Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #11
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions
Re: Possible Solution for HTS Exclsuive Special editions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
This is what I got from Hasbro:

"Thank you for contacting us. At this time, we are only able to ship to the US, the US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Our Shipping Policy requires that you enter a physical street address within the United States for all accounts created on HasbroToyShop.com. At this time, we are unable to ship to PO or APO/FPO Boxes, U. S. possessions or other countries. We are also unable to accept non-U.S. billing addresses. We apologize for any inconvenience, but please know that your inquiry has been noted for future review of our policies. "
I got this same bullshit this afternoon.... I then signed up for an account registered to a US Parcel Service which is located 45 mins away only to be denied at the check out due to a Canadian PayPal account.

I'm now in the process of finding another loop hole, as a friend of mine might have this same US address setup to his credit card.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #12
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
I got this same bullshit this afternoon.... I then signed up for an account registered to a US Parcel Service which is located 45 mins away only to be denied at the check out due to a Canadian PayPal account.

I'm now in the process of finding another loop hole, as a friend of mine might have this same US address setup to his credit card.

WOW! Thats frikkin stupid on what HTS did. Back during the summer when the Comicon exclusives went up, I was able to order and pay with my Paypal account. After JaySmith posted it didn't work for him, I went and tried ordering a DragStrip and I got the error about the non-us address for my Paypal account. This really bites that they changed this now, yet they haven't setup anything to ship to Canada.
venksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #13
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
and Puerto Rico

BIGGEST WTF
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #14
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
WOW! Thats frikkin stupid on what HTS did. Back during the summer when the Comicon exclusives went up, I was able to order and pay with my Paypal account. After JaySmith posted it didn't work for him, I went and tried ordering a DragStrip and I got the error about the non-us address for my Paypal account. This really bites that they changed this now, yet they haven't setup anything to ship to Canada.
Funny thing is when I use my VISA, I get right to the very end of the check out.... I just want to confirm with the US Parcel company first that it's alright to have two items shipped to their place of business even though it won't be until December.

Once I get the go ahead, then I'll follow through with the rest of the check out, and hopefully have my order placed for 1 Dragstrip, and 1 Overkill.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:28 AM   #15
Ozrein
Stunticon

I've used my Visa a few times at HTS using a US address just south of the border from me. I even put in my billing address as the same addy since it doesnt allow me to put my Canadian addy in. Never had a problem with the transactions. It does ask for the 3 or 4 digit code on the back of the card, so I can only guess thats how the card is allowed.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 AM   #16
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
BIGGEST WTF
How and Why?
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:10 AM   #17
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
How and Why?
why Puerto Rico but not Canada or Mexico
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 AM   #18
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

It's technically part of the US and therefore also under the jurisdiction of the USPS wile Canada & Mexico are foreign independent countries.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:04 AM   #19
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
I've used my Visa a few times at HTS using a US address just south of the border from me. I even put in my billing address as the same addy since it doesnt allow me to put my Canadian addy in. Never had a problem with the transactions. It does ask for the 3 or 4 digit code on the back of the card, so I can only guess thats how the card is allowed.
Good to know. Maybe tomorrow I'll try placing an order then for 2x Dragstrip, and 2x Overkill.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:09 AM   #20
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
Good to know. Maybe tomorrow I'll try placing an order then for 2x Dragstrip, and 2x Overkill.
Hey, let us know if it works JaySmith. I tried to put the billing address with the same shipping address before, but they said the credit card didn't go through... don't know why some people here say it works...
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote