Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
chroma23
douchebag
need advice on purchase for G1 battlestars grandus

hi, i came across a seller who is selling a loose but complete G1 battlestars/micromasters grandus. no box or paperwork but claims to have complete accessories. i can see the item from the front only, but condition and sticker condition looks good and i dont see any yellowing on the plastic i didnt transform or touch it so i didnt open up to see what its like inside (battle station/command center mode). and i am pretty sure that this is not the brave command daguon dagu-base remold because the toy has claw hands (for grandus) as supposed to a pegged fist (for dagu-base)

it is selling for 330 bucks

what do you guys think of the price? is there anything i should watch out for? any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

and one last dumb question: there is no reported KO of grandus right? im only asking because i have heard of a metrotitan KO before...

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129

Last edited by chroma23; 12-30-2011 at 01:17 PM.
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
Re: need advice on purchase for G1 battlestars grandus

protoman to thread

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

$330 = steal. Jump on it or give me the guy's address because I'll take it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
trizeo
ZEO
trizeo's Ebay Auctions

What Pascal said! Awesome price!

I'd check for stress marks, loose parts etc.... as well I think I heard you had to look out for the mechanism that goes up and down as it gets easily damaged.

But if I were you I'd nab it!
trizeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
justprime
Animated

Dag base is a different color sceam than Grandus
Micromaster spinnern is prone to being broken at the hips, look for all acc to be present,.. radar dishes & ears (in yellow)are usally missing loose parts include: 2 yellow antenas (ears) a round and rectangle radar dishes in yellow,off white landing pad,.. three turrets (2 same 1 different), one conning bridge, one missle (block) all in red lastly two yellow repair bay arms for the inside control centre (also usally missing) and the micromaster car,.. there is a platform that moves up and down via a little wheel on back beside head.......Prone to yellowing if its white and complete it is a deal not to be missed hope this has helped.
Justprime
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
justprime
Animated

P.S. forgot to mention 4 factory mounted turrets on the outside two on sholders two at feet
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

There is a (red, -¬L shape) connection piece between Star Convoy and Grandus in their base mode. It contains gears and what not to (machanically) power Grandus with Star Convoy's motorized platform. I think this piece comes with Grandus but it could be from Star Convoy.

EDIT: Take a look at the red part in the last picture of this eBay auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers...ht_2715wt_1396

(Do you have Star Convoy and Sky Garry?)

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 12-30-2011 at 06:37 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
chroma23
douchebag

thanks very much for your quick responses, everybody...but unfortunately everything turned out in vain

to answer pascal's question: i am currently in hong kong right now and i saw the grandus on display in a store, and turns out that even though it has been on display for the whole week, shortly after i saw it again yesterday (and before i made this post) someone else went to buy it.....oh well i wasnt too happy when i went back to the store today only to see the grandus disappeared. i was surely depressed for a few hours wandering around like a zombie before i moved on to some more binge spending on toys

and to add insult to injury, today is my last day and another store is putting up some REALLY REALLY nice vintage G1s, including overlord and wait for it, a couple of japanese for max, pretender metalhawk and 2 (what appears to be) good condition galaxy shuttle with no yellowing, one of which has no stickers applied. so i figured if i cant spend the money on grandus at least i should spend it on a sticker-free galaxy shuttle......but guess what the stupid store owner said he aint selling any of them until tomorrow (after im gone for good), and wont make me an exception

in the end i spend my money on other (newer) items, i will post it in the hauls thread soon.

anyways, thanks for the quick advice, greatly appreciated

(and FYI i have a MISB sky garry already, if i can get the grandus i would also jump on the reissue star convoy as well)

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129

Last edited by chroma23; 12-31-2011 at 11:33 AM.
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
icebluebeer
Mini-Con

Is it possible for Takara to re-issue Battle Star? You know...now we will have Fortress Maximus after all...
icebluebeer is offline   Reply With Quote