Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-13-2016, 12:58 AM   #191
jiujitsu30
Mini-Con
Re: MP-29 Shockwave... Shipping/Release Speculation and Enthusiasm Thread

I'm in the exact same position as Ozrein. I ordered from Amiami, got EMS shipping confirmation on the 30th, shipped out around 4pm on the 1st Japan time, so late Thursday night our time.

I tried getting in touch with Canada Post but never actually talked to anyone, so I emailed Amiami, and they told me they won't open a trace with Japan Post until 4 weeks go by.

I'm at least a little relieved that I'm not alone - that at least confirms my feeling that it's not lost, just horribly delayed. Do you think there's any chance for a reimbursement on the shipping fees?
jiujitsu30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:03 AM   #192
monishb
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiujitsu30 View Post
I'm in the exact same position as Ozrein. I ordered from Amiami, got EMS shipping confirmation on the 30th, shipped out around 4pm on the 1st Japan time, so late Thursday night our time.

I tried getting in touch with Canada Post but never actually talked to anyone, so I emailed Amiami, and they told me they won't open a trace with Japan Post until 4 weeks go by.

I'm at least a little relieved that I'm not alone - that at least confirms my feeling that it's not lost, just horribly delayed. Do you think there's any chance for a reimbursement on the shipping fees?

I just called canada post to setup a investigation to find out if it's here. We didn't go SAL. We used EMS. Call canada post and demand a supervisor to look into the matter. The more that call the likelihood is higher they investigate locally.
monishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:35 AM   #193
jiujitsu30
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by monishb View Post
I just called canada post to setup a investigation to find out if it's here. We didn't go SAL. We used EMS. Call canada post and demand a supervisor to look into the matter. The more that call the likelihood is higher they investigate locally.
What's the number that you used?
jiujitsu30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:07 AM   #194
CanBot
Cybertron

EMS through AE and it's been two weeks? Unacceptable. And if it's hung up in our customs, then there's gotta be some kind of b.s. going on. You pay for quick shipping, and it's stuck at the border for a week? I hope it arrives soon, guys. My shipment arrived last week and it was quick...I hate to see when things don't go smoothly for others, as it's just a matter of time before it's my turn.

Keep us informed, and I hope it gets dealt with quickly.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:04 AM   #195
monishb
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiujitsu30 View Post
What's the number that you used?
1 (866) 607-6301
monishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:12 PM   #196
Ozrein
Stunticon

I spoke with Canada Post. The person I spoke with couldn't help much but was able to hint (they really weren't supposed to say anything) that CBSA in Vancouver is very busy and quite backed up, which may explain the delay. This was my assumption anyway, but I think they should really be focusing on these priority/expedited shipments first. I'm sure CBSA really doesn't care about that though, they're simply reviewing parcels for admittance and it's up to Canada Post to worry about the service level.

It is rather frustrating though. I can only hope that they find the container and process it soon. I will not be happy if I have to wait 4 weeks for Japan Post to investigate.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:18 PM   #197
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Once the order gets handed to Canada Post EMS or SAL they treat it the same way unless signature is required.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:39 PM   #198
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Hopefully they get through these packages fast, then. My Shockwave's also in the same boat (while conversely a friend in town who also ordered/shipped from HLJ via EMS got his last week, so go figure.)
Old 04-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #199
WhiteRabbit
Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Once the order gets handed to Canada Post EMS or SAL they treat it the same way unless signature is required.
And if it is? Mine is EMS/sig required.

I'm not sure I'm buying the CBSA back-up... I think it's a Canada Post clog, and one with little excuse. It's hardly a peak shipping season. FedEx or UPS would've had these delivered within days without a single hold-up from CBSA.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #200
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

If signature is required in Ontario it usually gets door delivery if not then 90% of the time it goes to a pick up place
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote