Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #21
Omegatron
Gen 1
Re: Think I'm Done with Hasbro + TRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
where there's a will there's a way......
where there's a wallet there's a way
*fixed
Where there's a wife, there sometimes isn't a way.

Don't get me wrong she's supportive of me and the hobby and I lover her dearly, but sometimes paying more for shipping than the item is worth is really hard to defend.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #22
Scowly Prowl
Calculating variables...

I'm sorry to hear that you're having supply side issues. That's always a bummer with this hobby. At least with bricks and mortar, over time, you will save on shipping. I'm more or less stuck with navigating the world of shipping and logistics!
Scowly Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #23
TRUCKvsGUN

Update: I'm not done with Hasbro + TRU. With Takara now releasing identical products to Hasbro's, importing their stuff got a lot less attractive. So much for my conviction.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #24
predahank
Storing is hoarding

TrU might be done with us
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #25
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
Update: I'm not done with Hasbro + TRU. With Takara now releasing identical products to Hasbro's, importing their stuff got a lot less attractive. So much for my conviction.
I’m hoping QC is better from Takara.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #26
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not quitting the hobby. I think I'm just going to order TT offerings from AE and the like going forward. They'll cost me twice as much but I expect will come with half the frustration. Do you guys think that's a fair trade off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
Ever since CW started I've been buying Takara figures almost exclusively. After the POTP price hike it's going to end up being cheaper for me too.
I dont really get it, we are all talking about Grotusque and Arcee right? Takara hasnt released them, so there is no option of simply getting the Takara version.

And as Scrapmaker updated, there is currently 0 incentive to get Takara now that both companies are releasing the exact same toys for all lines (including MP). Canada sucks with exclusives, I hate it too, but those are Hasbro exclusives so Takara cant help and Canada is pretty good at mainline releases for the most part (better than the US, which skipped a bunch of waves in 2017 across all lines). So I dont see how ordering from Takara solves any of the problems being discussed.

What I do is this, I become friends with americans on message boards (TFW, Seibertron) and I exchange the service of finding them toys that the US skipped with their service of finding me exclusive toys that Canada skips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
Im sure takara will eventually release the grostesque mold. No way theyre not gonna maximaze profits of toys.
But they have, time and time again. Takara still hasnt released their version of Beast Hunters Megatron

Or Generations Crosscut.

Or any of the liokaiser components

Or TR Sky Shadow

Or RID Bludgeon

and so on and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I have a bad feeling that the TRU.com release WAS the "normal retail release".
It was.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 04-12-2018 at 10:32 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:47 AM   #27
TRUCKvsGUN

Yeah, for a while there during TR/Legends both Hasbro and Takara were offering figures that the other weren't and I bought from both in order to get all the figures. I can now have Sky Shadow battle Lio Convoy if I were so inclined and had the time. It sucks that we're left with fewer options.

Anyway, my update wasn't so much to lament the recent convergence of Hastak releases as to publicly acknowledge that yes, I am stepping down from my soapbox of righteous nerdrage. After all the hyperbole and anger I've been reading on TFW boards, I wanna let go of my own, shrug off the embarrassment from things I've written, and move on.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime

Last edited by TRUCKvsGUN; 04-13-2018 at 12:50 AM.
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #28
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

I have a question.

Some background first. I live in Surrey BC so I'm about 20min drive from the border and order stuff all the time and have it delivered to the US for pickup.

Question: How common is it for the boardies to ship to the border for pickup? Is the distance the issue or traffic at the border? I'm particularly curious as to how common this is in southern Ontario.

Here, if you go at a good time it's only 15min max wait during the middle of the week but a car is pretty much a must.