Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #21
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: canada post theft of a package

Can you not demand to see the signature?
On that note, I think it makes far less sense that CP can have anyone sign without id, even an apartment manager, but I have to show proof of who I am in store. This is why I am glad I have competant CP here where I am. I'm not home, large box goes to post office and small box goes into the mailbox around the corner (suburbs style box). Hopefully I wont ever run into issues but I most assuringly will cause hell if I do. At work, we fought UPS and WON! We shipped a large package out and customer got it. Machine had hairline fracture (manufacture issue) so he sent it back to us and emailed pictures for us because of the fracture. So he shipped a BOX, we got a half assed triangle and lots of missing parts. Our UPS driver not being a douche told us to clearly mark "damaged" cause any person with a brain knows this is bullshit.
We did an inquiry and it was at customs FROM when the customer sent it back in a BOX. We fought for a few months, pictures and proof and the understanding of "we're a business and dont ship triangle boxes to customers cause that is a BAD idea. Also it doesnt benefit us to have repeat customers by sending them barely completed NEW product" and got full refund for the cost of the machine (customer paid price not our cost) as well as shipping charges. Clearly Customs had a blast tearing this apart and taking peices.

Fight it!
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #22
Kristal
Machine War

Gah, this thread is rusting my jimmies when it comes to mail.
Im sending a package (a big one) to my friend that would contain some TFs. maple syrup and canadian stuff to her and im afraid the crap CP does is gonna fuck it up.

Seriously, I would love to use Fed EX for something because all I have in my area is Canada Post and UPS it's like a bloody race on who's shittier.
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #23
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Yeah, and with UPS charging like 4 times what even CP does, you're kinda left between a cock and a hard place.

However like with anything else, all you can do is your part. Pack everything well, print the addys clearly, tape the shit outa your box & make it look presentable, fill in all of the paperwork clearly, keep the buyer up to date, and retain records forever. Yeah, things can still happen, but at least you'll know that you did everything in your power before the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #24
Sideswipe
Break it down!

When I lived in ottawa Canada Post used to knock and then it felt like they ran away... and leave the package sometimes outside sometimes inside by my door (and sometimes just the tag). They never waited like 5 seconds to see if I would answer. I caught them once almost getting back in the truck, i was poised inside my appartment waiting and barely had time to run through 2 doors and like less than 50 feet and caught him, he left a tag in my mail box and i said WTF man?!? (in nicer words) that ottawa cp driver is a lazy ass fuck. Now my new cp mailman in Northbay on the other hand, is ALL kinds of awesomesauce.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #25
vohkuhl
Cybertron

I seem to be having this issue too, lots of parcels left outside under my welcome mat. Seriously people can still see it, even had a neighbour come by and bring me a package that was mistakenly delivered to them.

CP guys are super impatient, I always catch them leaving right when I get to the door. I recall Purolator throwing a parcel to my upper porch, UPS placing parcels in my cooler I have outside (back porch), and any door outside my home that they believe we (my tenants and I) will see. It's really annoying to find random parcels when I'm doing chores outside.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #26
miasboytoy
Animated

tracked down my package finally a few days ago! neighbor on a different block had it. same address number but diff street, happens all the time dammit.
miasboytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #27
The Ark
The Original Scalper.

I will keep my statement brief. The first set of Maketoys Giant figures was slated to arrive at my house on the Friday. I had been tracking all morning on line. As well, my wife was home all day, as I was at work. Sufice it to say I can see my house from where I work. The status changed to "Successfully Delivered", yet nothing arrived at home. My wife checked repeatedly, and I never saw a CP truck anywhere near my house all day. CP investigated, and said that it had been delivered. I contacted the seller, informed them, and a new set was sent out a few weeks later. I still have no idea where my original package ended up, but I was royally PISSED.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #28
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Shouldn't they have to provide a copy of the signature? Isn't there some sort of liability on CP's part to make sure things are delivered properly?

UPS story from a few weeks ago. We find a giant package (I think it was car parts) outside our front door. We look at the address and it is not ours. Not even close to be honest. We just took it to the right place, but I am sure it said "successfully delivered" on the screen.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #29
miasboytoy
Animated

thats what happened with me. im just glad my neighbors were honest people!
miasboytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #30
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Received two packages last week.

Both had my postal code circled and/or crossed out. Along with multiple handwritten "Try 41" and "Try 34" messages, presumably written by CP, and referring to some postal zone or sorting numbers or something...

My postal code and address were correct on both parcels (and computer-printed on one, so it's not like messy handwriting confused them).

I have no idea why my parcels were delayed and running around, or why they circled my postal code...but I'm glad I finally got them.

I mentioned it to one of the ladies who works at the CP office, and she said that they had changed quite a few carrier/routes lately in my area, and maybe that was the issue...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 05-10-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote