Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #31
strag
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to strag Send a message via MSN to strag Send a message via Skype™ to strag
Re: Let the Delta Meadowvale know how they did.

I'm going to echo the complaints about the serving staff in the restaurant. Sunday morning when my girlfriend and I went down for breakfast at the buffet, we were both finished eating by the time any of the serving staff paid attention to us, and that was only after flagging them down.

Aside from the serving staff issues we had no issues with the rest of the hotel and had a pleasant stay.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #32
Sideswipe
Break it down!

A side note on the mini fridges:

I was talking with "mrs. chansformers" and she mentioned the staff said there was a limited number of fridges, and that you had to ask for one.

Being the smart cookie that I am, I brought my own!

*self-administers cookie

Last edited by Sideswipe; 08-05-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #33
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Survey done!

I'd really have to echo most of the comments here and given that some of thebTFcon staff members work at the hotel, I hope the feedback posted in the thread is passed on as well (the survey didn't offer the best options for expressing everything).

The hotel staff was beyond excellent. The housekeeping staff was very polite and even gave me a large garbage bag, when I asked, for the excess packaging I had in the room.

The front desk was fantastic whenever I had a question. I checked in very late on Friday and was a little concerned when the Internet went down right around noon. I was dealing with an emergency call at the time, so I couldn't access the office computer as a result. When I asked the front desk about it, they informed me the billing resets at noon each day. I didn't even get a chance to say anything before they said there would not be a charge for Internet for the rest of my stay. Unexpected and really appreciated.

The restaurant/bar... I'm not going to complain about pricing, as all hotels charge more for the premium of staying in house. This was not unexpected. The staff was a different story. I don't want to lump all of the staff in the same boat, but there were a few that were less than satisfactory. The bartender Saturday night was not the friendliest lady. I know they were swamped that night, but she wasn't much better when I had supper there earlier (and they were not as busy)... But my tip reflected that. Shitty service... Shitty tip. There were options that were only a 15 to 20 minute walk away from the hotel if I didn't feel like eating there.

I missed all the commotion with the waitress on Saturday night, even though I was sitting right there... But there is really no excuse for acting how she did.

I think the biggest issue with the restaurant side of things was that they were not prepared staffing wise for the convention. I'm sure things will be better next year assuming it is back here.

It also would have been nice to have a little fridge in the room. This was the first hotel room that I can recall not having one in a long time.

Otherwise, the hotel was overall a great experience. I'm sure it will be even better next year now that some of the growing pains are out of the way.
^what he said word for word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Loved the bar girls. Can't complain
what he said word for word too
the asian girl was the best

i found this hotel to be soooooo much better than the doubletree......i won't start on that rant...

i do agree with the earlier statement of the chlorine levels in the big pool being a bit on the strong side.
for your viewing pleasure for those of you who didn't have time to check out some of the amenities this place had,i took a few pics of the recreational/good family stuff there.
(i asked a worker too and he said the minigolf course wasn't up this year but should be good to go next year.)

also...for those wondering..the big white dome thing to the side of the hotel was indoor tennis/badminton courts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon basketball court.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	11183   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon family kids room.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	11184   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon gazeebo.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	11185   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon hot tub.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	11186   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon minigolf.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	11187  

Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon outdoor pool.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	11188   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon waterslide 1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	11189   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon waterslide 2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	11190   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon waterslide 3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	11191   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon waterslide 4.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	11192  

Last edited by chans formers; 08-05-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: added pics
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #34
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I had zero issues with the hotel, but did not use the restuarant for anything but sitting in.

I thought the location was great, the rooms were nice and that the housekeeping and front desk staff were very pleasant.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #35
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
the waitress should not tell you that they "legally can't give you free beer",
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I was a big fan of the parking lot with its high-tech "Fast & Furious" tire sounds free for every car making any sort of turn, no matter how slow.
So they can't give free beer, but at least there's free tire squeels!

Seriously, that bar service is terrible.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #36
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Talking Re: Let the Delta Meadowvale know how they did.

Wow. I had no idea. I didn't go to the bar, nor the restaurant, nor stay overnight.

Just a few random thoughts...

-were the hotel staff informed that several hundred people will be attending each day for the entire weekend?

-maybe the hotel didn't anticipate a bunch of nerds/geeks would be spending money?

-maybe the hotel had a bunch of staff do "no-shows"?

If TFCon 2012 is at the same hotel perhaps they realize we've got money, and if they want more of it, take the previous posters' comments seriously.

As for me...
I was tempted to have a sandwich, but I didn't want to pay $6 for it. For $6 you can get a big Angus burger at Harvey's.

As for that AV guy...man, he was dull, I tried talking to him, and all he did was walk away. Just kidding!!!!! . He's a great guy and works really hard. VERY professional. Give that guy a raise...seriously.

The only constructive criticism I can provide honestly, was that on Saturday, the water jugs were not frequently re-filled. Everytime I went to the table, they were empty, I think some people got so desperate for water that they took the ice and melted it themselves.

Sunday, however, was a much different story. I was there to witness 2 refills of the jugs!!! (I'm sure they were re-filled more than twice) The guy who did this was quick and didn't get in the way of the other people who rushed toward the water table.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #37
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

I'll say the same thing I said in the survey.
The waitress that served us on Friday night was awesome (& very cute too).
She was a short brunette, very friendly & very "bubbly".
At one point I noticed 2 little bugs in my nearly empty beer, she just happened to be walking by at the time & over heard me (odd timing).
She asked to see my beer, saw the bugs & was like " that's not right at all, can I get you another one, on the house".
I told her it was ok, as I was 99% sure they had not been in my beer the whole time. It was my first of the night, so I know i would have seen them before then.
As of the pricing it was a little steep, but as other have said, it's kinda expected. i ordered the Thai chicken wings ($12), it was the cheapest thing I thought I would like. When they showed up
& I was surprise by how many were on the plate (at least 12 or 13) and I got to admit they were fantastic (not $12 fanatic, more like $8-10 fantasic), but at the end I was full & happy.
I wish I could recall her name, but the wifey & I left her a nice tip.
Did I mention she was fucking cute too?

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #38
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i want to single out a waitress too, and i also forget her name, but earlier on on saturday guber, me, ninjatron and this guy chris got some food. guber and ninja had to bolt before they were done to get ready for the feud, so they got their nachos packed up. long story short they brought the nachos back later that evening and the same waitress didnt make a single stink about having them heated back up. to me, thats crazy. i figure most places would've just given you some mad stink eye about that

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #39
Big Filipino
Protectobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
The only constructive criticism I can provide honestly, was that on Saturday, the water jugs were not frequently re-filled. Everytime I went to the table, they were empty, I think some people got so desperate for water that they took the ice and melted it themselves.
QFT. I had a hard time on both Sat and Sun finding water. Thankfully CobraCommander had a few bottles with him.

My one other comment has to deal with the the line ups for signatures and photographs. I just thought that having it at the top of Artist Alley was a little too congested given the crowds that would accumulate.

Last edited by Big Filipino; 08-07-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #40
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

well the sunday i actually went to the front counter and told them that we needed water. so thank me for that lol. i went a few times waiting for it then i went and asked. the guy was very nice and said "oh they aren't out there? let me get that taken care of right away for you all"

then they were out fairly fast. just they dropped the ball on getting them out for the start.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote