Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 09-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #61
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Generations Titan Class Metroplex Released at Canadian Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap69Poo View Post
Im so happy i was able to pick up a MISB SDCC version locally for 200!
...but now i realised it MUCH bigger than i thought and i dunno wat to do with it... i think my wife is going to freak out when she sees it
I'm very jealous of u can have a SDCC version which speaks...then I remembered my online ToyRus order is just 120 after tax, I felt much better now.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #62
Chap69Poo
Generation 2

yeah i also bought one from online for that price but i think $200 is too good of a price to pass so i got it...
now i have another one coming my way... maybe i will keep the sdcc sealed and display as is with a retail metroplex
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #63
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap69Poo View Post
yeah i also bought one from online for that price but i think $200 is too good of a price to pass so i got it...
now i have another one coming my way... maybe i will keep the sdcc sealed and display as is with a retail metroplex
metroplex looks great next to fort max... I just love him so much
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #64
deagle7000
Transform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
Hasbro has no choice in the matter... there is a law in the Province of Quebec that governs languages; signs, toys, everything. It specifically says that if it does not contain French, it cannot be brought into the Province. Therefore, Hasbro has to remove the English speak from the toy to be able to even sell it in the Province it is located in. They are the only Province that requires this... New Brunswick is another French Province and they don't care.

Here is how bad it really is in Quebec... when I worked for Best Buy, we threatened to close every Future Shop and every Best Buy store in Quebec because the Government was coming after us... the store names "Best Buy" and "Future Shop" were not in French, so the Government were going to go to court to force us to change it. Obviously we said no, seeing that is not the Company name... it was nasty.

Hasbro should just do what they've done with other stuff, not ship to Quebec. Why spend waste money on extra production costs for packaging and sound chips for one small portion of one country? They actually make their items less desirable to a lot of people. Especially with item like this there's no need to cater to the Quebec market. Anyone that wants it will travel or order online to get it. Hasbro shouldn't make it their problem.

Quebec doesn't seem to realize how much they turn people, and businesses, off with their laws. I was working at Future Shop when that lawsuit was happening and they wanted to pressure Wal-Mart or anyone without a French first name into changing. Dozens of businesses would have absolutely packed up and left just to avoid the hassle. Many already have. It's an elitist policy that is motivated by nothing but fear that people might actually prefer English. I used to get customer come in from Quebec and often they would pretend not to speak English and demand someone who spoke French but when no one was available they spoke perfect English. Can't stand that attitude and it's exactly what Quebec policies have created. I would get a much nicer place for cheaper across the bridge but it's just not worth it.
deagle7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #65
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Je suis de l'ouest du canada et n'ai aucun problème avec les lois du Québec tant que j'obtiens ce cool mega transformateur metroplex. totalement génial !
....Je ne sais pas pourquoi l'ontario les membres du conseil pensent qu'ils sont le centre du canada.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #66
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagle7000 View Post
Hasbro should just do what they've done with other stuff, not ship to Quebec. Why spend waste money on extra production costs for packaging and sound chips for one small portion of one country? They actually make their items less desirable to a lot of people. Especially with item like this there's no need to cater to the Quebec market. Anyone that wants it will travel or order online to get it. Hasbro shouldn't make it their problem.
Mumps has opened up his, and the sound chip had the word "euro" written on it.

So Hasbro is not really going to extra work to replace the sound chip just for Canada to "cater to Quebec". They are using the European soundchip in Canada - something infinitely easy to do, just produce more Euro versions at the factory, and less "American Versions".

In fact, all euro versions should have the same sound chip. It's the Americans who are the "odd ones out" with their voice chip, not the rest of the world.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 09-08-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #67
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Mumps has opened up his, and the sound chip had the word "euro" written on it.

So Hasbro is not really going to extra work to replace the sound chip just for Canada to "cater to Quebec". They are using the European soundchip in Canada - something infinitely easy to do, just produce more Euro versions at the factor, and less "American Versions".

In fact, all euro versions should have the same sound chip. It's the Americans who are the "odd ones out" with their voice chip, not the rest of the world.
so now you have something against the americans?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #68
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

haha

Last edited by Autobot_Orion; 09-08-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #69
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

#1 He's not B&K collectibles
#2 what is wrong with you??

someone needs to learn how to read.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #70
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot_Orion View Post
...yeah that's what I thought your singling people out, I wont be buying anything ever off of bk collectibles because of this very attitude.
First of all, I'm not the one who runs BK collectibles. There are about three of us Bruticus on here. He's "Bruticus" I'm "Bruticus82" and there's another "BruticusMax" at least get your usernames straight.

Second, I don't have anything against Americans, all I'm saying is if anything, they got the "voice" chip, while other areas of the world (including Europe and Canada) get the same "sound only" chip.

I'd be curious to know what chip the Asian metroplexes have in them. Whether the euro, or the US, or something else entirely.

Edit: Oh wait...is that you again from the other thread? Okay, I won't waste any more time with you.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metroplex