Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: How much does Habro Toy Store charge for shipping?

I don't even think HTS.com is all that profitable, so one can only imagine the kind of failure HTS.ca would be.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #12
TRUCKvsGUN

^ Agreed. They probably just see selling to us Canadian collectors as doing us a favour, and they're a business after all.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #13
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Good points, but despite their customer service already being in Quebec, I'd venture to add that it's also because: 1) they don't have the necessary Canadian infrastructure (both physical and IT related) to handle an online presence (i.e.:take orders, ship out orders, handle customer support, etc...) or 2) they refuse to incur the capital expenditures needed to due to the size of the Canadian market relative to potential online revenue (we're not the American market) - it may cost them more to do this then keep the status quo going. 3) Another thing is that they have to educate the Canadian public to start shopping on an HTS.ca site, which would require some marketing, and almost be a difficult task to suddenly change consumer's habits. 4) More so they'd have to compete with their partners amazon.ca/walmart.ca, for the same small market, which they probably have established distribution deals with already.
I expect all toys into the US are shipped to their (Hasbro's) central warehouse and then shipped from there to their distributors' (Walmart, TrU) central/regional warehouses. I would expect HTS.COM is run from inside that central warehouse and items on the site are those not already earmarked for existing orders (this would explain the delays in items appearing on HTS.COM) and surplus items.

They MAY already may have a central warehouse in Canada they send all Canadian orders to in order to avoid some customs paperwork but it's not likely that warehouse would ever get overstock/surplus like the main US warehouse to sell online.