Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
killmister
Back to TF after 25 years
KM-05 Cyclops - Your thoughts?

Just got mine from Automaton.

I won't go throught an intensive review (at least by now). To be honest, I'm really excited and a little deceived at the same time.

Mine got some stress marks, and some parts look really weak (last time I was afraid of breaking a TF was with MP Megatron). To me, it looks like plastic thickness is about great for a voyager, but used on a leader class toy, if you see what I'm talking about. Plus, I got a defective ankle guard from factory (hope I can glue it back in place).

Nevertheless, I have to admit I really like the mold. A real colossus with a pretty interesting transformation (I like leader ROTF OP for that).

So, I like it, but won't "play" with it too much (i.e. put it in display, period). I will for sure be interested by the coming ones (seekers, insecticons), but with some possible little weakness in mind.

What's your opinion on that one?
killmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: KM-05 Cyclops - Your thoughts?

There are some minor design flaws (easy to break tabs), it's sometimes a little fiddly between modes, but it looks absolutely fantastic in both modes. Not something you play with, more something you transform occasionally and admire.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Vangelus did a really great review of it over on the Allspark. He highlighted some of the flaws, even showing that he had broken off two of the tabs from the bottom of the boat.

Apparently the company; whose name escapes me at the moment, has said that they will be removing the above tabs from the mold on facebook.

I do want this figure but $200 is a lot of money.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
killmister
Back to TF after 25 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Apparently the company; whose name escapes me at the moment, has said that they will be removing the above tabs from the mold on facebook.
So, the 1st run buyers get an imperfect version, and pay full price??? KInd of remember me of Takara MP Roddy 1st version.

At least, MakeToys and TFC gave replacement parts to their customers when they found out some flaws. Maybe KM may learn from it and do the same... I hope it will and up like this.
killmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

^Wouldn't work with that toy because of the way it's assembled.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

I love mine, just like Vangelus' cyclops, I broke one of the 2 tabs that he broke. I LOVE the complexity of the transformation, but I'm having REALLY FUCKING HARD TIME closing the panels underneath the boat once I transform him back into the boat... like they dont want to clip too good together, that and I dont want to break anything so I dont "force" the tabs together.

the other thing I dont like about him is the waist/thighs articulations... they feel loose... I would like to find a screw in the region somewhere which will tighten the joints but I cant seem to find anything...

otherwise, its a real piece of art. I love everything else about it.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
joshimus
Metroplex

I just watched Vangelus's review on the smaller one and DAMN MAN. So much articulation and detail and parts on such a small figure. Evac is exceptionally basic while Shockdrone is full of intricate detail and transformation.
Hasbro is really missing out on a great opportunity.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
wedge1021
Energon

I am really in love with mine. It really is beautiful and stands in perfectly as a MP Shockwave. And the mini-sub version is very detailed. I didn't get either of the Optimus or Megatron figures from this series but it might be worth a peek.

My only concerns about the figure are that it is really heavy at each extremity, and there are only small and thin hinges holding it all together in the centre. So it can be difficult to transform with only 2 hands, having to support each section to ensure something doesn't flop over and break the thing in half. Also, the hinges in the hull panels / "wings" are very tight and require a lot of TLC while transforming.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #9
wedge1021
Energon

Anyone who has this discovered an issue with the right forearm coming off? As in, when I pull/extend the right forearm / bow of the ship, the entire component pulls right off the elbow joint assembly. As far as I can tell, it's not broken or anything, it just slides right off... I can put it back on easy enough, however it sits loose enough in the extended position that attempts to adjust the elbow joint require/cause the forearm to be removed first.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
joshimus
Metroplex

I've been debating this guy for awhile now, and in all honesty, I want the mini shockwave moreso than the large figure. Both look fantastic, but for the price and the fact that I really don't "need" it, I have to pass it up....but I still want the mini shockwave
I should just make one. I have the 3D program to do it. Blah...
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote