Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 01-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
neevnav
Masterpiece
Alien Attack STF-01 Firage

Mine came today! I've only transformed him once, but initial thoughts:

- He's gorgeous, both in robot and vehicle mode
- He's complex. Like some others have said, a little too complex for the size scale. There are a lot of pieces that have to fit just so. I think after a few transformations it'll be a bit easier though. Feels a bit like ROTF Sideways or Mixmaster in that regard.
- He's fragile. I've had one screw pull through already, managed to coheres it back in, but when transforming you have to be very careful and hold him solidly to not stress other parts. The tolerances are very tight and the plastic very thin in some spots. Definitely not one you want to force.
- There's a definite gap in the rear bumper to the windshield. It's even visible in the instructions so it's not a fitment
- I understand why people aren't pulling out the wheel spokes for photos, as they are very tight. I wasn't able to get them out by hand.
- They actually molded the look of the Ferrari engine as part of his crotch so in vehicle mode it ends up under the rear glass where it should, which is a nice touch.
- He's not quite a deluxe, but close enough to fit in with that scale.

Here's some pics. I moved recently and only have LT-01 Bee and DreamFactory Leadfoot out, so those are my comparisons. Keep in mind DreamFactor Leadfoot is a touch larger then the original Deluxe. I'm going to try and dig out all of the DotM cast later this week to do some photos. Let me know if there are any specific photos anyone wants.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise
Re: Alien Attack STF-01 Firage

Been wanting to pull the trigger on this one, given the price point, I think he looks amazing. Good thing reviews are coming in now.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #3
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
Been wanting to pull the trigger on this one, given the price point, I think he looks amazing. Good thing reviews are coming in now.
Initially I want to buy it, after reading all the reviews, I think it's better to wait for a improvement on the quality, maybe next version.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #4
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Thanks for the helpful info, Neenav!
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote