Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: TFs getting too hard to transform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
HA Leadfoot is easy to transform, his torso just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, that's the frustrating part. Many transformers are akin to a choose your own adventure novel latley. They will get you some of the way, but at the end of the day, there is no right answer and you finish the bot the way that you want.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #22
justprime
Animated

The only thing I find is that they brake easier in paticular the movie pieces they have become difficult to transform due to this factor and all the small fiddly bits internal gears etc of Mech alive
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #23
joshimus
Metroplex

For me it's the rare one I have difficulties with. Alternators Grimlock pissed me off a lot. Getting things in place just right annoys me. It's not so much that the transformation is hard, just tedius. Then take something like HA Jazz, a figure I LOVE as well as enjoy transforming him, so much so that I bought a second one to keep mib should I ever break mine. Leader Starscream is the same for me. I find him a lot of fun transform as well. ROTF leader Prime sucked to transform simply because too much had to lock into place before you can continue to the next step. This is what I feel is the biggest issue with TF's at the moment, not so much that the toys are hard to transform, just tedius with lining up panels just right or pegging parts into so many different spots to hold the figure together, things like that.
Then again, maybe it's me.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #24
asanjuan62
Generation 1

The one thing that I miss about about the G1 days is that I made the transforming sound effects while doing the transformation. I SO can not do that anymore. Ahh the good old days...
asanjuan62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #25
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
I know I don't want to transform my ROTF leader Prime ever again.
Amen to that. I agree with everyone here that they are becoming increasingly diificult depending on the line. I have no issues with most of the generations releases but the movie vesrse line can be quite the pain without instructions and the occasional youtube video. For me the two worst to have to transform lately have been ROTF Leader Optimus and DOTM Leader Sentinel. His feet are a pain as were trying to line up each panel. They stay in bot mode from now on.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #26
chans formers
raff ow roud

i find it all went down hill and harder during dotm,specifically the deluxes and leaders.....ok,just prime and jetfire combo.
tftm07 bots weren't near as hard or oragami like.
i miss "block-formers";p
Old 11-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #27
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I agree they've been getting more complicated, and some have been singled out already as being particularly difficult to transform, and totally unsuitable for children.

In my own mind, transformers should be simple enough to transform that a fan should be able to figure it out, eventually, without resorting to the instructions. The transformations can be complex, but should be intuitive.

In terms of Hasbro's target market I would suggest their transformation difficulty should probably be based on: How many times does kid need to get mom/dad to transform it or give up. Ideally within the first half dozen or so transformations a kid should be able to transform the figure without assistance and without instructions.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #28
Bountyan
Cybertron

I like the transformations that are simple but accomplish a lot. I find myself fiddling with those figures more than the ones that are super complex for the sake of being super complex.

See: Most of the Animated toyline.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #29
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
I like the transformations that are simple but accomplish a lot. I find myself fiddling with those figures more than the ones that are super complex for the sake of being super complex.

See: Most of the Animated toyline.
my thoughts exactly.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #30
Hylo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Hasbro addresses the complaint of difficult transformations with different lines like the Rescue Bot, PCC, activators, gravity bots, etc.
I disagree with this completely. The Rescue bots are aimed at preschoolers, the others aren't. At the point it becomes for most kids ages 6 and up, it's about price, the price points are what it is then, not difficulty.

That's like saying kids can't be fans of regular Deluxes and leaders because it takes a 4th year engineering student to transform it so screw them.

The movie line is a prime example of a line that is overly complicated.
Hylo is offline   Reply With Quote