Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #21
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: The New RID show

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
But again, this new one is cool. Just for a more.... less scrupulous audience.
Sorry to bust your chops man, but I don't think this word means what you think it means. Hahah.

'Cause I think you just accidentally called everyone who likes the show immoral degenerates.

Unless you actually meant to use that word. In which case I shake my fist at you, sir.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 04-28-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #22
CAF
Banned

Hey man, it's just my opinion.

It's always easy to find reasons not to do something.

But this is just me here, one guys opinion- everything after G1 wasn't very good. Sure, I watch em all. Sure I buy some of the toys. But here I am, selling it all and sticking to Masterpiece and G1 style 3rd party stuff.

I think redoing the original series with Masterpiece correct CGI animation would be great. I think revamping the story would be interesting too. I think that moneywise, it would be in Takara's best interest to do smaller scale Masterpiece for the main market (to capitalize on the cartoon) and continue doing what they are with the Masterpiece line as well.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #23
CAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Sorry to bust your chops man, but I don't think this word means what you think it means. Hahah.

'Cause I think you just accidentally called everyone who likes the show immoral degenerates.

Unless you actually meant to use that word. In which case I shake my fist at you, sir.
Actually it means this- scru·pu·lous
ˈskro͞opyələs/Submit
adjective
(of a person or process) diligent, thorough, and extremely attentive to details.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #24
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

The show seems ok so far, always hard to tell right off the bat. Not up to animated yet, but it might start getting better, Liked the last 2 episodes the best.

With the Kospego Commands being the best.

It should hopefully start getting better as the stories get some depth, right now just a little to much of the same find and catch.

Enjoying the antics of grimlock and sideswipe, guess my sig gave that away

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection

Last edited by Rodimus Prime1; 04-29-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #25
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I really, really want Hasbro to make direct to dvd idw movies in the way dc does their animated movies because that would be epic and I would be so happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I wish I could up vote this.

+2 for ^^ THIS. So much. I haven't watched RID15 yet but that's mostly because the animation style reflects exactly what others have already said: the show is more simplistic in both visual detail and story depth. It never grabbed my interest even from the beginning to even consider watching it. I would rather watch Armada/Cybertron/Energon, etc.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:31 PM   #26
CAF
Banned

Transformers Go is pretty good.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:36 PM   #27
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Actually it means this- scru·pu·lous
ˈskro͞opyələs/Submit
adjective
(of a person or process) diligent, thorough, and extremely attentive to details.
Very interesting, Google spits out that definition as primary, but all the dictionary sites spit out a definition similar to this as the primary.

- having scruples, or moral or ethical standards; having or showing a strict regard for what one considers right; principled: scrupulous about defending human rights.

I'm still not sure of usage though. Scrutinize might be a better world, but... I just realized I'm headed down a grammar discussion in a Transformers forum, so I'll stop before I punch myself in the face.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #28
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

Quote:
Hey man, it's just my opinion.

It's always easy to find reasons not to do something.
You'll notice he didn't actually disagree with your definition of the word.

Quote:
But this is just me here, one guys opinion- everything after G1 wasn't very good.
Wow. This is a....I'm going to say "bold" statement.

G1 was and always will be my favorite show, but the stories are just as simple and shallow as anything we're getting now. Sure there were a few stand out episodes, but there usually are in every series. But from a writing standpoint, the Beast era shows, Animated and Prime are leagues above G1.

Lets face it. If nothing had changed in Transformers since G1, and we just kept getting G1 over and over and over again, we would be where MOTU and GIJoe are right now. Which is no where. Both of those series are just barely hanging on. Mere shadows of their former selves.

At the end of the day, Transformers are for kids. When they make a show geared more towards an older audience, like they did with Prime, the kids don't watch it, and we older fans aren't a large enough base to keep a franchise profitable. Unless you want to pay upwards of $30 for the most basic of figures like the MOTU collectors do.

And if Aaron Archer is correct, and toy trends keep going the way they are, maybe one day we will be in that boat, and we finally will have your purely adult oriented toy line because we'll be the only ones buying them!
But don't count on any accompanying cartoons because, like I said, it just wouldn't be profitable to sink all the money that an, at least 26 episode series would cost just to sell toys to us.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #29
CAF
Banned

@sunswipe- to reiterate what I meant, I just think the RID show is like the Duplo of TF shows and the G1 is like the lego. My idea of a Masterpice style show would be like the Technics.

That's all. I don't intend to offend anyone. It is after all a thread asking for opinions. My taste is just my own. What's not so great for me may be awesome for another, and that's totally ok. Makes the world diverse. And diversity is excellent!

@Shockwave75, I should have specified that Prime was awesome. The G1 was what set the bar for me. I developed what I viewed transformers to be from that from day one. While the other toons are all watched and part of my collections, I simply don't like them near as much. And really, viability and business plans for the toys companies isn't really the issue. Just because I think something would be cool, doesn't mean it has to be viable. That's all. Cheers guys.

Last edited by CAF; 04-29-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #30
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
That's all. I don't intend to offend anyone. It is after all a thread asking for opinions. My taste is just my own. What's not so great for me may be awesome for another, and that's totally ok. Makes the world diverse. And diversity is excellent!
I think my posts made things a bit confusing. All I was doing was poking some fun at the use of the word scrupulous, which as it turned out was not so much fun after all. My bad.

As for your opinions on the show, I don't take any issue with them. Potato Po-tah-toe. I'm not saying you have to like it, just as you're not saying I have to hate it. Different people, different tastes and that's fine. I just wanted to make that clear.

Again, sorry I made things confusing.