Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #21
venksta
Render Project Creations
Re: iGear IG-PP01 Mini Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Well, looks like BBTS will not carry this at all. Someone on Seibertron contacted them and asked. Their answer was no.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #22
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Oooo.

Hasbro is not going to like this. I thought they said in a certain interview that they like some third party stuff like accessories because it's not infringing any copyrights but some of the stuff is starting to cross the line.

I'm pretty sure this p*sses all over the line.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 08-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #23
Autobot Hound
Tracking Cons since 87'

FINALLY!!!! a voyager sized MP G1 Prime!!! It's soooo funny cause just 2 weeks ago i was looking at my hybrid prime and MP prime and just wishing "they" would make something in between.
Im not sure how i feel about the whole "3rd party" issue but all i know is....i want 10 of him!!! oh man and i'll need trailers too!! lolzzz!!!
Autobot Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Prime View Post
FINALLY!!!! a voyager sized MP G1 Prime!!! It's soooo funny cause just 2 weeks ago i was looking at my hybrid prime and MP prime and just wishing "they" would make something in between.
There's always Ultimate Battle Prime. I think Robot Masters Convoy is also bigger than THS-02, but admittedly not by much.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #25
Autobot Hound
Tracking Cons since 87'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
There's always Ultimate Battle Prime. I think Robot Masters Convoy is also bigger than THS-02, but admittedly not by much.

ya those primes are so so for me. After seeing them in person it didn't do much for me for some reason. I know the molds of the ones you mentions are similar to THS-02 but feels lacking in primeness if you know wat i mean.
Autobot Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I see this ruining the process of easily buying the original 3rd party stuff. I think for Hasbro, it would be very easy to send a big legal letter to any of the retailers, like BBTS or TFSource, and tell them to stop from selling products that look like their IP. That would mean no FP Protector kit. Unless you found a retailer outside of North America, but it might not be as cheap as the NA retailers.

So far, I honestly think Hasbro was turning a blind eye towards this stuff, because it was something new, and they didn't have to spend the resources on it. But now that iGear is really KOing their stuff, I don't see them letting it pass.

So far, iGear's is KOing this MP Prime, the Sharkitcons, and the MP Trailer. Also, they'll eventually announce the mini Classics Prime and the mini MP Megatron.

By the way, I had a couple sources tell me iGear was behind these mini Prime KOs weeks ago. But they said to expect iGear to release them under a different name, so people wouldn't know it was them. It seems iGears wants people to think their half involved, as the name implies their only partners in it. My same sources have also said before, they were behind the KO City/Shadow Commander KOs.
very well said, i am happy i have never gave i-gear a cent, and i never will, koing things is not a good idea

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #27
Razorwing
Robot in Disguise

I want.. but I'll have to wait sometime before getting it.

ROTF Owned: LDR Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Rampage, RH Prime&Blackout, RH Bumlebee&Longhaul, LGD Prime, LGD Jetfire, Knockout,Ransack,Breakaway, DepthCharge,Skids, Mixmaster, HA Bee, Scapel, LDR Jetfire, Ravage, Mudflap, Ice Cream Twins, and Jolt.
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #28
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Has anyone inquired about the price of this? I think anyone should take caution if they would really want to buy from them since you might not get any of your money back.

I think it took over half a year for people to get their money back for the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus armor pre-order deposit, you might not be so lucky this time around.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #29
BeeBoy29
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Has anyone inquired about the price of this? I think anyone should take caution if they would really want to buy from them since you might not get any of your money back.

I think it took over half a year for people to get their money back for the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus armor pre-order deposit, you might not be so lucky this time around.
someone on tfw said it was for 95 usd?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #30
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoy29 View Post
someone on tfw said it was for 95 usd?
LMAO.

You might as well get a loose complete Hasbro Masterpiece prime for that price or even cheaper.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote