Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
Perceptor
Alternator
ToyWorld feedback

Hi there, for those of you who have bought ToyWorld figures in the past, could you please post some comments on the quality of their products? Anyone has any insight into the TW-06 Devilstar? Thank you!!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Re: ToyWorld feedback

yes, I would definitely like to know this as well...
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I have several Toyworld bots, Intimidator, Hegemon, Orion and Brainwave.

The plastic and build quality is pretty good. For me, the criticism lies in their design and aesthetics, specifically their head sculpts.

Their designs get the job done, but without much flash or going above and beyond.

IMHO, they're like the Hasbro of 3rd Parties, neat and good enough, but others do it better.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 02-04-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #4
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Hmm...I actually own a lot of these because I like them so much...

-all three "nottlebots"
-Orion
-Grant
-Their Headmasters (still need Swamper)

Transformation: nottlebots are complex but fairly intuitive, and most certainly genius! Smooth too. Orion is a bit tricky with the tabs, pretty complex but very clever. Grant is simple. I'd say these are enjoyable to transform to the point where I do it often, as opposed to some third party which are transform once and put em on the shelf.

Joint quality: top tier. None have felt floppy, as with all TFs there is the odd "too tight" or "looser than expected" but all joints move well and meet or exceed the industry standard, so to speak.

Plastic Quality: top tier. Wall thicknesses are sturdy, surface texture appropriate and resin strength is top notch. I'd say they feel like figures from the Cybertron or Classics 1.0 line

Fit/finish: top tier. All panels line up well, few, if any stress marks, great paint apps--nice and crisp, no problems with paint adhesion. Grants "transfer" decals are too delicate IMHO, but that might be a one-time thing

Parts / Assembly: good. I did have some minor issues...as with any expensive TF, purchase from a reputable source and inspect the figure carefully. I had a wrong leg on the headmaster for Hardbone, a missing mini gun in Grants arm...all other figures perfect...so there may be the odd issue

So overall they are one of the top third parties, up there with Fansproject, Maketoys, Fanstoys, MMC, etc.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #5
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

I have only TW01 hardbone. I like it very much, nothing special but very solid toy.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #6
chans formers
raff ow roud

i have hedgemon(megatron) and the three throttlebots released so far and i like the quality,design,joints and paint apps.
the plastic doesn't feel as cheap as hasbro's latest offerings and is akin to the thickness of atleast the energon bot,but nowhere near as thick as armada plastic.
my only gripe is how swirly the plastic is on hedgemon(second edition) and rollbar and how loose my hedgemon's right arm has become over time from the weight of the fusion cannon.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #7
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Interesting comments about the plastic quality and thickness. Unfortunately, the design of their Astrotrain uses thinner plastic panels for the tail fin and wings. Understandable considering what is trying to be achieved. But good to know they have a tried and tested plastic recipe. I may give this a go as I'm an Astrotrain fanboy. Much better than the DX9 offering IMO.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:35 PM   #8
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODk0MDU2Nzg0.html?x
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:53 AM   #9
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

They are pretty pricey for their quality, if you can find them for under 80 I think they'd be worth it.

$100+ for their boring engineering and low to average plastic is not really worth it.

Though avoid TW Brainwave for sure, that thing was a piece of crap. Wasn't even worth $30 something I payed for it.