Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
Pascal
Banned
Re: Dark of the Moon Toy Line: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Even if they're still fairly new, I always come across a DOTM toy I had forgotten about and they feel fresh again. The other day, it was that green plane I've already forgotten the name of. Last night, HA Leadfoot & Roadbuster. Fun toys. DLX Barricade is pretty good too.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #22
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I thoroughly loved the DOTM line and wish we got the tail end of it at retail - maybe we Canucks will be lucky and still will as per the rumor.

Now I'm really loving the Prime line.

Generally, I like a whole bunch of figures from every line. I don't seem to feel the need to bash other people's preferred lines though, maybe that's just me. Live and let live and all that.

As for the yellow plague, that's line independent - now Prime Bees are the ones clogging the shelves.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I can't say I'm not glad the line is finally done. But I did find there was a lot more figures that I liked than I thought I would.

But I would rather be picking up more Classic / Generations style. The movie aesthetic isn't my first choice.

But they did have some nice standout pieces.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #24
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Personally, the movie look isn't my thing, but I did pick up a few DoTM toys. Love Powerglide, Guzzle is great and Flak is surprisingly fun. Didn't buy any deluxes or voyagers. They just look too much alike. Everytime I went to TRU or Walmart, it felt like all the toys were cars. I want more planes, tanks, military trucks, choppers, etc. More variety in vehicles would have helped a lot IMO.

That and fewer BBs.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #25
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Skyhammer was awesome, I hope the mold gets reused1
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #26
herooftheday316
Energon

I was not a fan of the line overall. I say this mostly due to the lack of diversity in the characters and the fact that there were not that many "non-screen" characters. I find the non-movie characters have arguably been the best in the movie lines.

That being said, I am really happy with one advent of the DOTM line: Cyberverse.

I really like the dual size classes and I find most of them were pretty awesome! Fun to play with and keep on your desk for sure

-Mike
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #27
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I will conceed and agree that Cyberverse commanders where a glimer of hope in the line as a whole. Powerglide, Blackout and Guzzle weren't bad at all.

As for the main line, I think I'm just board with the Same old Optimus, Iron Hide, Rachete and of course Bumblebee. DOTM Voyager Megatron is actually one of my favorites (go figure, its a new design, funny how that works)

Not shitting on the movie style though, I really don't mind it, but after 3 Movies without a change of style for Optimus? Yawn. That would be like if we had the same Optimus Prime for the entire uniron triology.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

They pretty much perfected Movie Prime toys with ROTF/HFTD Leader Prime and Battle Blades Voyager Prime, so for DOTM all they could try was a stylized version (DOTM Voyager), smaller versions (Deluxe and Commander sized), and add-ons (Trailers and Takara Jetwing Prime).
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #29
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Not really a fan of the DoTM line especially for the Deluxe class. I ended up with a couple of Yoyagers (Shockwave, etc.) and a leader class (Ironhide) but no Deluxe. Compare this to how many Deluxes from the first two Michael Bay movies I have picked up this is nothing.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #30
justprime
Animated

On the whole I didn't mind any of the movie toys though I found them to be mostly display pieces not really a playability to them but they were interesting in the engineering that went into them, I ended up getting Que,leadfoot weponised and soundwave from Japan these are vary nice pieces and it will be a shame if they do not make it here for the general collectors as they do complete the movie line up of onscreen charaters.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote