Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #21
Nullray
IGC
Re: Low Q4 Hasbro Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
are you talking about the gijoe line from the movie that was never really great to begin with? and repacking those figures at a full price point when they can still be found shelfwarming at clerance?
GIJoe... MLP... etc... Go to Hasbrotoyshop and look at all the lines they have. It is quite large. How are all the other product lines doing? There is quite a few listed in All Products on their homepage. Guess not as well as anticipated they say. From the TF point of view. The buzz has been more for 3rd party anticipated releases and nothing from them. The anticipated Takara MP-10 was a big buzz but IMO it failed to capture the market that wanted diversity and innovation.
Now MP-11 is a throw back to the seeker molds. Hopefully 2012 is gonna have some great innovations. So far the TFPrime line looks great. Hope we get more.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #22
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

maybe because the selection in Q4 wasn't so surprising?

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #23
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Seeing how retail sales were soft last year, I image retailers were not willing to carry a lot of extra merchandise.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #24
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

This may be off topic, but do multiple versions of the same character really sell all that well? (E.g. Repaints).

I mean, besides collectors and completionists, do kids actually go buy three or four deluxe sideswipes or arcees because the paint job is different? Do kids actually buy every bumblebee repaint?

I have a really poor sense of whether or not kids buy multiple repaints.

Also, what about figures in multiple size classes? (Sentinel Prime, Optimus, Iron hide...). If a kid has the voyager or leader version, would they really go buy a smaller scale version of the same character? Again I have a poor sense of whether or not this happens with kids.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #25
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
This may be off topic, but do multiple versions of the same character really sell all that well? (E.g. Repaints).

I mean, besides collectors and completionists, do kids actually go buy three or four deluxe sideswipes or arcees because the paint job is different? Do kids actually buy every bumblebee repaint?

Also, what about figures in multiple size classes? (Sentinel Prime, Optimus, Iron hide...). If a kid has the voyager or leader version, would they really go buy a smaller scale version of the same character? Again I have a poor sense of whether or not this happens with kids.
MY Son Collects Bee's and Optimus almost exclusively..
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #26
shabooya
Banned

Keep in mind, Hasbro is much larger than just Transformers.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #27
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post

I wonder this all the time. I can't imagine Hasbro sells anywhere near as many repaints as they do original decos, and yet it never fails that they always end up lining shelves for months. It's as if they've realized that filling out lines with redecos (even if they don't sell) is more cost effect than creating new molds. It would explain the disinterest from retailers.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #28
sikkbones
Banned

you know for all the DOTM bumblee variants we did get... why didn't we get the easy bumblebee/laserbeak variant actually seen in the movie?

was the price of pink plastic too expensive.. plus you know you might have actually sold these to the part of the fanbases that ignore the DOTM toyline.. you know.... the Female child.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #29
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Oh yeah, that HA basics Wave 1 clogged shelves for MONTHS. I mean, they were decent figures, but they stocked so freaking many. Plus like 10 BB molds.

Meh, overall I still spent a fortune in 2011 on Hasbro TFs and 2013 looks even more expensive, so why am I complaining?
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
sikkbones
Banned

i forgot lunarfire optimus, the voyager optimus prime mech tech trailer release, optimus prime exclusive voyager at walmart with stars on his chest and commettor in his box...

also forgot streetside bot brawl.

i apologize for forgetting these all important north american releases in my original post.. if i have missed any more deluxe class size or more let me know...