Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #51
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: Trailer for G.I Joe Retaliation

^^^
I didn't read the article, but don't tell me this is G.I.Joe The Movie all over again... (phone rings) Roadblock answers "We just heard Duke's going to be all right -- yea!" (roll credits)
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #52
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
^^^
I didn't read the article, but don't tell me this is G.I.Joe The Movie all over again... (phone rings) Roadblock answers "We just heard Duke's going to be all right -- yea!" (roll credits)
Even worse. Channing Tatum is now a bonafide star and the studio is reshooting to have him in the movie more.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #53
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
So it turns out "delayed to make it more 3D" was a ruse. The real reason Retaliaiton was delayed is test audiences sure love dem some Channing Tatum!!! Derp, derp...uh, huh!
Test audiences can SUCK MY LEFT ONE! One of the reasons why I wanted to see this was much of the original cast was left out of it in favor of a new cast. Knowing that the "new and improved" film will have more Channing Tatum in it makes my desire to see it much, much LESS.
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #54
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Even worse. Channing Tatum is now a bonafide star and the studio is reshooting to have him in the movie more.
Just saw Retaliation in IMAX 3D and I'm glad to report I was wrong about the delay caused by more Tatum being wedged into the film. What they did insert into this entertaining popcorm movie was more shuriken, shrapnel and sword shards flying at your face which is not entirely a bad thing. Thankfully Adrienne "I was the only thing good about that failed Wonder Woman pilot episode" Palicki looks great upclose in 3D because The Rock sure doesn't (though the onetime "Brahma Bull" proves that he has morphed nicely into this generation's accent-free Ahnuld).

All in all it was a better outing than the previous Joe...much better than how Episode II was in comparison to The Phantom Menace. I might even say Retaliation succeeded in translating many of the source material from the cartoon into live action (better than the first movie and all of the Bayverse films combined). You want HISS tanks? You got 'em. Snake Eyes with no mouth on his mask? This time you're in luck. Cobra Commander with his proper mask? All that was missing was his Chris Latta/Starscream voice. You want a bald Roadblock shooting a BFG? Yo Joe! Sexual tension between Lady Jaye and a forgettable Flint? Hoooaah!!! Storm Shadow even runs around with swordless scabbards mounted at 45 degree angles on his back which reminded me of how I continued to play with my Storm Shadow action figure long after I lost his prized weapons.

A minor gripe I had was casting Wu-Tang alumni RZA as the Ashikarage Clan Blind Master and the weak plot point that involved Storm Shadow's "innocence". These were poorly executed and downright laughable.

But all in all a great flick to shut your mind off and enjoy. Definitely opt for IMAX 3D for maximum fun.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #55
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Storm Shadow wears adidas sneaker. Awesome!

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 03-29-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #56
laffy
Crossover

yea just got back from seeing it too and was going in not knowing what to expect, well i left with smile as its NOT anywhere near a great movie but as a toy line made into a real life movie "Happy happy happy' best part was General Joe being lady jayes dad wow was that a surprice and if you can over look reality and just sit back and enjoy you'll like it too.. One think that I can't stand after reading reviews is how so many putiting reality into these moves the cartoons never had them and looking at it though my sons 9 year old eyes he can't stop talking about how much he loved it ... makes you wonder if us old fart deserve this new movies...

Last edited by laffy; 03-30-2013 at 12:35 AM.
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #57
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

G. Hawk was Lady Jaye's dad? When did it say that?

Anyway here is the link to my spoiler heavy review on AFN:

http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...ad.php?t=13186

I didn't like the film very much. It wasn't all bad, just more bad than good.

And before someone starts screaming "hater" I actully enjoyed the first film much more. I was hoping for more of that and less of what we got.

I also hated that there was almost no non 3D option for movie goers. Had to go to a discount theater ($4 admission) to see this in 2D, and even then they only show it once per day at 3:30. I see myself going to way less movies if this treand contiues. G.I.Joe was on like 14 screen in Winnipeg, with 56 show times per day - and only two of the 56 were not in 3D by my count.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 03-30-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:23 AM   #58
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
G. Hawk was Lady Jaye's dad? When did it say that?

I didn't like the film very much. It wasn't all bad, just more bad than good.

And before someone starts screaming "hater" I actully enjoyed the first film much more. I was hoping for more of that and less of what we got.

I also hated that there was almost no non 3D option for movie goers. Had to go to a discount theater ($4 admission) to see this in 2D, and even then they only show it once per day at 3:30. I see myself going to way less movies if this treand contiues. G.I.Joe was on like 14 screen in Winnipeg, with 56 show times per day - and only two of the 56 were not in 3D by my count.
opps ment general joe my bad opps

Last edited by laffy; 03-30-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #59
laffy
Crossover

general joe is lady jayes dad?

If you focus on how general joe would not call Lady jaye by her call sign and the fact that she was not wanted by her Mia dad due to being a girl and she wanted to prove to her dad that she can do it the ponits are there.. also general joe picks her to fight with and at the very end they focus on how she is higher ranked now...
Old 03-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #60
laffy
Crossover

[QUOTE=Robimus;498588]

I read your review and though it to be great just acouple of ponits....

Storm Shadow dies in the ice cold water right in the first movie? in #2 he is showing to be able to control his heart rate and stuff and as being a ninja they can do all kinds of funky stuff like that so he in the first movie must have did the same thing and thats how he lived after seeing Storm Shadow in the water like he was is a hint to how he lived from the ice cold....

Gen joe i think was added in to help with lady jayes story line and as im reading that not many picked it up.....

killing duke sucks but prime dies too lol its a toy line hasbro has to kill of the old and bring in the new.....

now for roadblock why is he the main charater well the rock did a great job and looks and acts just like the cartoon he is what he is just like how bumble bee was made the main charater new branding.....

over all loved your thought im sure in time you may just look at it in a differnt light....