Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-16-2015, 01:33 AM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
MP Question

Since there's plenty of MP Figures from both Takara Tomy and Hasbro. Are they going to make any TF Prime Masterpiece figures? I think it would be nice....IMO
Old 01-16-2015, 02:00 AM   #2
elburrito
Animated
Re: MP Question

I think TF Prime is the best thing to happen to TFs (show wise) since 1985. Even though they are "Bay-ified", I like the robot/vehicle designs. If someone with the skills and the connections feels the same way, for sure there will be Prime-style bots. Whether they are Takara is another question.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:08 AM   #3
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
I think TF Prime is the best thing to happen to TFs (show wise) since 1985. Even though they are "Bay-ified", I like the robot/vehicle designs. If someone with the skills and the connections feels the same way, for sure there will be Prime-style bots. Whether they are Takara is another question.
TF Prime is Bay-ified? You mean that the characters are based from the bayverse films?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:13 AM   #4
Chigimus
Masterpiece

The thing is, the whole point of the Masterpiece line is to portray a definitively accurate robot mode to look as though the character stepped right out of the TV and into your hand while also having an alt mode that accurately reflects a scale model of that vehicle. That's why MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe sports an officially licensed Lamborghini logo, MP-21 Bumblebee has the officially license Volkswagen logo etc.

So in comparison, since the alt mode designs in TF Prime are fictional and were never really designed to represent "real world" vehicles, I doubt they will get the official Masterpiece treatment. A 3rd party company may take a shot at it one day perhaps, maybe.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:48 AM   #5
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Maybe you'll start seeing beast wars/TF Prime MPs. The standard waiting period is 30 years though
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #6
justprime
Animated

Real world vehicles....... next mp is stars abet so yeh a prime piece is possible
justprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #7
justprime
Animated

Stupid spell check star Saber sorry folks
justprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
Mercutio
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
So in comparison, since the alt mode designs in TF Prime are fictional and were never really designed to represent "real world" vehicles, I doubt they will get the official Masterpiece treatment.
MP Grimlock would like a word.

I think it'll be a long time before we see any MPs from the Prime series (I mean good grief, it's only a few years old, and the original figures are already pretty fantastic!) but real-world alt modes are certainly not a requirement for MP figures. As mentioned above, the upcoming Star Saber is another example, and I'm sure they'll eventually get to characters like Galvatron... who knows, maybe we'll get an MP Unicron one day!

Last edited by Mercutio; 01-16-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:18 AM   #9
ironclaugh
Armada

I absolutely adore TF Prime and the toys are probably my overall favorite line, but I doubt they will ever be made into Masterpieces. I also doubt you will see any of their like again (excluding botcon, tfcc, etc.) because Hasbro will be moving on to develop the new RiD line while continuing Generations and the current MP line. I could be wrong... I guess they are redoing a few Armada figures in Generations line but that could be 6 years away! haha

What I wouldn't give for an MP Bulkhead
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #10
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Fe bulkhead is a masterpiece
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote