Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #11
wattswc
Generation 1
Re: HUN-GURR & Elita-1 now on TRU.CA!

thanks for the post, got myself a unicronus
wattswc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Order placed. It's a total bs move that using the coupon to save 20$ bumps the free shipping out, I pretty much paid almost the same amount of two voyagers with free shipping before taxes for these two.

I hope to hell the new owners fix their free shipping options or how it is calculated, because if I'm using a coupon to save 20$ off the product, I shouldn't ultimately be only saving 2$ and change because the damn shipping costs push the total before checkout under the stupid 49$ free shipping cost cap.

Personally I feel the coupons should be applied at checkout and after shipping charges have already been eliminated. I 'saved' 20$ on Hasbro's products, but I 'gained' 20$ back in shipping and taxes, so I pretty much saved jacksquat.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #13
MonstaBot
Sword of Fury=:p
Re: HUN-GURR & Elita-1 & Rodimus Unicronus now on TRU.CA!

Sweet! Thanx 4 da Head's Up! Been Waiting 4 Rodimus Unicronus = That Hasbro Summer Coupon Makes It Sweeter=
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakNasty View Post

This is for all the people who did not get a chance to get them before.

Elita-1
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=138351426

Hun-Gurrr
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=138351436

Rodimus Unicronus
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=138351396

Don't forget your Hasbro summer savings coupons!
http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp...ro_SSSP_060118

MonstaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:08 PM   #14
dho10
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Order placed. It's a total bs move that using the coupon to save 20$ bumps the free shipping out, I pretty much paid almost the same amount of two voyagers with free shipping before taxes for these two.

I hope to hell the new owners fix their free shipping options or how it is calculated, because if I'm using a coupon to save 20$ off the product, I shouldn't ultimately be only saving 2$ and change because the damn shipping costs push the total before checkout under the stupid 49$ free shipping cost cap.

Personally I feel the coupons should be applied at checkout and after shipping charges have already been eliminated. I 'saved' 20$ on Hasbro's products, but I 'gained' 20$ back in shipping and taxes, so I pretty much saved jacksquat.
Just buy a non Hasbro filler to bump it back up past $49. Return to store for refund. Just make sure your additional item isn't a Hasbro toy or coupon will prorate your price.
dho10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #15
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dho10 View Post
Just buy a non Hasbro filler to bump it back up past $49. Return to store for refund. Just make sure your additional item isn't a Hasbro toy or coupon will prorate your price.
Order's been placed, can't do that. And besides which, that isn't the point, if I order off of LEGO's website I get a discount applied and the shipping is STILL FREE, the same applies to Amazon, I shouldn't have to add items I don't want into my cart to re-qualify for free shipping when the cost of the two voyagers already = 49$ before taxes, regardless of if a coupon is used or not I should still be eligible for free shipping because I met the item max price qualifications.

Hell TRU is the only website I know of that offers free shipping on items = 49$, Wal-Mart and Amazon have a much lower threshold to make and TRU used to have it as low as 25$ a few years back. Even Amazon had that, when they raised it, it was only increased by 10$, I'm not sure why TRU.ca chose to raise the free shipping threshold by 14$ of merchandise instead, I can get 35$ worth of Stuff on Amazon and prefer it if it means avoiding getting dinged on shipping.

But the Hasbro coupons only work at TRU and Amazon hasn't gotten them in stock.

Regardless I feel like the use of said coupon was a waste and while I'm glad I finally got to get the wave two Voyagers, I'm a bit put off at the fact that I'm still basically paying 60$ for two voyagers with shipping and taxes included so I'm not really saving much, aside from perhaps a few bucks in taxes comparatively.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #16
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Thanks! I've been waiting for Evil Roddy to show up.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
WOO HOO!!! Dang it... Where's SS Grimlock? I thought I saw it on there?
You're probably thinking of it on walmart.ca. It is on there. You might actually be able to get walmart to take the $20 off $50 order coupon. I've heard some have had luck getting them to take it.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #18
1970CUDA
Generation 1

Always late to the party. Unicronus already sold out!
1970CUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #19
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
You're probably thinking of it on walmart.ca. It is on there. You might actually be able to get walmart to take the $20 off $50 order coupon. I've heard some have had luck getting them to take it.
Thanks for reminding. Last time a few Walmart’s took the winter savings coupon no problems
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #20
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

They finally show up the day after I buy them off eBay.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote