Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-30-2022, 08:05 PM   #2511
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
Tried to get a price match in-store on Coronation Starscream at the clearance price that was in stock (but impossible to actually find) at another location. They would not do it.

And, in fact, the Walmart website says that they will only match the price listed on Walmart.ca, but only on in-stock items, and not clearance or liquidation prices, and not marketplace seller prices, and not any other physical Walmart store. So pretty much just regular price, or maybe a regular sale price online, but that's it.

Here's a link to their pricing policy (which was hard enough to find). But basically the rule is "fuck you, no price matching."

https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/faq/p...769ede2dea0175
That's too bad. The other day, I bought 2 vintage tigatrons for 19 each and the next day brought them back to a Walmart which I knew sold them for $5. I returned them and bought em back for 5.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:56 AM   #2512
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
That's too bad. The other day, I bought 2 vintage tigatrons for 19 each and the next day brought them back to a Walmart which I knew sold them for $5. I returned them and bought em back for 5.
Hahahaha, encountered the whole "price difference between stores" thing before, but met with a different outcome

Was lookin for a specific LOL Surprise tweens doll from a wave, found a WM that had that particular wave on sale, but didn't have the specific character
Bought it anyways, took it to a WM that I knew had the character, brought it to customer service to do a swap

And of course "you can return (your copy) here for the price on the receipt, but you're gonna pay the price here for that (new copy)" "we don't sell em for that price here" basically refusing the swap

Even with receipt! "just because that store has em on sale doesn't mean we do" etc
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 09:02 AM   #2513
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

LOL @ Crankcase & Inferno OOS listings

Guess these two are the "Velocitron Override"s of wave 3 (gonna have to find em in-store)

Old 08-31-2022, 10:43 AM   #2514
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Hahahaha, encountered the whole "price difference between stores" thing before, but met with a different outcome

Was lookin for a specific LOL Surprise tweens doll from a wave, found a WM that had that particular wave on sale, but didn't have the specific character
Bought it anyways, took it to a WM that I knew had the character, brought it to customer service to do a swap

And of course "you can return (your copy) here for the price on the receipt, but you're gonna pay the price here for that (new copy)" "we don't sell em for that price here" basically refusing the swap

Even with receipt! "just because that store has em on sale doesn't mean we do" etc
You are describing a different scenario. What you should have done is buy the lol doll you wanted at the store that did not have it on sale, and return it at a store that did have it on sale. That's what I did with transformers, and it has worked every time. It doesn't work the other way around since (as you showed) stores don't care what other stores are selling something at.

Always make sure you end up at the store that has the discounted price, because that is the only place that has the likelyhood of giving you the discounted price.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 08-31-2022 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:46 AM   #2515
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
You are describing a different scenario. What you should have done is buy the lol doll you wanted at the store that did not have it on sale, and return it at a store that did have it on sale. That's what I did with transformers, and it has worked every time. It doesn't work the other way around since (as you showed) stores don't care what other stores are selling something at.

Always make sure you end up at the store that has the discounted price, because that is the only place that has the likelyhood of giving you the discounted price.
Hmmmmmmm, maybe I will try that then

Thx mate
Old 08-31-2022, 10:52 AM   #2516
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Hmmmmmmm, maybe I will try that then

Thx mate
Good luck, you'll let us know how it goes!
Old 08-31-2022, 11:04 AM   #2517
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
brought them back to a Walmart which I knew sold them for $5. I returned them and bought em back for 5.
Why not buy them from the store that had them for $5 right from the start?
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:43 AM   #2518
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Why not buy them from the store that had them for $5 right from the start?
Probably they were sold out of the item he wanted so he was basically transferring stock from one store to the other.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:12 PM   #2519
Skorpulator
Armada

Shady practice if you ask me...
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 03:27 PM   #2520
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Shady practice if you ask me...
Ummm I don't think so, what's shady is Walmart won't price match their own site.

There is nothing wrong with buying an item at reg price because one can legally do that. Then return it to another Walmart because one is legally allowed to do that. Then turn around and buy it back at the price that is at the store, say for $5 because that's what it's scanning at and one is legally allowed to do that... Shady? nope!!! Walmart not price matching their site, just because they wrote it down, is a crock a shit... There is no valid reason... Justify it how you want, I won't listen lol! and i'll go the lengths to also get free things if under $10 because things always scan improperly at Walmart. In Quebec we have the law about price correctness and if things scan wrong and the tag says otherwise, you get it at the lower price minus $10, or basically free if it's under $10. My friend made a living get free blurays over the past 10 years... Always scanned wrong, Walmart really hated him, but they never fixed their problem hahaha...

Last edited by ngnaw; 08-31-2022 at 03:32 PM.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart