Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions
Re: canada post theft of a package

I've frequently had packages left on my door step. Scares the hell out of me that anyone could just come along and take it.
Really wish they would just take it back to the post office, yet if I'm not home the note they leave says I can't pick it up until after 1pm the next day. Seriously, the post office opens in the morning. Why can't I get it then? Plus I'm quite sure it's there by 5pm that day at the latest. I should be able to get it after then since they don't close until around 6 or so

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Well, my guess is that unless a package is technically received to or even back to your local outlet, they don't wanna give it out because they'd technically be giving something out that they don't have. Not like you'd get anywhere filing a claim because you'll have now way of proving that it was lost & mainly just get told that CP doesn't look for packages or direct people to facilities & that you need to mail proof that you sent what was lost/that it was lost/that it wasn't lost due to your negligence/that unicorns exist/etc to continue the process, but still.

Yeah, it seems silly to wait that extra day, but I've had that happen to me a few times, and I've always just chalked it up to an inefficient system where the postal reps can't go back there & scan it themselves, even if they'd like to. Plus, considering how easy it is for CP to absolve themselves of any responsibility involved with not carrying out the service they're being paid to do (or otherwise blame it on you or the workers), I'm more than willing to wait an extra day as an alternative to my shit being left on a random doorstep or given to a jogger who claims to be me. That's actually why I've never complained that delivery is never attempted, as I think simply taking it to my depo & needing someone with my address to pick it up is a more secure process.

Now, this of course doesn't work with small things (as anyone who's got a box in my neighborhood could simply keep a key/copy of a key & open the community one every day & steal shit), but for bigger things I'm much more at peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 05-01-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Hey man, really sorry to hear about your situation. That's so frustrating that Canada Post can conduct business in the manner they do.

I had a similar situation with them a few months ago when I ordered from Toys R Us Canada.

Long story short, a package was sent to my house that never made it there (approx $70). I got the run around from their "customer service" esentially blaming me for not actually getting the package that they were supposed to bring.

Ultimately I got VISA involved and they went to bat on my behalf. Took about 3 months, but I was able to get my money back.

Obviously, no word as to what actually happened to my package and haven't ordered online since. There's no way I'd go through all those headaches again, lol.

I hope this gets resolved for you. Hang in there!
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Wait for the mailman tomorrow and confront him.
This is what I would do. Also, if someone signed for it, they should have a copy of the signature. I'd press them on it and demand they compensate since it doesn't match your signature.

That said, I think you're SOL. Canada Post doesn't give a shit about anything. Their workers only care about their pensions and benefits. I always go above and beyond when a customer needs something from me. I have NEVER had a single Canada Post employee even remotely show me that sort of courtesy. Customer service might as well be "Kick me in the balls day" cause it's about the same thing there.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #15
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

Had CanPost deliver my package to someone on a different street in my neighbourhood. The street name was nowhere near similar, and the other guys name isn't even close to mine. The postman simply glanced at the postal code and saw it was a toy and assumed it was for someone else to whom he frequently delivers packages. The other guy apparently receives at least one package every week and signed for it without even looking at the box. He had the package opened before realizing it wasn't his. Fortunately he was honest and brought it by my place with everything intact. The post guys don't give a rip about accuracy, they just want to get their deliveries done and get home.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #16
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

... and this would be why I always make it a point to print off clearly typed names & addresses instead of just scribbling shit, especially with how bad my writing is. Not trying to blame the sender for everything here, but when you KNOW that human error can be a big factor, why take a chance? Like, some people will get a package that's not theirs & open it up before deciding what to do about it, and if they happen to like what you've ordered, tough luck.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I have NEVER had a single Canada Post employee even remotely show me that sort of courtesy.
I must've gotten lucky, because up until a couple of years ago, I got AMAZING service from 3 CP employees.

1) The delivery lady. My brother and I got so much stuff shipped to our house that she recognized us. Instead of bringing packages back to the post office, if possible, she'd hide the package at our side door, and leave a note in our mailbox telling us where she left it. I'd be waiting for my bus to go to work about 1/2 block away, and if she spotted me, she'd turn her truck around to come to me to deliver my parcels. On a really hot day once, she came to delivery something to my place and politely asked if she could have a glass of water. We were more than happy to oblige.

2) A middle-aged lady at the service counter. Very nice, always chatted with me about random stuff (vacations, travel, fun stuff). She has since quit working for CP, but I run into her every now and then at CDN Tire or other stores, and we still chat a bit.

3) A young girl at the service counter (pretty darn cute too). Always a pleasure to see her working. There was once where there was a huge lineup for the counter. I was already being served by the other worker. Despite the fact that her line had 10+ people waiting, and that she was alread serving another customer, she said to me: "Didn't you get a package? I thought I saw one for you. Lemme check". Types away on her computer while her customer is filling out a form. "Nope, my bad. I could've sworn I saw your name on a package earlier today."

Sadly, all 3 of them no longer work for CP, and either way, I've moved away so I wouldn't really be dealing with them anyways on my regular route.

Anyhow, I'm going off-topic. :P

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #18
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
3) A young girl at the service counter (pretty darn cute too). Always a pleasure to see her working.
CC: your girlfriend.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant

Well, future girlfriends aside, the people working at my local outlet (London Drugs in West Kelowna if anyone cares) have always been polite & otherwise good at their jobs, so I definitely won't have any complaints to make there. I just think they're in a shitty position of working for a shitty company, and I know from experience that it makes things rather difficult.

If anything, the one issue I did have with a package I sent & how shit was handled started with someone working at a different outlet all together (not the one I normally use), and one that I think it's safe to say I won't be going to again. Like, I don't have any proof of why there were problems, but the rep who took my shit fed me false information & messed up the customs form (which at the very least is a sign that she was never trained or supervised properly), and I firmly believe that's why one of my packages was returned to me a month later instead of being delivered.

At this point though, I've learned my lesson about more than a few things, and I'm thankful that I at least got my stuff back (some of which I resold like a day later & the small thing I ended up wanting to keep so it worked out) and that the person who was originally supposed to get the stuff wasn't a dick about things.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

See, this is why I normally have stuff delivered to my work so I can sign for it personally. Or I get called to the back and asked what the hell is up with the package with my name on it.

If it doesn't arrive where I work, I didn't receive it and proceed from there.

As a business, if we don't receive something directed to us, we raise some serious shit, no matter the method.

edit:

And if there's any duty or customs fees (*grumbles*), since I'm there I can pay for them right away.

Last edited by Shepp; 05-04-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote