Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Shootings at the Parliament buildings.

It goes without saying, but what a terrible thing to happen to our Country. Given the amount of shots fired, it’s amazing that more people were not killed or injured.

I'm assuming that this was group of deranged "voters" that were fed up with the Government, but of course everyone thinks ISIS. Kiss some more freedoms goodbye though.

Either way, RIP to the solider who lost their life.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Batman
The Dark Knight
Re: Shootings at the Parliament buildings.

Extremely scary day today. I work maybe 2 minutes away from where this all happened. Fortunately I was off today but a lot of my coworkers were on lock down for most of the day along with the rest of the downtown area.

The soldier died at the hospital my wife and I were at for our baby's 33 week ultrasound today. It all hit very close to home. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Shootings at the Parliament buildings.

Considering Harper has already gone on record via the news media that we will increase efforts against global terrorism how are we not to assume it was ISIS?

There's already been one attack this week from those who would seek to undermine Western Civilisation due to radical beliefs and other practices.

It is extremely unsettling and upsetting that our modern world is so ready to shed the light on anything that might be a terrorist based threat, being hooked in and jacked on 24/7 has allowed us all to become more readily aware of potential dangers.

I for one do not enjoy the thought that some nameless person across the sea continues to hate us simply because of their beliefs. And that this hatred would force them into actions that many have condoned as inhuman as the world slowly grows and matures into a more tolerant place.

Many religions have changed as time progressed, adapted, abolished things. However there are still those few who refuse to mature, refuse to learn and continue to breed fanaticism to the point where lives are lost constantly simply because they do not follow the same beliefs as you and so are considered lesser beings.

I am downright sick of it, there's little I can do personally against such radicalists however I'm damn sure that if our media sources weren't so easily accessed they wouldn't get nearly as much damn attention as they do, or sensationalised the extent of perpetuating the very thing they hope to achieve. Recognition, adulation, and fear mongering of the highest order.

The technological revolution has been a great boon for most of society, unfortunately it has also been made all the more easier for radical factions across the globe to organize and spread their messages to others of similar mindsets, making it possible to cause even more panic and fear and death than it was possible to do in the past.

Considering the way our global presence is expanding and barriers are breaking down much faster than before... I shudder to think what our world will be like in another ten years.

It is another sad day for the families of those who have died this week for no other reason than someone chose to spread a message of fear and chaos and recruitment. I regret that it may continue to be even more sad days for families out there before this new threat is finally quashed. And even then another will simply rear it's ugly head. It seems to be more how the world works these days... Unless the 24/7 access has simply allowed for us to be more aware of it and this is actually the norm or par for the course in our planet's way of life.