Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #581
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime View Post
So I listed my spare Hasbro MP Soundwave on Kijiji, wanting to make room for devastator (if Canada Post ever finds where they sent it...) and get the standard cancel on the day we're supposed to meet, or stop responding. Then I get this guy who offers me $165 "cash today!" (I was asking $200 and wondering what, other than cash, he thought I was considering accepting). I ignored him at first, but then he messaged again, asking if I would take $165 and I said no. He continues messaging, and we agree to a price, but then he says he lives in Burlington (I'm in midtown Toronto) and says he'll drive here to pick it up. Then he asks for $5 off because he has to travel so far to meet me, and it's later than he would like to meet. I know $5 isn't much, but this guy was beginning to seem really sketchy to me and it's the principle of the thing. After that, he asked if I would be willing to ship it, and he'd pay the shipping. I declined because I'd rather deal in cash and an actual person, so he agrees to meet me at my workplace during the day. Now he emailed me back, asking again if I would ship it to him. I don't know if this is some kind of scam, or he's just a really annoying and randomly alternating thrifty/spendthrifty.

Your story sounds very familiar, I think a few board members have received emails from this kijiji time waster.

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #582
CPrime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
I do ship, but only to those who pay by EMT.

That usually removes the problem unless they're serious.

Plus you could get $180 plus shipping easily on these boards if not the $200 you asked for. One just moved for another boardie last week at $215 (took him 2-3 months at that price)
Luckily I'm not desperate to sell, and just thought there's no point in having it sit around. I've looked around and seen people on various other boards who have had problems with email money transfers as well, where they were reported as fraudulent, so even those don't seem to be completely safe.
CPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #583
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

This is a great thread. Good way to release frustration over dubious kijiji buyers and sellers.

I have recently posted several toy ads on kijiji that were short and concise, clearly stating I am only interested in trades. And what happens, email after email..."how much?"

If you use kijiji I think there should be a requirement that you can read the ad

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 08-05-2015 at 10:24 AM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #584
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
If you use kijiji I think there should be a requirement that you can read the ad
I'm sure we ALL wish that. I have a figure that I want to trade for another specific figure and was offered a sound board and the best is "if the ad is up item is available" and get asked if it's available . I know some people may not take them down but for me as soon as it sells I remove the ad
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:19 PM   #585
rubadubspawn
Generation 1

This thread hits the spot.

I posted a want ad on kijiji. Mike from mississauga (mfm) replied saying he had a whole wackload of the figures I was looking for (like 25 or 30). I said great, we worked out a price and he said he'd send pictures.

No pictures, no responses to emails.

Responds a week later saying that he wants to change the deal. Charge me more for less. I said forget it. Irritating.

He messages me after a week saying we can work out another deal. Similar to original but slightly more Expensive. I agree because it's still decent overall and again ask for pics. He never produces.

I live in Toronto and mfm lives in mississauga and was just sketchy to contact. I was going out there to meet someone else, and he still hadn't sent pictures so I told him to just forgo the pictures as he confirmed several times that all figures were complete.

Well what so you know, he shows up an hour late, brings his figs and all of the expensive ones are incomplete. About 6 or 7 out of 20 are missing pieces or accessories. He tries then to say let's take the expensive ones out of the deal since they're incomplete. I saw forget it dude. He says he has all the accessories, we agree on a discounted price on the promise that he'll find the accessories and I'll pay him back for the discount in next couple days.

I follow up after not hearing from him. He doesn't respond to emails or texts. I send one a day just checking in.

He responds after a week saying it's kijiji and I should not have trusted him, and that I should buy new toys if I want them complete and everything is sold as is. What a jerk wad. Took zero responsibility and conveniently forgot he said he would look for the accessories or that he confirmed they were complete.

Couple weeks later, he responds to one of my sale ads offering to trade me some of the missing accessories for a figure I have that he wants. What a moron.

I hope you step on the accessories and cut your toe mike from mississauga in a white beat up rape van.
rubadubspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:20 AM   #586
Slayback
Animated

^^ Sooo.... let me get this straight. The guy seems super shady from the get go - you deal with him in person and confirm that he is shady, and confirm that you're getting hosed... but you do the deal anyway because the confirmed shady guy promises you he will look for things.

... this sorta kinda sounds like your fault. if anything you should have offered to trade for the missing accessories and brought friends ..

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:48 AM   #587
elburrito
Animated

Notwithstanding the signs were there, the fact that he actually said it's Kijiji and you shouldn't have trusted him is bold. It also makes me think of Megatron for some reason. All in all it sounds like you came out square (depending on the discount).

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #588
joshimus
Metroplex

So, I sold an item on Ebay last week and I was selling in USD. When the guy paid for it, a Canadian, he used "buy it now" and paid right away. My auctions state a 25.00 USD within Canada flat rate to cover hopefully all of the freight costs. It's a guesstimate that mostly either breaks me even after fees or sometimes it's too little.
So anyway, before I shipped the item I got two quotes from Canada Post. 3-5 days was almost 50.00cad and 7-10 was just under 20.00 cad, so I went with that one. He got it within 7 days.
So now I am asking for advice here. He emailed me asking for a 10.00 refund because he paid 25usd freight (33cad). Now, the item I sold was a 100.00 item originally, in mint condition and complete (minus box) and I didn't list the stand in the auction but included it because I found it. I sold it for 50USD.(66.03cad)
So, since my auctions have a flat 25.00 usd rate, I really don't owe him anything from a contractual perspective. He agreed to that price when he bid on the auction. From "doing something nice" perspective, part of me wants to give him a bit back on shipping, the other part of me says "what for? I didn't make money on the figure to begin with".
So I emailed him back and told him I will think about it. Any thoughts here?
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #589
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Flat is flat. I wouldn't give him a dime. If you want to justify it to yourself the rest is handling fees. Box, packing material, gas to the P.O., time to do that etc.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #590
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

Don't owe him anything. He knew the cost when he bid. Done and done.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote