Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #381
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

I could be wrong guys but I "think" STEF2130 is not bashing this site per se but is actually referring to Victor's own personnal website where he also sell's his stuff..? I believe this is the case anyway. (:
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #382
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftheday316 View Post
To be honest, I don't agree with this is in this case. Although it may not be his "full time" job he does it quite often and he is at the ToyCons all the time selling things at, sorry to say, pretty insane prices. I think the "he doesn't want to lose money" thing only really applies if your friend buys you one and it happens to be defective. When you run a "business" and start making enough money on it you have to assume some loss. It's not fair for all of his customers to have to assume all the risk. I believe he has crossed the line between casual sales guy and seller who should assume responsibility.
To clarify, I do agree that someone who sells as much as he does should verify the condition of his products whenever possible, and stand behind them to some degree. In a case like this, when quality issues with the paint have been reported on MP Sideswipe, this should have been noted BEFORE he sold it to someone. I DO think he should accept a return. If he has another Sideswipe in stock, he should offer that one as a replacement. But if he doesn't have another one, I don't think it's fair to require him to track down another Sideswipe from the source. A refund should be adequate.

I'm certainly not saying that the fact that he loses money on the deal absolves him from responsibility to his customer. Dealers should not be passing their losses onto their customers. That's just scummy. I just think the customer has to be realistic as well.

To be clear, I'm pretty neutral on Victor. I've had good dealings with him in the past... I just can't afford any of his prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHCKWAVE View Post
I could be wrong guys but I "think" STEF2130 is not bashing this site per se but is actually referring to Victor's own personnal website where he also sell's his stuff..? I believe this is the case anyway. (:
Yeah, maybe that's it?

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #383
Protoman
The Legend

Now now, I sell a lot of shit and my stuff is GARBAGE =P

Anyhow I'll give an example straight out of Toycon that just passed.

I bought a collection of Alternators from a guy about a year ago, they were all in alt mode and a even kept a few, all perfect, all complete (Just check under the hood and your done =P).

At Toycon I was down to my last 3 Alternators (Rollbar, Swindle and Sideswipe). Someone bought Sideswipe complete for $15 (again everything in alt mode). He came back about an hour later and show me that the foot for the robot mode was busted. I didn't even hesitate and I refunded his money. Maybe he broke it, maybe the previous owner broke it, who knows, but at least the problem was solved.

And to the guy who bought Sideswipe (I forgot, I think he was a board member), I am sorry again.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 11-09-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #384
Pascal
Banned

HELL YEAH: le coffret DVD de Goldorak en français sort le 11 décembre au Québec!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #385
pulsedragon20
I win

I finally managed to get a Dreadwing at Walmart Namur yesterday (only one). The weapon didn't work so I had to take it apart and reassembled it , now it does!

I heard some "douchebaggery" today when I was at Zellers. I was returning a Kreo Devastator and she rip opened the tape to see the contents of the box (even though it was untouched by me). So I asked her why do you have to open the box when It's factory sealed? She told me that it was store policy and that in the past people returned lego without lego inside, just some pasta. What has the world come to!!! ... No wonder how you could get the wrong pieces inside, now I have to check all the Kreo I bought recently
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #386
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
I finally managed to get a Dreadwing at Walmart Namur yesterday (only one). The weapon didn't work so I had to take it apart and reassembled it , now it does!

I heard some "douchebaggery" today when I was at Zellers. I was returning a Kreo Devastator and she rip opened the tape to see the contents of the box (even though it was untouched by me). So I asked her why do you have to open the box when It's factory sealed? She told me that it was store policy and that in the past people returned lego without lego inside, just some pasta. What has the world come to!!! ... No wonder how you could get the wrong pieces inside, now I have to check all the Kreo I bought recently
Pasta on returned Kreos and Legos eh?........
Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #387
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Oh my G_d! I just been had! I bought Kreo OP vs Megs at Zellers and decided to check because got paranoid and some one switched the contents with fake Lego!!!

I swear that if I find the jackass who did it, I will kick him in the ass so hard that he will be eating shit for the rest of his life (pardon my language )

Also, I decided to call Zellers just now to say that I got screwed and they told me to go in and make an exchange
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #388
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Oh my G_d! I just been had! I bought Kreo OP vs Megs at Zellers and decided to check because got paranoid and some one switched the contents with fake Lego!!!

I swear that if I find the jackass who did it, I will kick him in the ass so hard that he will be eating shit for the rest of his life (pardon my language )

Also, I decided to call Zellers just now to say that I got screwed and they told me to go in and make an exchange
And this is why Zellers will be no more.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #389
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
It's despicable, but I have to admit, it's sort of brilliant too. Pasta... seriously. You'd feel like a serious tool if an employee popped it open at the return counter like that though... I wonder how often scammers like that actually get caught in the act?

Quote:
No wait... that's just Kreo.

Sorry, bud... I know it really sucks, but I just couldn't resist making that joke.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #390
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
... So I asked her why do you have to open the box when It's factory sealed? She told me that it was store policy and that in the past people returned lego without lego inside, just some pasta. What has the world come to!!! ... No wonder how you could get the wrong pieces inside, now I have to check all the Kreo I bought recently
Well, at least you don't have to plan for dinner!
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote