Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like most or hate least?
Armada/ Micron Legend 6 13.04%
Energon/Superlink 5 10.87%
Cybertron/Galaxy Force 19 41.30%
Never watched them...yet 0 0%
G1 FOREVER!!!! 16 34.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #41
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Which of the Unicron Trilogy do you like more...or hate least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
I'm curious are you watching the original Robotech or the re-edit re-voiced one? Personally I've only ever bothered with the Macross Saga parts and even they are a bit cheesy nowadays.
I've seen the orginal english, the remastered one, and the original in japanese. In terms of the Macross one the story differences are almost zip. They just tack on a little bit so it can connect up with the rest of the series. I haven't seen the japanese versions of Genisis Climber Mospedia or Southern Cross, so my comments are strictly in regards to Macross.

I'll agree Robotech is a bit cheezy but it still works for me in terms of the larger story arc and characters I can get behind. I can't say the same for the Unicron trilogy. I tried and I tried to watch them but each 20 minute episode feels like it three times as long, and I can't make any connection with the characters. I don't like them, but I don't hate them. It's the worst thing, I don't feel anything for them at all. They're just cardboard and when I watch an episode, It feels like a poser fest. Look at robot with cool pose as it shouts out it's weapon name before firing. I'm not against that just in it self, but it didn't feel like there was any story to it.