Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #11
Mavet
Re: Transformers The Movie Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
I'm not sure were your getting this from as people in the US are having just as much trouble finding the score at retail/online as we are. The Canadian and US release date and distribution are the same so this isn't a case of Canada getting the shaft.
Well, I gathered as much from what I'm reading here and elsewhere, but that's what the person I spoke to at HMV told me. I still have yet to hear of a single instance of a person walking into a store in CANADA and finding a copy of the score for sale. I know that they're HARD to find in the US, but at least they have SOME!
Mavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #12
Nightbeat

Thanks to everyone for posting on this in any case. I was worried I was the only person who was having problems finding any info or finding the score.

Time to go hit up itunes for it. Second soundtrack in 2 weeks I've had to get off of it.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #13
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

I'm waiting to see if I can find in stores. From some of the reviews I've read the sound quality is supposed to be really good, iTunes' 128bit is just not good enough, for now I might just search the torrent sites to find a 320bit version.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #14
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
I'm waiting to see if I can find in stores. From some of the reviews I've read the sound quality is supposed to be really good, iTunes' 128bit is just not good enough, for now I might just search the torrent sites to find a 320bit version.
Totally....128 bit is fine for a set of stereo headphones but would completely blow on a home theater for that type of music.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #15
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
This is beginning to sound like Retailer idiocy. You mean to tell me no one had the foresight to think this would be a hot ticket item? I call BS on all stores who say they don't have it in their system, it DOES exist after all.

its not a hot ticket item. Only hardcore fans knows it exists. All the employees at those places think the score is the same as the various artists soundtrack.

HMV has never really carried Motion Picture Scores unless it is a "wide release item". And even if you wanna get it in, you'd have to special order it in because they consider it an "import CD". Canadians can usually end up paying $24.99 to $34.99 for one of these CD scores.

I used to buy scores from Varese Saraband and every single time I would have to special order it. I paid $30+ for the Crimson Tide score. And the entire store only had 1 copy.

Its not a surprise that those places don't carry it. Hell, the Bad Boys score (another Michael Bay film) only had a limited production run of 3000 units and that is completely different from the various artists soundtrack. Because scores are less purchased by the general public who appreciates vocal music more.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #16
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

The direct link to HMV.ca is: http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/dis...do?sku=1216875
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #17
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban-samurai View Post
its not a hot ticket item. Only hardcore fans knows it exists. All the employees at those places think the score is the same as the various artists soundtrack.

HMV has never really carried Motion Picture Scores unless it is a "wide release item". And even if you wanna get it in, you'd have to special order it in because they consider it an "import CD". Canadians can usually end up paying $24.99 to $34.99 for one of these CD scores.

I used to buy scores from Varese Saraband and every single time I would have to special order it. I paid $30+ for the Crimson Tide score. And the entire store only had 1 copy.

Its not a surprise that those places don't carry it. Hell, the Bad Boys score (another Michael Bay film) only had a limited production run of 3000 units and that is completely different from the various artists soundtrack. Because scores are less purchased by the general public who appreciates vocal music more.

Whoever produced the original soundtrack should have included the music tracks too then, Transformers music is akin to Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, a huge interest in it is there from the fanbase and even casual music lovers.
Most movie Soundtracks are usually only vocals, but films with orchestral songs such as the above mentioned get wider releases... I think. I haven't baught a score in a while, heck I still want RotS.

Who the hell wants a bunch of crap vocals that aren't even important to the film? They only came out of Bumblebee's radio in snippets or were featured slightly during the Bee/Cade chase sequence if memory serves.

The only vocals should have been the NEW theme (Autobot's Watching over You.), Black Lab's take on the original Lion theme and Mute Math's theme because they were theme songs for Transformers.

It's bad enough I have to buy Technologie to get one damn track if I want to, but now I have to play search through the massive haystack for the needle just to get the score from a film that unlike 90% of other slag films out there had a decent musical accompaniment that I want.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #18
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I found several US retailers that have it in stock (unlike Amazon) and they will ship to Canada for a good price:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...24992196&itm=1

[Use the following code at checkout for 10% OFF: E9J4X7C]

I also found www.cdconnection.com, which apparently ships from California for around $4.23:

https://www.cdconnection.com/bin/nph...=0&source=none
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #19
dak
Master Creator

amazon.ca has it: http://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-Or...2006159&sr=1-1
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:43 AM   #20
darthrage
Beast Machine

oh my god, that is lame!! originally it delivers in 1 to 3 weeks.

I just checked again and now it deliverss in 4 to 6 weeks.