Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
Soundwaves
Robot Master
Re: MP Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
TF Prime is Bay-ified? You mean that the characters are based from the bayverse films?
Tf prime is baysformers animated.
The designs and cannon.

Tried to get into it one holiday...no dice.

I hope that they never do any prime mp's of any more baysformers.
Unless literally every other option is exhausted.

They're more for kids...I can't I imagine a lot if adult collectors forking over big dollars for them.

Last edited by Soundwaves; 01-16-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:24 PM   #12
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
MP Grimlock would like a word.

I think it'll be a long time before we see any MPs from the Prime series (I mean good grief, it's only a few years old, and the original figures are already pretty fantastic!) but real-world alt modes are certainly not a requirement for MP figures. As mentioned above, the upcoming Star Saber is another example, and I'm sure they'll eventually get to characters like Galvatron... who knows, maybe we'll get an MP Unicron one day!
True enough argument there, but Grimlock is the only anomaly in the line because his badass attitude said so, lol. Realistically speaking though, their designers have never otherwise made the decision so far to give any other beast-former the Masterpiece treatment. Keep in mind that Star Saber's entry into the Masterpiece line was only because it was decided by that Fan's Choice poll that Takara had as part of the 30th anniversary festivities and not Takara's choice themselves. There's no way to say for sure if or when they'll allow the fandom to pick the next character to be given the Masterpiece treatment. 35 and 40th anniversaries? Maybe. 50th anniversary? Well, I sure as hell hope both Takara and the fandom last another 20 years or more.

Last edited by Chigimus; 01-16-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #13
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Okay then where does the made up character exhaust fit in so i would say that Takara cant think of a repaint then they will just make one up
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #14
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Okay then where does the made up character exhaust fit in so i would say that Takara cant think of a repaint then they will just make one up
"Exhaust" is paying tribute to the Diaclone Lancia Stratos with a Marlboro livery design (w/ misspelling Marlboro to "Marlboor") & a different, retooled head. The "regular" Diaclone mold later became Wheeljack in G1 TF but Hasbro/Takara didn't pick the Marlboro livery version. Also, Exhaust is not a make up character by TakaraTomy - I think it appeared in Dreamwave G1 continuity. Of course this retooled and repainted version is nothing more than a money grab just like the other Autobots MP cars by TakaraTomy

Actually I was a bit disappointed by this - I expected they reuse the mold to make a MP Decepticons Slicer from the G1 Action Masters line. May be it will be next?

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 01-16-2015 at 04:34 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #15
OLDMR
Beast Machine

Quote:
Since there's plenty of MP Figures from both Takara Tomy and Hasbro. Are they going to make any TF Prime Masterpiece figures? I think it would be nice....IMO

no it wouldn't. Stop ruining my life.
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #16
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

The FE prime and bulhead are real gooooood!!, They could put these in MP boxes and sell them, especially the Takara Bulkhead figure!

It's hard to say where the MP line will go, but should stay G1 for a while.

Maybe another fan favourite is next ? or Headmasters or Armada line or beast line who knows.

The prime line could go, but I think there are other series before that, that they would consider, and I don't know if any other series other than g1 or g2 would sell enough MP's right now.

Bring on the MP combiners! thats all I have to say

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection

Last edited by Rodimus Prime1; 01-16-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #17
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Who's Slicer? never heard of him
Old 01-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #18
ironclaugh
Armada

Quote:
Who's Slicer? never heard of him
Slicer was an evil version of Wheeljack. He had a G1 Action Master toy. He was later done up in the Unicron Trilogy era. Then During the Prime line they payed tribute to him with Dark Energon Wheeljack (he looks great if you slap a few Con logos on him)

ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 PM   #19
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Rodimus is also not a "real car". But MP is focusing on G1 Season 1 and 2 (like they should).

Right now all TF designs are being dumbed down thanks (but no thanks) to Hasbro's direction. Simple transformation, hollow parts, no gimmick. MP is the only TF that's worth the price and appreciation of great design and engineering.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #20
Markusmaxmus
Beasty
Markusmaxmus's Ebay Auctions

HMM a MP of sound wave as UAV drone would be cool IMO or Arcee as a street bike.