Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #21
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: POTP Wave 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Depends on how you often you hunt.
And if you are doing runs on a weekly basis good luck with that.
This has to be a daily routine.
Thats only half of it. It depends on if your store actually stocks it. No walmart near me has ever stocked wave 2 deluxes, there have been 0 sightings of them around my area. So making it a daily routine is useless if nothing is stocked.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:04 AM   #22
Autovolt 127
Animated

Easily without a doubt the worst distribution I've seen with a toyline in all the years I've collected.

6 months in and we're still stuck and overstocked on Wave 1.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #23
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Easily without a doubt the worst distribution I've seen with a toyline in all the years I've collected.

6 months in and we're still stuck and overstocked on Wave 1.
Agreed. But at least we are not alone in this (Canada, I mean). The US has a rogh time too and they arent even available on BBTS. All it says is you can preorder them and they should come in the second quarter of the year (which is now).
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #24
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

This is hardly the worst distribution of a line. Transformers prime was the worst when it came out. Canada was the first to get the first edition figures but we had to wait over 6 months to get wave 2 of the main line and even then it was sparsely distributed and filled with bumblebees and then we got more wave 1 again after wave 2. Prime rid is one of the worst distribution of any lines.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #25
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
This is hardly the worst distribution of a line. Transformers prime was the worst when it came out. Canada was the first to get the first edition figures but we had to wait over 6 months to get wave 2 of the main line and even then it was sparsely distributed and filled with bumblebees and then we got more wave 1 again after wave 2. Prime rid is one of the worst distribution of any lines.
I agree. I recall being the first to sight the FE Prime 2-pack in North America; subsequently, the time between that FE wave and PRID wave 2 was embarrassingly long considering the show was initially very popular with TF fans and three core characters were in that wave, i.e. Ratchet, Knockout, and Vehicon. I recall giving up waiting and working out a trade with a TFW2005 boardmember to get those figures.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:51 PM   #26
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I know, I had the first world retail sighting for fe voyagers and after feel hit we had a long wait til wave 2 of rid and almost a year for wave 2 and we had to wait for winners to get the last wave.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 06-04-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #27
joshimus
Metroplex

I've found wave 2 at Walmart and Tru, but only like once since then. It's funny because I am glad I got the rest of the Dinobots but also they kind of suck.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:59 PM   #28
ngnaw
Armada

Messed up how I got Wave 2 Legends (Battleslash and Roadtrap) back in March but nothing else Wave 2 until now...
Old 06-04-2018, 11:14 PM   #29
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Distribution with Hasbro almost always happens with every other toy line or so.

I remember hearing about the Alternators line, tons of Grimlocks or Wheeljacks all end up in Europe/UK, but we never saw them here in Canada.

So the trend for the last 2 toy lines is TRU gets the first wave, then never or finally gets the later waves, while Walmart gets new waves, one after another. I don't understand how TRU just keeps getting stuck with the first waves and nothing new after, or not until a long time passes.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:32 PM   #30
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Distribution with Hasbro almost always happens with every other toy line or so.

I remember hearing about the Alternators line, tons of Grimlocks or Wheeljacks all end up in Europe/UK, but we never saw them here in Canada.

So the trend for the last 2 toy lines is TRU gets the first wave, then never or finally gets the later waves, while Walmart gets new waves, one after another. I don't understand how TRU just keeps getting stuck with the first waves and nothing new after, or not until a long time passes.
I have a feeling TRU tends to overestimate demand for the first wave, orders a huge amount of it, and as a result it shelfwarms, and that has an adverse effect on any decisions to stock subsequent waves, under the impression that the line as a whole is "not popular".
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote