'T BS ME THAT YOU ARE SEPARATE AND CAN'T PRICE MATCH!!!

I find that their aggressive pricing policies seem to have gone by the wayside. They recently posted about items they will no longer price match. Their food prices are no longer any different than competitors, worse in some cases. (Not talking about sale prices, just regular prices. Remember when they said they wanted to be the lowest price in the market, even if only by pennies?)

As to the Superion. It seems to be the same thing TRU has been notorious for in the past, and still to some degree. The whole keep things on the shelves, or in stock on the site, at full price years after it's release. TRU could argue it wanted to keep shelves looking full (sure), but a website where everything is sitting in a warehouse taking up space that could be used for new stock? I don't get the business logic of keeping old stock when you could add more new stock that is selling.

And to those of you mentioning how you can get items on the secondary market. Is that how you want large corporations to work out their pricing now? Sorry customers, but eBay seller JimmieJoe234 has it for $xxxx so we will charge you similar.

I agree that if you don't like the price, don't buy. Money talks and BS walks, but let's not be too complacent about the business practices of large corporations. They are always looking for ways to improve the bottom line, even at the expense of customers. That's why government has to enact laws to protect consumers.

Anyway, sorry end of rant lol.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:33 AM   #7
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Well when a company done't have any competition this is what happens.

Does any one recall how aggressive the prices were at Walmart and Toy R Us when Target came to Canada? And how that aggressive pricing ended when Target left?

The only place that they have to complete with now is Amazon and Amazon is just about as bad for pricing since they don;t have any competition either.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:38 AM   #8
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
What's the big deal
Buy or dont buy
Silly complaints.
True & I already own Superion however this set should've already be sold out @ Winners/Marshalls for at least 30% off.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:34 AM   #9
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Picked this up at the 80s Toy Con, saw the box on a guy's shelf and asked about it
He said it was used, opened it up to show (tape unsealed, zip ties all removed, etc)

Asked him how much he wanted for it, said fifty bucks
I said SOLD

Examined it at home, no issues outside of the standard CW Aerialbot stuff (Firefly/Quickslinger mold has very loose elbows, Powerglide's legs don't tab together like at all, etc)

All in all it's probably my favourite value for the money purchase from that con, the paint is gorgeous
Been keeping QS & Air Raid out just in bot modes because they look nice, Skydive looks great too
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #10
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:

This isnt stopping anything from coming in. We have had 3 years worth of toys since.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote