Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2008, 01:59 AM   #11
niteowl
Machine War
Re: More problems with eBay

its not right what he did,
but he may not have intend any malice.
the automated shipping system with ebay
is ALWAYS being tinkered with.
and its is ALWAYS confusing.

the seller is a human being,
and is probably as pissed
of about this as you are.

in the end compromise is best.
try to meet him half way with the shipping.
if you want the items misb,
the friendlier you are the more misb
they will show up,
simply because they might take more care packing
your item.

and just image if you were in his shoes,
he might be trying to make ends meet with his auctions,
and made a rookie mistake,
and now he faces the possibility of negative feedback,
screwing him for the rest of his auctions.

and if one day you needed to sell your stuff,
and you made a similar mistake,
but lets say it was a 30$ difference in shipping,
how would you want the situation handled?

still you are well within your rights to post a complaint with ebay.
you are also well within your rights to post negative feedback.
and a seller must honor his commitments.

sorry i just looked at this,
and its really long.

Last edited by niteowl; 07-09-2008 at 07:09 AM.
niteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #12
J.Soundwave
Beast Machine

Niteowl i thought that was a poem before i read it I swear...besides that good for you man, ive had similar troubles on ebay before and just like just had to stick it out and fight for what was right!!!! lol...I remember buying "TF the ultimate guide" and it was listed/pictured as in mint condition and hardcover, to say the least i was a little peeved when a totally different paperback version with scratches and dents all over it arrived. I had to fuss with the seller for about a week (with later messages getting a little angry, i really felt he was in the wrong on this one)and finally one day he just didnt message me back, instead he refunded my payment shipping and all...free book so whateves.
J.Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #13
Haggis
Kilted Crusader

Like everyone says he made teh mistake. I constantly get boned on shipping when i sell items becuase the quotes i get online (canadapost.ca) never match what the post office charges me. But i suck it up. and just don't use the online quote anymore.

"There is no greater high then cracking open a new figure"
"Freedom is the right of all MISB beings"
"Baby, I'm greatness, greatness claid in plaid"
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #14
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Like everyone says he made teh mistake. I constantly get boned on shipping when i sell items becuase the quotes i get online (canadapost.ca) never match what the post office charges me. But i suck it up. and just don't use the online quote anymore.
This is where I've run into problems as well. The online quote from Canadapost.ca is not the same as the charges. Now, I find myself adding a few bucks as padding (just in case). I really don't understand why the system is so off on things.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #15
Mumps
Canadian Slag

when writing to somebody like that, don't use words lile u and ur and @, it makes you look bad. If I was dealing with somebody and they sent me an email with that type of wording, I would laugh and ignore it.

But in the end, I do agree with you. He shouldn't be complaining, it was his mistake, he can suck it up.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #16
devilsknight
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
when writing to somebody like that, don't use words lile u and ur and @, it makes you look bad. If I was dealing with somebody and they sent me an email with that type of wording, I would laugh and ignore it.

But in the end, I do agree with you. He shouldn't be complaining, it was his mistake, he can suck it up.
I did that to shorten the message...i was over the limit of what I could write ?!

Anyways point of this post. Guess what ?! 14 days later...nothing. I have received stuff from Australia and England that I paid for after.

Soooo opened up a Paypal case this morning, apparently he knew I was going to pull this (I don't know what I am pulling...he was the one who tried to rip me off) LOL...he has some proof of billing ?! Whatever that means, hope it shows my address...cause if it doesn't it don't mean shit !

Ugh...let the games begin !
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #17
jourdo

Did you pay with funds out of your paypal or from your credit card? You always have the options of making a claim through your credit card company. Also for kicks you can report his ass to the online fraud division of the authorities (this never goes anywhere, but it is fun to let them know you have done it).

EDIT: Also, I have had things take even longer from the US to Canada. So, 14 days is not that bad... yet.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #18
devilsknight
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Did you pay with funds out of your paypal or from your credit card? You always have the options of making a claim through your credit card company. Also for kicks you can report his ass to the online fraud division of the authorities (this never goes anywhere, but it is fun to let them know you have done it).

EDIT: Also, I have had things take even longer from the US to Canada. So, 14 days is not that bad... yet.
Good question where the $ came from I'll have to check.

Yah I opened the case mostly to scare him a little. But that fraud thing should get his attention plus be funny all at the same time.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
jourdo

Here are the links for you:

(Canada) https://www.recol.ca/intro.aspx?lang=en

(USA) http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Old 07-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #20
Batman
The Dark Knight

Personally, I probably would have just paid his ass because it is like $6.67 and I would rather give some stupid prick his money than have the motherfu#$er wreck my stuff out of spite just to piss me off. I guess he offered to ship your stuff loose because that way he could put it in a bubble mailer and it would only cost him a couple of bucks.

My advice is if you see something too good to be true on ebay, it probably is. That 3 pack comes in a pretty big package, and I don't think you could ship it in Canada for less than $4, let alone across the border. Almost anything I ever get from the US costs at least $10 shipping. I agree the fu#$er should give it to you at the price you won it for though. Stay away from auctions that charge you too little or way too much for shipping (shipping $2 for a supreme figure, shipping $60 for a deluxe figure) for the item you purchased. Its just not worth the headaches and the hassle.

It also comes down to if you feel like being nice or not. If you accidentally sent $80 through paypal instead of $8, wouldn't you want your $72 back without going through all of the red tape? How would you feel if the guy was like, well he made a mistake, not me so it's not my problem. Just something to think about.