Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #31
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!
Re: Something to consider for future premium guests.

In defence of the ones who only have X amount to spent. I would like to weigh in.

I have been both sides of that card. Sometimes 20 dollars a week is a tough thing to do, particularily when you are getting pelted by fees here, there and everywhere. I would put 10% of my pay into savings + tipouts. I work in a restaurant. But when times get tough, the industry gets slow, sometimes you are unable to put aside more than 5 dollars a week if that. When there are more pressing concerns, being able to put 20 dollars a week is a tough job.

And Anyone who bounces on the "can't afford to save, then don't go." hear me out. Its once a year. And to scratch together 100 dollars plus entry fee for one day is a treat. And people on the poor side of the coin deserve to enjoy a treat once in a while as their more well off neighbours.

Its not poor money management skills when the rent in your area is going up, food costs go up. minimum wages go up faster than your own and when you were well ahead of the minimum you find yourself getting closer to that bar. Not saying the increase in minimum wage is bad, but when your own wages do not increase in kind... it kinda sucks.

So money management is not always the thing. And yes, I do not own a car, no car payments, car insurances, gas, maintanance. I bike or public transit (although buses cost me far too much per ride.) I do not have a Cable TV or a TV. I cannot find a better rent cost right now. I recently went back to college to better myself and that is a huge thing I have to pay off. As for my phone, Once I am out of the contract, I will probably drop it. I don't use cell all that much for it to be worth it. Home phone we are already at basic.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #32
Gumby
Beasty

Well said, Sunstar.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #33
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

thanks. Just going through a rather tight spot.... I broke a tooth on a carrot and had to get a root canal this week. And my husband had to get a root canal last month. Not to mention I had several problems creep up over the past few months. bicycle needed serious repair - and that had to come out of the money I saved for TFcon.

edit: its like my life knows I had saved money and suddenly it all wants to dip into the pot.

Evil Chefticon

Last edited by Sunstar; 05-06-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:15 PM   #34
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I never said that it was easy to put it away and i do not make 90 grand a year and i do have bill rent and unexpected thing happen as well if it came down to i did not have enough for the cullen ticket i would not get it. I would still go and just suck it up that is the breaks

also it kind of makes my point that if there was another option say $100 one just for the meet and greet plus admission then you wouldn't be able to get it it's not like they're just going to give it away for like $25
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #35
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby
As far as the "What if it was Welker?" comparison, if things were the exact same, I'm sure people would have the same questions/concerns/suggestions.
And answers and suggestions as to why it is the way it is would still be the same as well.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #36
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
also it kind of makes my point that if there was another option say $100 one just for the meet and greet plus admission then you wouldn't be able to get it it's not like they're just going to give it away for like $25
If I could get it for 100 dollars as opposed to 150 I'd prefer it because the 50 is the weekend pass, and as a result, I have spent 50 dollars too much not realising that I should have held off buying the tickets. I did not understand that the cullen tickets INCLUDED weekend. I read (and clearly misunderstood) somewhere that it had to be bought with weekend passes. This means I have to find someone to buy the pass off me at the convention and hope to get my 50 back. I would love to have the option to purchase a second signature - even on site. I would be okay with that at 50 or so. It would be for my mother who loves that donkey.

Evil Chefticon
Old 05-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #37
Gumby
Beasty

Quote:
Okay say there was another option say option B) Cullens Sig for $100+ admission. Would you still pay for it ?
So the Cullen signature plus a one day admission for $100? Of course I would (as well as others, I'm sure).

That would break down to $80 for the signature with $20 for admission. Sure, $80 is a bit more than I would like to pay for a Peter Cullen autograph but it wouldn't be out of the question either and it's much better than the $160 I'm paying for it now.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:10 PM   #38
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I think he means you'd pay $100 for the cullen experience and you'd also pay for the admission for the day so it would be $100 plus $30 or $20 for the admission for that single day.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #39
Gumby
Beasty

In that case, eeh, $130 is still a bit much but better than $160.

Keep in mind that we are only talking about the signature and admission here and not the other bells and whistles.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:40 AM   #40
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

the 100 is not the issue with me though, its how I got so confused I ended up with an extra weekend pass.

Evil Chefticon