Thanks, guys! He can almost hold tapes (he had the look and feel down--as I said in response to a comment on another site, just call him Megawave). lol
Here are some new updates since last night. Any of you that may have seen the old WIP on this before, I've gone back and sanded the chest down (removing the gray primer I had done as a test to see how it could look) and I worked on the head some. I cut the extra bit that bent in the middle of the forehead (just look at the original Classics Megatron to know what I'm talking about). I wanted the helmet more smooth like the old G1 Megatron 'toon look (and most of the artwork we continually see). I also cut down his protruding chin a bit to make it more flat (not smooth, but I may do more). I also cut that "V" shape off that came down between his eyes--making this MUCH more G1-styled now. The shoulders I'm still not sure about--I'll either add some shapes from thin sheet styrene and/or carve some panel lines into it. I decided to change the fist back to its original state and instead, decided to make the fusion cannon removable (like G1 Megs). I did this the same way I did the wings--cut a small notch around the pin so that it now snaps back in when I want to go alt mode with it. now the arm can move and pose much better than before.
I'm considering shaving down the odd circle like section on the side of the fusion cannon (including the Decepticon logo there) so that it will be more trim and not so bulky. BUT, does anyone know if this piece is hollow inside? Either way, I'll more than likely fill it with putty or some thin sheet styrene. I also quickly painted the fusion cannon in flat black (I may go gloss, who knows). I was basically testing to see if I'd like it or not. It has some scuffs and scratches and will definitely be painted again. I also took the front piece off and painted the clear green section with Testors Model Master Acryl Clear Red (also did the back end of the cannon and the eyes, but I then went over the eyes with Testors Acryl Red Gloss so now the eyes sort of glow around the edges when a light source is directly behind it). I also build up the crotchular region and plan to add (or try to) some styrene to the sides to make it more G1-like (only bad thing is those parts might be add-ons or armor bits since the transformation hinges on those hip joints).
Before anyone mentions it, yes, I cut off the trigger because I was originally planning completely different shoulders and gun tips, but I've gone back to the original look (sort of). I plan to build a new trigger from styrene later). Also, the Decepticon symbol/sticker on his chest is not permanent (it's an old one that still had some sticky to it, so I stuck it on to get a feel for how the chest would look with the styrene I've built up on to it and all). I'm going for a silver paint job for the chest (and arms and all). The legs have been painted up to mimmick G1 Megatron (again, to get a feel for the figure as a whole). I do NOT plan on keeping them red on the insides like this--I plan to paint them black and possibly Dark Grey (Tamiya), with some red highlights (a small amount that will be end up on both sides). Still now sure how I'll do those yet though.
Anyway, enough rambling--enjoy the new WIP shots and shoot me some feedback, guys.