Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #1131
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I am using Internet Explorer, I have no idea which version, maybe 7 or 8, and try as I might I can't seem to remember how to capture a shot of my screen.
Hit the "Prt Sc" (Print Screen) key, somewhere around the scroll lock key. Then go to MS Paint and Paste. Then Save. That should do it.

You can also find out which version of IE, typically in the Help/About menu.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #1132
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I am using Internet Explorer, I have no idea which version, maybe 7 or 8, and try as I might I can't seem to remember how to capture a shot of my screen.
Give'er a try now, Shockwave 75. If you're using IE8 or newer, all should be good.

If you're using IE7, please upgrade, or switch to Chrome or Firefox. IE7 was released in 2006, so it's too old to support the awesome JavaScript that ShelfLife's built with.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #1133
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

That's got it!

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #1134
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

So who wants to take on curation duties for Generations Classics 3.0 with the hot looking new Grimlock and Blaster:

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #1135
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

This is probably going to seem like a stupid question, but I was looking at the sales side of the site since I need to move some items. And when it comes to shipping, how do I know what shipping is when I don't know who / where the buyers will be from.. Do I just put in an guesstimate from Canada Post?? And correct it later when there's a buyer??

Thanks

Last edited by Akroyer; 07-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #1136
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
This is probably going to seem like a stupid question, but I was looking at the sales side of the site since I need to move some items. And when it comes to shipping, how do I know what shipping is when I don't know who / where the buyers will be from.. Do I just put in an guesstimate from Canada Post?? And correct it later when there's a buyer??

Thanks

I took measurements of the box I'd put them in, guestimated the weight, and then got a quote for shipping to the next city over, shipping to toronto, and shipping to BC. did it online and just got some random postal codes from the interwebs. And as for international, I got a quote on how much it would be to ship it to somewhere in Florida.

Then again, that makes what used to be a $20 item now actually cost $35 with shipping included, just to ship it to the next town. Sometimes I hate being in Canada, usually when it involves mailing or shipping anything.

I can see in the states, with their cheaper shipping, this won't be as big of an obstacle.

As far as I know, there is no correcting the price of shipping the item. If you listed shipping as $5 and it actually cost $7, then you swallow the extra $2.

But then if I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

Last edited by Shepp; 07-14-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #1137
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Ok, so it looks like I would need a price estimate for realistically BC from where I am and like Florida or California to cover myself for any possible buyer.
Sounds about how it looks like I need to setup ebay (Still waiting on that one for me) because the integrated shipping thing doesn't work for me.

Thanks

Old 07-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #1138
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Ok, so it looks like I would need a price estimate for realistically BC from where I am and like Florida or California to cover myself for any possible buyer.
Sounds about how it looks like I need to setup ebay (Still waiting on that one for me) because the integrated shipping thing doesn't work for me.

Thanks

In a perfect world, ShelfLife would integrate with a shipping company for the purpose of calculating shipping costs. All we'd need to enter would be the box dimensions and the weight when listing.

The costs would be calculated and listed below the sale price when viewing a specific item for sale, and it would be based on the weight, box dimensions, and the sender's address plus the receiver's address. Or it could all be calculated behind the scenes and displayed automatically as the total cost while browsing (which would take a whole crap more data flying between ShelfLife and the shipping company ALL THE TIME.)

It'd be a logistical nightmare for combined shipping, though, in my mind. And no clue how customs fees and duty would be handled. Also, it would limit the options of what company to ship through.

So I guess it wouldn't be a perfect world.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #1139
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I wouldn't worry about customs.. everyone knows that's a crap shoot. But it's too bad you can't integrate with Canada Post. Ebay sort of does that, but when I tried to get it to work I couldn't. But I'm waiting for Paypal to sort things out before I can sell on there.

And I wanted to try Shelf life for selling. I hate to use Ebay if I don't have to. But I will need to fill in something for shipping. Being in NB it will be an ugly number than if I lived somewhere in the middle of the country.

This helps me out, thanks for advice.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #1140
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about customs.. everyone knows that's a crap shoot. But it's too bad you can't integrate with Canada Post. Ebay sort of does that, but when I tried to get it to work I couldn't. But I'm waiting for Paypal to sort things out before I can sell on there.

And I wanted to try Shelf life for selling. I hate to use Ebay if I don't have to. But I will need to fill in something for shipping. Being in NB it will be an ugly number than if I lived somewhere in the middle of the country.

This helps me out, thanks for advice.

I'm closer to the middle of the country, and its still a pretty ugly number. But that's hardly ShelfLife's fault.

Tags
collecting, shelflife