Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Advice needed.

Alright, so I have got myself in a bit of a situation and I'm not sure the next steps to take.

The Facebook age has provided us and option to anonymously snoop around the various profile pages of our old friends, associates and ex's.

As I recently turned 35, I was curious about how some of my older flames had turned out and creep-ed a LinkedIn page of one of my ex's. Unlike Facebook, LinkedIn has these feature that tells you what person has been viewing your profile. This has now generated an "connection request" from her and I know it's only because my initial "creep".

So, I'm at a loss as to how to move forward. do I:
A) Accept her connection request and do what everyone else does on LinkedIn does; absolutely nothing?
B) Accept her connection request and message her with the obligatory "hey, how are you? What you been up too since High School?"
C) Ignore the request.
D) Stick it in the pooper.

A bit of background, I'm married, with kids my Wife is not the jealous type and wouldn't care what ever choice I make.

Also, I have no intention of having any type of meaningful relationship with this girl; I was more or less curious how she turned out and connect with an old friend, but I HAVE heard of a number of issues arising from this type of encounter and it is Drama that I'd just rather pass on, regardless if she is still super hot.

Thoughts?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Advice needed.

This is my motto: LinkedIn is strictly for professional use. I'd only add a connection if I can professionally recommend or vouch for that person. Not ex's or friends who are unprofessional/poor at their jobs.

Facebook is for catching up/chatting/socializing.

Maybe next time, creep via incognito mode/without logging into LinkedIn. You can ask to add her on FB, but not on LinkedIn (Although this would seem even worse if your wife saw that).
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
Team Jetfire

Good thought. I actually don't have Facebook any longer. As a funny concidnce, she is a business owner and I'm commercial banker...
Old 07-17-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Is she hot?

If so don't bother.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #5
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Alright, so I have got myself in a bit of a situation and I'm not sure the next steps to take.

The Facebook age has provided us and option to anonymously snoop around the various profile pages of our old friends, associates and ex's.

As I recently turned 35, I was curious about how some of my older flames had turned out and creep-ed a LinkedIn page of one of my ex's. Unlike Facebook, LinkedIn has these feature that tells you what person has been viewing your profile. This has now generated an "connection request" from her and I know it's only because my initial "creep".

So, I'm at a loss as to how to move forward. do I:
A) Accept her connection request and do what everyone else does on LinkedIn does; absolutely nothing?
B) Accept her connection request and message her with the obligatory "hey, how are you? What you been up too since High School?"
C) Ignore the request.
D) Stick it in the pooper.

A bit of background, I'm married, with kids my Wife is not the jealous type and wouldn't care what ever choice I make.

Also, I have no intention of having any type of meaningful relationship with this girl; I was more or less curious how she turned out and connect with an old friend, but I HAVE heard of a number of issues arising from this type of encounter and it is Drama that I'd just rather pass on, regardless if she is still super hot.

Thoughts?
What I do is, I use Facebook for personal (friends, wall posts, pictures and whatnot) and I use LinkedIn for professional use. Now, you always ignore your ex-girlfriend from not having no connection on your LinkedIn account and avoiding her writing useless stuff, and having potential future employers see this and professional people will avoid your connection if they see these kinds of stuff on your profile.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Good thought. I actually don't have Facebook any longer. As a funny concidnce, she is a business owner and I'm commercial banker...
Here are the common quotes of advice I can think off the top of my head.

"Don't mix business with pleasure"
"Don't shit where you eat"

But the last thing you need is an angry client/ex-gf complaining to you about a holds policy or being super demanding as a client. Not fun in any respect...
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Nothing pleasurable if she's no longer hot. No harm there.

A lot of the ex's are now on FB. Most are bigger cause of pregnancy. Man have they changed. Except for one and she had to be the Eastern European one. Turns out she still loves cycling as a hobby.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #8
Rev
Addict

The fact that you are asking suggests that you think there might be something off with contacting her.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #9
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The fact that you are asking suggests that you think there might be something off with contacting her.
Agreed. That goes back to what I said in the beginning.

Also dafuq is up with that term "creeping"? LOL
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #10
Team Jetfire

Well, Like I said, I wanted to see how she turned out... My fault for searching her out I suppose. But it's human to be curious. Unfortunately, my curiosity has caused this predicament.

For the record, she also split up with me and even though we were a far way from having a serious relationship, I would like to show her that I turned out to be alright.

And by all accounts, she is attractive. I'm not concerned about that though. I more concerned about being called out for creeping on her...