Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2016, 12:56 AM   #1
JTCh
Armada
Best way to ship small loose figures

I am in the process of major culling of my collection and I have a ton of loose figures that I am selling. I am wondering what is the best and cheapest ways to ship these loose figures? I've had packages shipped in those bubble wrapped envelopes before. They are probably cheaper to ship, but I don't know about how durable they will be. Or is a small box the best way?

What is your recommendation for shipping, for example, several Marvel Legends figures?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2016, 06:51 AM   #2
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: Best way to ship small loose figures

Well I recommend shipping them in a small box but with a bunch of grocery bags surrounding the figure inside. This way the box has less of a chance of getting crushed.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Putting in some news paper might help too.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
JTCh
Armada

Ok, so boxes seem to be the best for not damaging the figures. Where can one source these boxes? I used to ship them with boxes from my Amiami boxes, but I don't have many left from them anymore.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Buuble wrap, foam peanuts and Box.

Try a packaging/ shipping company.

Try Canada Post or Staples ( canad post has them but I'm sure they are the most $)

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection

Last edited by Rodimus Prime1; 01-15-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
JTCh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post
Buuble wrap, foam peanuts and Box.

Try a packaging/ shipping company.

Try Canada Post or Staples ( canad post has them but I'm sure they are the most $)
Cool, thanks!
Old 01-15-2016, 04:53 PM   #7
Chigimus
Masterpiece

If you want to source out smaller boxes, go visit a retail store like Best Buy, Staples, HMV, etc. When you get there, specifically ask for a warehouse/inventory associate or someone that can go into the back where the public is off-limits. Usually these companies will have a cardboard area where they stack boxes to be thrown out later in the week. The companies I mentioned above are good choices because you should be able to get smaller shipping boxes that originally contained console game releases, cell phone accessories, ink cartridges, etc.

As for packing material, as a fellow collector, hopefully you kept the packing peanuts and bubble wrap from items that you bought which were shipped to you (but then again, since you're asking for a source for boxes, maybe you trashed the packing materials too?) Alternatives would be clumps of newspaper and a massive collection of plastic bags; it's ghetto but it works.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:58 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

If that can help, within Canada, for anything under 90cm total (30x30x30 cm,15x15x60 cm, etc.), for a given destination, it's going to be the same price whether your parcel weighs 1 gram or 4.5 kilograms. So when getting shipping quotes, doesn't matter if your estimated weight is off by 100-200-500 grams, unless you're close to the limit.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:54 AM   #9
JTCh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
If that can help, within Canada, for anything under 90cm total (30x30x30 cm,15x15x60 cm, etc.), for a given destination, it's going to be the same price whether your parcel weighs 1 gram or 4.5 kilograms. So when getting shipping quotes, doesn't matter if your estimated weight is off by 100-200-500 grams, unless you're close to the limit.
Thank you sir! That is something I've been wondering about, whether there is a range because it seems like most of the package I've shipped in Canada is around $15-20. Do you know if that is the case with shipping to the states?
Old 01-16-2016, 01:56 AM   #10
JTCh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
If you want to source out smaller boxes, go visit a retail store like Best Buy, Staples, HMV, etc. When you get there, specifically ask for a warehouse/inventory associate or someone that can go into the back where the public is off-limits. Usually these companies will have a cardboard area where they stack boxes to be thrown out later in the week. The companies I mentioned above are good choices because you should be able to get smaller shipping boxes that originally contained console game releases, cell phone accessories, ink cartridges, etc.

As for packing material, as a fellow collector, hopefully you kept the packing peanuts and bubble wrap from items that you bought which were shipped to you (but then again, since you're asking for a source for boxes, maybe you trashed the packing materials too?) Alternatives would be clumps of newspaper and a massive collection of plastic bags; it's ghetto but it works.
I've already used up all my packing material along with the boxes I had. But I've already sourced out some cardboard boxes, maybe i can get some packing material from them too.