Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #21
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Any word on Generations Scourge, Kup, T-crackah?

They might also put the rest of the Generations line with the upcoming Prime toys depending on how many Prime toys they are releasing.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #22
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

There will probably be some of the later wave Generations at TFcon. And if you're not able to attend TFcon, I have a feeling they'll probably pop up eventually, probably at clearance price, much like the later waves of Universe 2.0 voyagers. So don't be surprised if you walk into your local WalMart in 3 or 4 months time and find tons and tons of Kups, Wheeljacks, Thundercrackers, Scourges, and Warpaths at like $5 a piece. Just be patient.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #23
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
There will probably be some of the later wave Generations at TFcon. And if you're not able to attend TFcon, I have a feeling they'll probably pop up eventually, probably at clearance price, much like the later waves of Universe 2.0 voyagers. So don't be surprised if you walk into your local WalMart in 3 or 4 months time and find tons and tons of Kups, Wheeljacks, Thundercrackers, Scourges, and Warpaths at like $5 a piece. Just be patient.
that is usually what happens, in couple month time the thought to be rare toys eventually come in waves. Hasbro's not going to waste those molds and make a select few, they are in it for mass market and profit.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #24
tusko
Classic

Sorry for sounding all huffy, its just I want a "Tusko store" which is stocked with everything I want and none of the junk which needs to be sifted through. Unreasonable I know!

I'm fully expecting these figures to show up at Giant Tiger for $5 or be a mega Walmart endcap of out of date goodness. I just don't want to order it from an online retailer, as awesome as they are; I don't want this hobby to go that route. Dunno if that makes sense. Japanese stuff, sure; third party stuff, no problem - you need a special outfit to import and distribute that stuff. But run of the mill figures at the end of a wave? Come on, get that shit on the shelves if its been out for months in the US 2-3 hours away for most of us.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #25
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

After being frustrated with retail, I went online. Every Genreration figure I wanted I was able to find for cheaper than retail even including shipping. Don't forget the two tanks of fuel I would have wasted driving around town finding nothing over the last few months.

We all have different ways of collecting. I prefer to have mine delivered to me. The only figures I passed on were the United Frenzy/Rumble. I still have faith that these will see North America.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #26
sachiel_ca
Beasty

I was hoping to see Kup through Warpath on shelves to because I like so many of us love the hunt. But I ordered the case online, and I'm glad I got them when I did (and overall the figures were cheaper then they would have been at retail), but I do understand the frustration tusko is talking about. With spotty distribution and strange releasing schedules it can feel like trying to win the lottery just to find some figures. But all a part of the hobby I guess.

Good luck to us all.
sachiel_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #27
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
After being frustrated with retail, I went online. Every Genreration figure I wanted I was able to find for cheaper than retail even including shipping. Don't forget the two tanks of fuel I would have wasted driving around town finding nothing over the last few months.

We all have different ways of collecting. I prefer to have mine delivered to me. The only figures I passed on were the United Frenzy/Rumble. I still have faith that these will see North America.
Although I never got frustrated with retail, seeing as I got lucky on a lot of hunts (one ex. windcharger in Nov. @ retail), I knew my luck would run out soon so I went the online route. Like you I got all my RTS/Generations cheaper then I would have then buying here from retail. I do love the hunt but with gas prices the way they are I have no desire to waste my TF money driving around.

I made a few connections on TFW and went in on some cases to get all mine. Only missing what has yet to be released so, Rumble. Grrr.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #28
tusko
Classic

Thank you all for your experiences, thoughts and suggestions.

DOTM doesn't interest me.... so I'm waiting a bit more for some retail revelation with an eye on the sightings threads.

Good luck to all!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #29
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Ya, i've given up on retail. Even US retail. They have the same lack of figures we do. I even gave up on the BBTS case order and cancelled my pre-order. I'm sure it will all show up eventually but I just don't want to hope anymore. I'm just going to wait for the best Wheeljack and Scourge deals I can find so Classics will be put to rest for this round.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #30
juxtapose519
Robot Master

I don't mind the hunt, despite gas prices. I don't mind having to go to several different stores over several weeks to find everything I want. It's exciting. The problem is when certain toys are in such short supply that you can't find them anywhere no matter how hard you try.

I feel sorry for the people paying $50+ for Windcharger on ebay because they can't be sure they'll ever see him for less. That's not to say they won't show up eventually, but sometimes it's just not worth the risk. I was never able to find a Universe Wheelie and it still bugs me to this day.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote