Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Privacy?

So Ray Rice is a piece of shit, but I have to wonder if this recent media storm and fallout is really doing what is best for his wife and family in general.

I understand that TMZ was the first to release the video, but it is clear that they did not think of the implications of such a decision. Since then, Rice has been dropped by the NFL, dropped by all sponsors and inadvertently bankrupted his family, including his Wife (who was the "victim")

Should great care have been given to how the video was released?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Privacy?

Huh... he deserved all this. And apparently his wife, who seems to be a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome, is too stupid (or scared?) to run away from him. Looks like NFL money was more important to her than her own safety. And if you manage to go bankrupt after being a multimillionaire for 6 seasons...

EDIT: http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf...ep_25_mil.html

Last edited by Pascal; 09-10-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
Team Jetfire

I'm not saying that HE did not deserve it, but his wife is being punished too. Yes, she may be dumb to stay with him, but the fact of that matter is that she did not bring charges against him, it wasn't even a police case, it was release by TMZ.

I don't know, perhaps it's a no win situation, I just think it's crazy.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Better to have your bank accounts smashed than your face. You can always make more money if someone takes that from you, but you can't make an new life if that's taken.

Yes, the family will have it pretty shitty for a while, but how shitty was it already. Imagine waking up each day wondering if your going to get some teeth knocked out for doing something "Wrong".

Hopefully, after this blows over, and she sues the shit out of him and takes half of any and all future earnings he gets, even if that's zero, which I doubt, she finds a better place to be than with a piece of shit like him.

Sad to say, but once things cool down, Rice will get a second chance. He'll apologize, say he's gone for counselling, make a donation to a women's shelter, do some community service, and all will be forgiven in the NFL public's eyes. Maybe his change will be sincere, maybe not. One thing for sure, there's probably a truck load of money in his future.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i find it funny how people are going after him tooth and nail when chris brown smacked his girl around and people still fawn over him, double standards and all that

tmz wants repercussions like this, it's there to destroy famous people, there's never been anything good come out of one of those sites

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
Team Jetfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Better to have your bank accounts smashed than your face. You can always make more money if someone takes that from you, but you can't make an new life if that's taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

Yes, the family will have it pretty shitty for a while, but how shitty was it already. Imagine waking up each day wondering if your going to get some teeth knocked out for doing something "Wrong".

Hopefully, after this blows over, and she sues the shit out of him and takes half of any and all future earnings he gets, even if that's zero, which I doubt, she finds a better place to be than with a piece of shit like him.

Sad to say, but once things cool down, Rice will get a second chance. He'll apologize, say he's gone for counselling, make a donation to a women's shelter, do some community service, and all will be forgiven in the NFL public's eyes. Maybe his change will be sincere, maybe not. One thing for sure, there's probably a truck load of money in his future.

Here's the thing, she is still with him and is sticking up for him. Maybe it’s the PC nature of the world now, but if a Women wants to stay with an asshole like that, can we really stop her? Should she know better? Of course! Would it be better for her if she left? Maybe. But it is clear that she was getting something from him (re: money) But I have to wonder how much her life is going to suck now (based on what she values in a relationship, RE: money). And while football players make a lot of money they also spend a lot of money: they will be on welfare in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
i find it funny how people are going after him tooth and nail when chris brown smacked his girl around and people still fawn over him, double standards and all that
Quote:

tmz wants repercussions like this, it's there to destroy famous people, there's never been anything good come out of one of those sites

Agreed. Media thrives on this stuff, good or bad. And the worst part is his wife is essentially victimized twice...

Are they even pressing charges?
Old 09-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #7
Beechy
The Veteran.

Quote:
there's never been anything good come out of one of those sites

I beg to differ and would like to draw your attention to exhibit A) Weird Al's song titled "TMZ"
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #8
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post

Here's the thing, she is still with him and is sticking up for him. Maybe it’s the PC nature of the world now, but if a Women wants to stay with an asshole like that, can we really stop her? Should she know better? Of course! Would it be better for her if she left? Maybe. But it is clear that she was getting something from him (re: money) But I have to wonder how much her life is going to suck now (based on what she values in a relationship, RE: money). And while football players make a lot of money they also spend a lot of money: they will be on welfare in no time.

Agreed. Media thrives on this stuff, good or bad. And the worst part is his wife is essentially victimized twice...

Are they even pressing charges?
You're right. If she wants to stay, for what ever the reason, then nobody can stop her. But now that this is out there, and everyone knows, if she mysteriously shows up with a black eye down the road, friends and family won't be buying excuses like she walked into a door.

Plus you have to figure sooner or later, either she comes to her senses on her own or her family eventually gets through to her and she leaves.

If not, if she ends up in the morgue because she accidentally fell down the stairs or something, there will be a record of his prior actions and impetus for the police to investigate further, guilty or not.

As for how much her life will suck, she's with a woman beater. That's a pretty shitty situation to be in already? At least now people know and maybe Rice will think twice before hitting her again.

If nobody knows, nobody can take action to help her, whether she wants it or not.

As for Chris Brown, a last name couldn't be more appropriate, another piece of shit.