Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2016, 02:59 AM   #1
Protoman
Hot Rod/Rodimus Fanboy
Protoman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal (Iacon)
Posts: 9,569
Cool Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

IT'S HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAxzemB3ob8
__________________
TFcon Staff Grand knowledge of all things Transformers
[{o}] Till all are One
Protoman on YOUTUBE - Proto Retro http://www.youtube.com/user/ProtoRetro
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Slave's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Hochelag, Quebec
Posts: 846
Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

been waiting for this one
__________________
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #3
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
jjwankenobi's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gernsback Continuum, B.C.
Posts: 5,029
Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

Warning: Rodimi Landslide ahead!



Agree with you. He's great but not perfect. Leagues better than MP09.

Woulda been great if accessories were his yellow lightsaber and shield instead of the fishing rod. Matrix chamber was unnecessary. The pop out vents on his backpack are a nice touch. Reminds me of TFA Prowl's jetpack. Truthfully, he reminds me of deluxe TFA Rodimus more than anything.
__________________

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:44 PM   #4
Protoman
Hot Rod/Rodimus Fanboy
Protoman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal (Iacon)
Posts: 9,569
Cool Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post

Woulda been great if accessories were his yellow lightsaber and shield instead of the fishing rod. Matrix chamber was unnecessary.
Training Lightsaber
Training Shield
Daniel with Hoverboard
Fishing Pole
Wielding hand
Buzzsaw
Energon Goodies

That is my perfect accessory set. Go big or go home
__________________
TFcon Staff Grand knowledge of all things Transformers
[{o}] Till all are One
Protoman on YOUTUBE - Proto Retro http://www.youtube.com/user/ProtoRetro
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
jjwankenobi's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gernsback Continuum, B.C.
Posts: 5,029
Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Training Lightsaber
Training Shield
Daniel with Hoverboard
Fishing Pole
Wielding hand
Buzzsaw
Energon Goodies

That is my perfect accessory set. Go big or go home
Add one Auto-combatant that lights up and says "Bzzzzt...time out, time OUT!!!" and you've got the whole shebangin' chimichanga.
__________________

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:28 PM   #6
wervenom
Fortress Maximus
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
wervenom's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Woodbridge, On
Posts: 5,031
Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

Great review as always and by bringing in the other "Rodimi" I started to check out my own for the some comparisons you made (not that I have anywhere near that many lol) but I was curious about one thing just slightly off topic. I went through the play list you have but noticed there was no review for Carry and was curious if you had it and what your thoughts are on it? Particularly since you had mentioned the 3rd party companies potentially taking Hot Rod to the level you would like to see.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:35 PM   #7
Protoman
Hot Rod/Rodimus Fanboy
Protoman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal (Iacon)
Posts: 9,569
Cool Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Great review as always and by bringing in the other "Rodimi" I started to check out my own for the some comparisons you made (not that I have anywhere near that many lol) but I was curious about one thing just slightly off topic. I went through the play list you have but noticed there was no review for Carry and was curious if you had it and what your thoughts are on it? Particularly since you had mentioned the 3rd party companies potentially taking Hot Rod to the level you would like to see.
I do own Carry just never did a review. Carry was perfect and everything the OX design by Obari of Rodimus Convoy in the 2010 Mangas were.

My videos are not about Youtube hits or reviewing the latest items but toys that have something to be discussed. All my choices are mostly based on history or engineering not "What's hot right now so I can get a easy click"

As you saw, it was a 30 minute video covering EVERYTHING.
__________________
TFcon Staff Grand knowledge of all things Transformers
[{o}] Till all are One
Protoman on YOUTUBE - Proto Retro http://www.youtube.com/user/ProtoRetro
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #8
wervenom
Fortress Maximus
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
wervenom's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Woodbridge, On
Posts: 5,031
Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I do own Carry just never did a review. Carry was perfect and everything the OX design by Obari of Rodimus Convoy in the 2010 Mangas were.

My videos are not about Youtube hits or reviewing the latest items but toys that have something to be discussed. All my choices are mostly based on history or engineering not "What's hot right now so I can get a easy click"

As you saw, it was a 30 minute video covering EVERYTHING.
Fully understandable with not reviewing everything that hits the market, I just thought with Carry being a Rodimus so to speak that you might have done one that I didn't see. If for no other reason I like my son to see your Rodimus reviews as he is very much the "Rodimus fan boy" of the next generation
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #9
Protoman
Hot Rod/Rodimus Fanboy
Protoman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal (Iacon)
Posts: 9,569
Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Fully understandable with not reviewing everything that hits the market, I just thought with Carry being a Rodimus so to speak that you might have done one that I didn't see. If for no other reason I like my son to see your Rodimus reviews as he is very much the "Rodimus fan boy" of the next generation
Hot Rod in a sense for 1986 was the "next generation"

Heck, when they are pushing the "launcher" to attack Devastator in the TF:TM, it's a clear 1986 product shot
__________________
TFcon Staff Grand knowledge of all things Transformers
[{o}] Till all are One
Protoman on YOUTUBE - Proto Retro http://www.youtube.com/user/ProtoRetro
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #10
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Darth Cylon's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VanCougar
Posts: 4,899
Re: Protoman Review: Masterpiece Hot Rod MP-28 Hot Rodimus Takara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post

Woulda been great if accessories were his yellow lightsaber and shield instead of the fishing rod. Matrix chamber was unnecessary.
But keep in mind MP-28 is supposed to be Hot Rod so he only gets his accessories when he was Hot Rod during the movie BEFORE he became the Spance Winnebago.

It was after he became Rodimus PRIME that he wielded the lightsaber and shield in season 3.

But Hot Rod would still have Matrix chamber. (He can't become Rodimus Prime without one)
__________________
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
masterpiece

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Transformers Shopping










Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.

Transformers on eBay.ca!
Transformers
Transformers Takara Scourge Ratbat Blitzwing Cyclonus Sweep Darkwing Universe G1
Transformers
Kenner 1987 M.A.S.K MASK Dynamo MIB Boxed Bruce Stato Split Seconds
Transformers
Vintage Transformers Toy Lot G1
Transformers
Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series II Starscream New Sealed 2002
Transformers
Transformers Steeljaw, Ramhorn & Overkill Mini-Cassette G1
Transformers
Transformers Botcon Collectors Club Rhinox Rampage Depth Charge Obsidian Beast

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.