Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #181
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Tru flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobot91 View Post
I just noticed that the fine print says 'selected varies.' I guess we'll find out tomorrow as to which items can be combined.
"Selection varies" means it depends on how much inventory of which items they might still have available at the time. You can basically match any of the 30 brands shown around that ad of equal or lesser value except for items on clearance, items that have prices ending in 94 cents (only applies to regular priced items ending in 99 cents), video games and Lego.

That last part where they specifically had to exclude Lego gives me a chuckle. Like with 30 brands to pick from, is there anything left in the store that's not made by one of the 30 brands?!
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:07 AM   #182
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

they list tfs under the bogo deal, but most of them aren't. Wonder if it's a system updating thing.

** looks like its working now***

http://www.toysrus.ca/refinement/ind...d=Transformers
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #183
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
they list tfs under the bogo deal, but most of them aren't. Wonder if it's a system updating thing.

** looks like its working now***

http://www.toysrus.ca/refinement/ind...d=Transformers
Yep just checked and it appears to be working
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #184
Pascal
Banned

I thought it was a true BOGO, but the 2nd item is only 50% off... not worth it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:13 PM   #185
python
Alternator

It is when you combine the 20 off 50 on the website
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #186
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

It becomes a pretty ridiculous deal since that means there are now 2 hardcoded discounts for Hasbro products on their computer.

I wanted to use up the hasbro coupons before it was ending later this month so I got 3 deluxes (the buy 2 get 1 free is a better deal than the concurrent sale of buy 1 and get another 50% off).

I bought the three deluxes, gave them the hasbro coupon and lo and behold, the deals stacked. So 3 deluxes for 30$. Basically the same discount you would get from an actual BOGO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0412.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	39115  

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 03-16-2018 at 02:46 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #187
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Went to some stores today, at one they were giving out 5$ off on everything in the store cards, just for being there, but only saw this at TRU Woodbridge, along with Geoffrey walking around Nice to know they are fighting hard. There was also a coupon given for 10$ off if u spend 50$ this until April I think. The 5$ card was intl 2nd week or so in Apr.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:33 PM   #188
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
It becomes a pretty ridiculous deal since that means there are now 2 hardcoded discounts for Hasbro products on their computer.

I wanted to use up the hasbro coupons before it was ending later this month so I got 3 deluxes (the buy 2 get 1 free is a better deal than the concurrent sale of buy 1 and get another 50% off).

I bought the three deluxes, gave them the hasbro coupon and lo and behold, the deals stacked. So 3 deluxes for 30$. Basically the same discount you would get from an actual BOGO
I'm not entirely convinced this was supposed to work out that way. Did the coupon scan in no problem an generate this result for you or did the cashier have to spend some time manually adjusting prices for you?

For one thing, the promo code that shows on your receipt has a sku of 990003. The coupon itself reads 9900300. If the coupon wasn't scanned and the cashier miskeyed it, but then didn't work and spent some time fudging prices, I could understand it. But if this was automated, this is how I think it would've worked out:
- 20, 20, 20
- Hard coded current promo means $10 off so to split the cost of the discount, in the background it should be 15, 15, 20.
- Scan the coupon then it should be another $15 coming off so to divide that evenly that should be 10, 10, 15.
So how the hell did you end up with 7.50, 7.50, 12 and a loose dollar? It doesn't add up. I think you got lucky and the cashier screwed up.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #189
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
I'm not entirely convinced this was supposed to work out that way. Did the coupon scan in no problem an generate this result for you or did the cashier have to spend some time manually adjusting prices for you?

For one thing, the promo code that shows on your receipt has a sku of 990003. The coupon itself reads 9900300. If the coupon wasn't scanned and the cashier miskeyed it, but then didn't work and spent some time fudging prices, I could understand it. But if this was automated, this is how I think it would've worked out:
- 20, 20, 20
- Hard coded current promo means $10 off so to split the cost of the discount, in the background it should be 15, 15, 20.
- Scan the coupon then it should be another $15 coming off so to divide that evenly that should be 10, 10, 15.
So how the hell did you end up with 7.50, 7.50, 12 and a loose dollar? It doesn't add up. I think you got lucky and the cashier screwed up.
You don't seem to understand. It was buy two get one at 50% off, the Coupon for the Winter Deals is mix and match, buy any two products get the third free, so basically what happened is, he got three deluxes, it took 50% off the second and completely eliminated the third price because the coupon was for buy 2 get the third free.

50% off 19.99 is, I'm guessing just shy of 10$, which means you add 19.99 to 50% off 19.99 and then bam add taxes, 30$. It's pretty simple to see what happened there, the third item did not factor into the purchase at all because it was completely free.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #190
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
You don't seem to understand. It was buy two get one at 50% off, the Coupon for the Winter Deals is mix and match, buy any two products get the third free, so basically what happened is, he got three deluxes, it took 50% off the second and completely eliminated the third price because the coupon was for buy 2 get the third free.

50% off 19.99 is, I'm guessing just shy of 10$, which means you add 19.99 to 50% off 19.99 and then bam add taxes, 30$. It's pretty simple to see what happened there, the third item did not factor into the purchase at all because it was completely free.
No, the current deal is Buy one get one half off, not buy 2 get one half off. The coupon is buy 2 get 1 free with the condition that the freebie has to be of equal or lesser value. By your logic, that's 20, 10, and scan the coupon to wipe out the other 20. I see what you mean, but that shouldn't work. Why would they take off 20 when there's a lesser value item already available to wipe out?

It should be 20, coupon wipes out the 10, and 20. If things had worked out as intended, it should add up to $40. That's why I think this was manually entered and therefore Maple got the benefit of the cashier's screw up. YMMV.