Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 01-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
chris-morada
chris-morada's Ebay Auctions
Revoltech Skywarp and Thundercracker

Tought I'd share this custom I've completed about two weeks ago. This is one of the two Revoltech figures sent to me by a returning client. After he received his custom Revoltech Nemesis Prime, he decided to send me two additional figures. Both were Revoltech Starscream, my client requested me to do two different characters, one to be Thundercracker and the other is Skywarp.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Re: Revoltech Skywarp and Thundercracker

those look really nice man, great work!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
chris-morada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
those look really nice man, great work!
Thanks Zuffyprime!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Shocking no one did this sooner...nice work, I like the shine the paint gives them.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
chris-morada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Shocking no one did this sooner...nice work, I like the shine the paint gives them.
I hope Kaiyodo gets the message and makes em.

Thanks by the way GMfan101!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
i did a set too already,just too lazy to dig them out and take pics.i like the blue you used on thundercracker!(i used too dark of a blue,yours looks so much more true to the character!!)are the paints you used "metallic?"awesome job btw,the paint looks flawless!!!!now you just need some decepticon symbols and get started on sunstorm!!!!(i just noticed too,love the blue pearl in skywarps purple!!!!)

Last edited by chans formers; 01-26-2009 at 04:03 PM.
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
chris-morada

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i did a set too already,just too lazy to dig them out and take pics.i like the blue you used on thundercracker!(i used too dark of a blue,yours looks so much more true to the character!!)are the paints you used "metallic?"awesome job btw,the paint looks flawless!!!!now you just need some decepticon symbols and get started on sunstorm!!!!(i just noticed too,love the blue pearl in skywarps purple!!!!)
Hey Chan I encourage you to dig for that figure, be proud and show your art to the world!

About the paint, did you use solid blue or clear?
The paint I used for this was House of Color clear blue, you know automotive exotic paint samples and added green pearlsents powder.
As for the cons symbols, I did make an effort to order the trough Reprolables, but got lost during the holidays, ughhhh... Anyway I don't have the funds yet to make a Revoltech Sunstorm yet, hopefully one of my fequent returning clients ask me to do one, I'll post it if it happens.

By the way thanks for commenting!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-morada View Post
Hey Chan I encourage you to dig for that figure, be proud and show your art to the world!

About the paint, did you use solid blue or clear?
The paint I used for this was House of Color clear blue, you know automotive exotic paint samples and added green pearlsents powder.
As for the cons symbols, I did make an effort to order the trough Reprolables, but got lost during the holidays, ughhhh... Anyway I don't have the funds yet to make a Revoltech Sunstorm yet, hopefully one of my fequent returning clients ask me to do one, I'll post it if it happens.

By the way thanks for commenting!
the paint i used was tamiya "blue",which ended up looking about 2 shades away from navy blue once it all driedone of these days i'll dig'em out,too much projects at once,could be good,could be bad.but the pearls you used totally look pimp!!!if you look at the classics skywarp and thunder cracker i did not too long ago,they're painted with the exact same paint as what i did on the revoltech versions.i also like how you used a darker "gunmetal" chrome as opposed to silver.on mine i used tamiya gloss silver but it looks kinda too shiny.nice color choices!!!

Last edited by chans formers; 01-26-2009 at 04:52 PM.
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
chris-morada

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
the paint i used was tamiya "blue",which ended up looking about 2 shades away from navy blue once it all driedone of these days i'll dig'em out,too much projects at once,could be good,could be bad.but the pearls you used totally look pimp!!!
Wait Tamiya Acrylic or Tamiya Can? Did you primer it white first??

Hey I'm not mad at ya, I got greedy when the TFMT movie came out, I went every single stores around here that sold TF's daily and now I'm stuck with three tote containers full of movie figs. I'm worried because ROTF Figures are coming out soon, I know I'm going to buy them. This next couple of months I need to finish up.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-morada View Post
Wait Tamiya Acrylic or Tamiya Can? Did you primer it white first??

Hey I'm not mad at ya, I got greedy when the TFMT movie came out, I went every single stores around here that sold TF's daily and now I'm stuck with three tote containers full of movie figs. I'm worried because ROTF Figures are coming out soon, I know I'm going to buy them. This next couple of months I need to finish up.
tamiya acrylic,in the small bottles about an inch and a half tall.i brushed it on,then sprayed the clear.you must have sprayed yours for the base coat right?yours looks so much better!!about the tons of movie figs,i'm in the same boat too!bought most of them for bashes and customs,yet never had the time to do much with them except for the odd one here and there.

Tags
revoltech, skywarp, thundercracker